Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Rubbermaid Configurations Custom Closet Deluxe Kit..." and save 15% off the $114.66 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Rubbermaid Configurations Custom Closet Deluxe Kit, White, 4-8 Foot, FG3H8900WHT
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fits any walk-in or reach-in closet with at least one wall 4-8 feet wide
- Telescoping rods and expanding shelves adjust to add 20 feet of shelving space and 12 feet of hanging space
- All mounting hardware included for easy installation with no cutting
- White Finish
- Includes: (7) 26" Shelves, (2) 48" Shelves, (2) 48" Top Rails, 19 Brackets, (5) 47.5" Uprights, (2) 25" Upright Extensions, and 2 Hang Rods
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
For nearly 80 years, the Rubbermaid brand has represented innovative, high-quality products that help simplify life. Today, Rubbermaid products can be found almost everywhere including mass retail, hardware and home center stores, warehouse clubs, supermarkets, drug stores, department stores and specialty stores. Newell Rubbermaid Inc. is committed to ensuring that the Rubbermaid brand continues to stand for durable, innovative products that help simplify the lives of people everyday.
Everything You Need in One Box
Your dream closet is easy to build with Rubbermaid Configurations Closet Kits. This 4-8 feet Deluxe Closet Kit includes all the pieces you need to maximize your existing closet space and create smart storage for your clothes, accessories, and more. Easily configurable, this system includes telescoping clothes rods, adjustable shelves, and hardware for quick and easy installation.
- Versatile system lets you create a custom closet space
- Installs easily in minutes with included hardware
- Maintenance-free epoxy finish
- Fits any closet with one wall 4-8 ft. wide
Love Your Closet Space
Rubbermaid Configurations Custom Closet Kits allow you to use your closet space more efficiently than ever before.
Maximize Your Storage Space
With this kit, you can create a double-hang section for shirts, skirts, and folded pants and create a long-hang section for dresses and suits. Store boxes, out-of-season items, and blankets on your top shelf, and use the lower shelves to store shoes and folded sweaters.
Quick and Easy Installation
With simple household tools, your new closet can be installed in a few easy steps with no cutting required. Hang rails, adjustable shelves, and telescoping rods can be set up in a matter of minutes.
Endless Ways to Customize
Customize your closet with racks and shelving designed specifically for hanging clothes, shoes, ties, belts, and more for better organization.
Rubbermaid Configurations Custom Closet Kits
Rubbermaid Direct Mount
|Overview||Our most adjustable rail-mount closet system. Telescoping clothing rods, expanding shelves, and tons of accessories offer flexibility to make the most of your space.||This heavy-duty adjustable rail-mount system works with standard 12-inch and deep 16- and 20-inch shelving for large and bulky items.||This basic traditional wire shelving system is perfect for adding additional shelves to an existing closet. Braces mount directly into the wall in a fixed position.|
|Fits Closet Sizes||3-6 feet, 4-8 feet||4-8 feet||3-5 feet, 5-8 feet, 6-8 feet|
|Fits Walk-In Closets||✔|
|Works with Tight Mesh Shelving||✔||✔|
|Works with FreeSlide Shelving||✔||✔|
|Expandable Shelves and Rods||✔|
|Easy Install with No Cutting||✔||✔|
The key to getting the most out of your closet is how you use the space inside it. Rubbermaid Configurations Custom Closet Deluxe Kit makes the most of the space found in any closet with at least one 4-8 feet wide wall. Properly installed, it provides an extra 20 feet of shelving space and 12 feet of hanging space with expanding shelves and telescoping rods. Easy to install without cutting, it includes seven 26" shelves, two 48" shelves, two 48" top rails, 19 brackets, five 47.5" uprights, two 25" uprights, and two hang rods. For even more organization options, additional Configurations accessories are available.
Organize your closet exactly the way you want with the Rubbermaid 3H89 White Configurations Four to Eight Foot Deluxe Custom Closet Kit. This system can be customized, with no cutting required, to fit closet walls from four to eight feet long. The included shelves and hang rods are adjustable for up to 10 feet of hang space and 22 feet of stacking space. With eight more feet of shelf space than the Four to Eight Foot Classic Custom Closet Kit, the Deluxe is the perfect system for storing folded sweaters, blankets, and other bulky items. Flexible features make it quick and easy to reconfigure your closet. And because all the pieces in the kit are constructed with a white epoxy finish, they will protect and store your clothes and other valuables for years to come.
The Deluxe Custom Closet Kit includes everything you need in one box to create a customized closet, allowing you to keep your home neat and organized. This kit includes four telescoping clothes rods, nine adjustable shelves, and all the hardware you need for quick and easy installation. The closet's track and upright system provides strength and versatility: the tracks make installation fast, and the uprights make it easy to reconfigure your closet at any time. The components have a clean, shiny look with a white, baked-on epoxy finish that will allow for years of maintenance-free durability, and the clothes rods provide free sliding with no wires to get in the way of your hangers.
Maximize Your Storage Space
The Deluxe Custom Closet Kit is designed to help you make the most of your storage space. It is designed to fit closet spaces between four and eight feet long, up to 22 feet tall. With this kit you can create a double-hang section for shirts, skirts, and folded pants and create a long-hang section for dresses and suits. Store boxes, out-of-season items, and blankets on your top shelf, and use the lower shelves to store shoes and folded sweaters. Whatever your storage needs, the Deluxe Custom Closet Kit can be customized to do the job.
