Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 9,279 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10,498 reviews
on August 28, 2016
They were ok, some were a little smaller than I expected...
review image
22 comments| 231 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2015
They're pretty good, and I would have given them four stars, but what I don't like about them is that when you microwave tomato sauce or ramen noodle soup or anything like that in these containers, they seem to become damaged. They get this white film on them in the inside, and its almost like they burn a little bit or something like that and become permanently damaged. Its a little hard to describe, so I included a picture. I haven't abused these things in any way. A few minutes in the microwave shouldnt be too much punishment for these things to bear, I wouldnt think (it looks dirty in the picture but its not and i've scraped at them so its obvious that its like, melted, into the plastic or something) Other than that, they're pretty good. You just sorta have to watch what you microwave in these things, which defeats the purpose somewhat right? I mean, if you're putting leftovers in here, or taking them to work, you're more than likely going to want to pull the lid off and stick it in the microwave right? Anyway, they're alright otherwise.
review image review image
4040 comments| 792 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2015
I purchased my first set of these almost exactly a year ago and have just purchased another set (i love when they have them on sale). There weren't as many reviews on them the first time I purchased them but after a year of use I feel like I should leave a review as well.

Overall I give them four out of five stars for the following:
Pros
- Price
- the lids snap together
- no leaks
- you can freeze, microwave, and wash them in the dishwasher
- made in the usa

Cons
- you can't microwave the lid without it warping somewhat
- when dropped I have had edges break off
- they stain rather easily and I have had some of the actual containers melt/plastic bubble

They store food relatively well and despite a few flaws (that you'd expect with any set of plastic storage- if you don't want staining/occasional melting problems I would suggest paying the 3x more for a glass set) I've only had to throw out maybe three of them. Ultimately for the price I think they are a pretty decent plastic storage set, which is why I've ordered a second set while on sale. I can't imagine you'd expect these to be super fantastic end-all be-all storage containers (especially for the reasonable price) but I do think they work well for my family and make it super easy to freeze lunches for my husband or store leftovers.
review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 25, 2011
These Rubbermaid storage containers are nice and thick, unlike those (in my opinion) disposable food storage containers that people buy (including my wife) from the grocery store. People think they're saving money by purchasing cheap containers but they are not. They simply don't last. However these Rubbermaid containers will. The covers fit nice and snug and the lids attach to the bottoms, which comes in handy if you're the type to lose lids. This set has a good variety of sizes which should be good for most households. I highly recommend this set. And the price on Amazon is much better then the brick and mortar stores.

This set comes with the following amount and sizes:

5 - 0.5 Cups
5 - 1.25 Cups
4 - 2.0 Cups
2 - 3.0 Cups
2 - 5.0 Cups
2 - 7.0 Cups
33 comments| 390 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2017
I'm pretty happy with these. I've had probably 10 sets over the years and had the type with the square or rectangular shapes with clasping lids. Really, they are more trouble then they're worth. These hold the food in just as tight without the trouble of clasping all those lid sides down.

I also found that they warped and many were hard to clasp all sides. These don't do that though.

Rubbermade seems to always make decent products. I saw a single piece of this set on sale at Vons for $12. So to get this many for $20 it's a good value.

I also like that they only come in 4 sizes. It makes more sense. You won't have nearly as many mismatched pieces and you'll save a lot of time not having to look for a matching container lid.

Pros:

1. only 4 sizes so nonsearching for container lids.
2. Lids click together and stay together making for easy stacking and storage. Easier to keep your shelves organized.
3. Good quiality.
4. Less likely to warp than the square, snapping lid type.
5. Cheaper than other sets that aren't as good. Way cheaper than buying one piece at a time at the store.

Cons:

1. Would be nice to have come with one or two extra large size containers.
2. A few more color options would be better too.
on October 31, 2016
Excellent basic storage selection. I did have to return and get the kit replaced as there were 4 pieces missing in the initial delivery I received. But as always returning and replacing with Amazon is a hassle free project. Cannot beat the price as a Prime deal either. These are basic storage containers and I would not recommend using any plastic container in the microwave. When it comes to microwaving food, I always use glass containers, regardless of whether the containers say microwave safe or not. There are countless articles that explain why food should not be reheated in plastic containers regardless of whether they are BPA free or not. Acidic foods such as tomato soup will stain and ruin these as well as other plastic containers. Heating and cooling will break down the plastic and chemicals in the plastic. BPA is not the only chemical used in plastic. Acidic foods will exacerbate this by "eating" into the plastic which is why if you've ever heated up tomato soup in a plastic container, you're left with red stains you can't seem to wash off. But for normal storage use you can't beat this deal for the amount of containers you get. The lids seal tight and the various sizes accommodate my lunch box requirements!

Sizes (42 Piece):

5 - 4oz
5 - 1.25 cups
5 - 2 cups
2 - 3 cups
2 - 5 cups
2 - 7 cups

And lids for all corresponding sizes.
on September 24, 2015
We were concerned about using so many plastic bags, for environmental and economical, reasons so the wife and I decided to purchase a lot of these. They're great! While we still keep plastic bags for items that don't fit and things we want to send away with guests, we hardly use the plastic any more.

Pros:
-Price
-Interlocking lids and stackability makes them super convenient to store and keep track of
-Lightweight
-Lids lock tight

Cons:
-Plastic can become corroded and/or stained by acidic foods, not to mention it doesn't withstand cutting
-Color of the lids can fade
-Like most plastic, it doesn't weather well in the microwave

So long as you're sure to rinse these out after use, don't let items dry, and don't microwave or dishwash them, they last a really long time. My first set I bought 4 years ago and they look almost as good as new -- the major difference is the color of the lids does fade.
-Kind of flimsy for freezer storage -- I wouldn't recommend keeping things the freezer in these for very long
A good little set of Tupperware. The lids of the same size all snap together for easy storage and so you don't lose them. The containers themselves are made of a nice heavy duty plastic that will last and last, and the lids snap on nice and air tight so no spills. The largest size is the most useful, as the smaller ones are almost too small. I wish this set had included an even bigger size, even just 1 or 2 containers.
It's a good value set that will handle 99% of your lunches and left overs. I'd still recommend investing in a few larger containers. It's hard to find containers in the stores of such quality for such a low price these days.
review image review image review image
on November 20, 2016
This is a second tier Rubbermaid set. And not the ones you get at Costco, etc. Very similar to cheap "As Seen on TV" products that have poorer seal tops that are a harder plastic. The container is a soft plastic. Works but is not the higher quality Rubbermaid product.

Suggest you comparison shop at Costco, Target and Walmart in order to get the Item Number of the container you like.

This review is for 1880801. Make sure the good/favorable product reviews are on this product number. They look the same as the better one.
on November 3, 2015
This is a nice set, and having the covers snap to the containers is a great idea. There are just a couple of things I would like to point out. The 1st one is pretty obvious; this is a 42 piece set, but keep in mind that 21 of those pieces are covers so you are only getting 21 containers. The 2nd one is that 5 of the 21 containers are half cup (4 ounce) capacity and are TINY (IMHO). These 5 containers might be great if you want to take salad dressing to work with you, but there aren't a lot of leftovers that only consist of 4 ounces. Other than my disappointment with the 5 tiny containers, I'm hoping this will be a good purchase and enable us to get rid of the pile of miss fitting containers we now have.