Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 21, 2012
This is a big cereal container. Its oval shape makes it slightly wider than Family/Giant sized boxes, which is my only complaint. But it's big enough to hold much more than 1 of those boxes. I bought it to hold Costco-sized double packs.

It has an indentation and textured ridges where you hold it. The pour lid is easy to open and close. The lid conveniently has a stop at half-way open so it's out of the way when you pour your cereal. And I like the slight lip because it ends up catching the crumblies at end instead of having the last bowl be a bowl of mush crumbs.

It keeps cereal fresh. I only had a problem when first bought it because I used it right after washing it- it wasn't fully dry and the cereal became stale very quickly. Since then, I make sure I dry overnight and I have had no problems.
review image
103 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I love the cereal containers. Haven't found a box of cereal yet that won't fit. They're very large durable plastic. The lid is easy to use and the fliptop is perfect. Easily store in the cabinet. I have purchased several of these over the years and continue to have them to this day. Love the Rubbermaid brand.

This model in particular is the oval model. I actually prefer the rectangular one more but these work just as well.

Overall very pleased with my purchase once again! 😃😃
on September 11, 2016
Bought these for my pantry... as we had the unfortunate experience of pantry moths this summer. All dry goods now go into a plastic container. These are great, easy for the kids to handle and easy for the kids to close since the lid is attached. I did see these locally and they were actually more expensive than on Amazon. I have bought six over the years... and use all six.
on June 5, 2013
If you plan to store light, puffy cereal, this container will be perfect. But we use it to store dry cat food, which, in a container of this size, is fairly heavy. The sides of the container have a gripping area, which, again, would be sufficient for pouring out cereal that's made mostly of air, but we need one that has a separate handle. It's just a bit too slippery/awkward to keep a good grip on this container when it's full of fiber-rich, dense cereal or pet food. I'm also a little "iffy" about how air-tight it might be; the flip-up spout doesn't seem to seal all that tightly onto the lid.
One person found this helpful
on August 26, 2013
These containers are marketed for cereal storage, but I use them for everything, flour, sugar, rice, dried potatoes, etc. They are large enough to hold 5 lb. bag of sugar or flour. The lids are air tight and easy to remove. The container has a molded grip which makes it easy to pull down from a high shelf.
4 people found this helpful
on July 24, 2014
I love these cereal containers! easy to use and easy to wash. what more could you ask for? they hold a whole bag of cereal (big box store, 2 bags in a box size) so I a not left with random little bags of overflow cereal that will go stale before we remember to top off the cereal containers... I hate that! so this is definitely the best cereal container I've found yet! they last a long time too. I have had 2 for 3+years and they work just as well as the day I bought them.
on May 18, 2015
I have about 4 of those containers right now two is for powder laundry soap and one is for cereal and the red one is for egg noodles because the bag that the noodles come in rip very easily and I end up with mess on countertop so I use one for egg noodles and its working good. I highly recommend the containers. they can be used for anything in kitchen or laundry room or whatever comes to mind.
on September 3, 2016
I searched this this cereal keeper everywhere in brick and mortar stores with no success. As always, I found just what I needed and wanted on Amazon. "Seek and you shall find." I love the convenience and availability of products and I am never disappointed. The product was exactly what I wanted and the price was fair. Thank you.
on March 5, 2013
perfect for storing cereals. grandkids take time to seal these containers back once they get the amount of cereal they need. got them for daughter, planning on getting a few more but they are a bit expensive but worth the price. will soon purchase a few more. RUBBERMADE really have quality containers. purchased others before much cheaper but they don't hold up I think you get what you pay for ,this is a very high quality product.
One person found this helpful
on October 8, 2016
Love this product to keep my brown sugar, bulk oatmeal and confection sugar in. Wore my other one out and it cracked. But I had it for years. Very nice product. Would recommend this to everyone.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.