Quick, Easy Installation
The Deluxe Custom Closet Kit can be installed a few easy steps, with no cutting required. Simply mount the hang rails and adjust the shelves and telescoping rods--in a matter of minutes you will have a closet customized to your needs.
For more than 70 years, Rubbermaid has committed to creating durable, innovative products that help simplify life and make living and work spaces more comfortable and attractive. From its original line of simple housewares, Rubbermaid has expanded to become a major designer of a wide array of products ranging from home and garden to seasonal and commercial products. Recognized as a "Brand of the Century" by the Brand Marketing magazine, Rubbermaid prides itself on being a name synonymous with excellent quality housewares.
What's in the Box
Two 48.25-inch shelves; seven 26.25-inch shelves; five 47.5-inch uprights; two 25-inch uprights; 19 brackets; two 48-inch hang rails; four 22-inch rail covers; nine rod hangers; and one each 48-inch inner clothes rod, 48-inch outer clothes rod, 26-inch inner clothes rod, and 26-inch outer clothes rod. All hardware included.
|For 3-6 Ft. Closets||For 4-8 Ft. Closets|
|Two 36.25-inch shelves, one 26.25-inch shelf, 36-inch clothes rod, and 26-inch clothes rod.|
|Two 36.25-inch shelves, three 26.25-inch shelves, 36-inch clothes rod, and 26-inch clothes rod.||Two 48.25-inch shelves, three 26.25-inch shelves, 48-inch clothes rod, and 26-inch clothes rod.|
|Two 36.25-inch shelves, six 26.25-inch shelves, 36-inch clothes rod, and 26-inch clothes rod.||Two 48.25-inch shelves, seven 26.25-inch shelves, 48-inch clothes rod, and 26-inch clothes rod.|
See all Product description
Compare with similar items
ClosetMaid 22875 ShelfTrack 5ft. to 8ft. Adjustable Closet Organizer Kit, White
Rubbermaid FG3R14FTWHT Direct Mount Non-Adjustable Closet System, White
Rubbermaid FastTrack Multi-Purpose Closet Kit, Deep, White (FG3R20FTWHT)
ClosetMaid 1608 Closet Organizer Kit with Shoe Shelf, 5-Foot to 8-Foot, White
Rubbermaid FastTrack FreeSlide Expandable Closet Organizer, 5 to 8 foot, White (3D1100WHT)
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Material Type||Metal||Vinyl Coated Steel||Stainless Steel||Steel||Information Not Available||Steel|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Install was pretty easy, despite the fact that I am not what you would call a "handy" person. The wall I wanted to attach it to turned out to have metal studs, which are a nightmare to drill into, so after consulting with a contractor (my brother), I went out and bought a big pack of Togglers: TOGGLER SNAPTOGGLE BB Toggle Anchor with Bolts, Zinc-Plated Steel Channel, Made in US, 3/8" to 3-5/8" Grip Range, For 1/4"-20 UNC Fastener Size (Pack of 10) which are super strong and super easy to install. Long story short, the Togglers did the job, and I think the closet looks pretty good. I also purchased the tie and belt organizer: (Rubbermaid 3H98 Configurations 30-Hook Tie and Belt Organizer, Titanium(FG3H9800TITNM)), which I'm very happy with. In my opinion, at $86, this is hands-down the best option out there for home closet organization.
- #10x2" anchors (10-12 of them, depending on how many of your uprights will go directly on top of studs)
- #10x2" flat Phillips screws (maybe 4-8 extra beyond what's in the box)
- A 1/8" drill bit that's at least 2" long (sounds silly, but go check your set now. Mine wasn't long enough.)
First, the top rail:
- The box says to install the top rail at 86.5". I'm unsure where they got that number from, but since my closet is only 88" tall, I decided to lower it so I could actually utilize the as many notches as possible in the rails. I wanted to use the extensions to make a shoe rack at the bottom, and since the extension + upright are about 73", I mounted the top rail at 80" (remember to account for any moulding along the bottom, as that will stop rails from lying flush against the wall!). I'm a little tight for vertical space with the rods, so if my closet were taller, higher would be better, but don't feel obligated to go with the 86.5".
- Make sure your 1/8" drill bit is at least 2" long! I think my drill bit set is a fairly standard one, but my 1/8" bit was only 1.5" long, and so the 2" long screws would not go in until I made a trip to the hardware store for a new drill bit.
The upright rails:
- DO NOT assume these will naturally hang perfectly perpendicular to the top rail. In fact, mine "naturally" hung skewed by about 20 degrees, so I needed to use a level when hanging them, though the directions made no mention of it. Since I had to adjust them, I know the top isn't sitting solidly on the top rail, so I added extra screws in. It seemed very strange that the directions only tell you to attach at the bottom anyway-- shouldn't we be going for as secure as possible?
- The anchors included are incredibly cheap and nonsensical (see picture). I attempted to use two of them, and when I went to drive the screw in, the anchors just pulled out of the wall-- clearly not "anchoring" anything. So, while the package does include anchors, this is why I decided to get some extra #10x2" anchors.
- I used every screw in the box (16 included), even though I didn't use one of the uprights and my top rail was only extended to 6' long. While you're at the hardware store, throw in some extra #10x2" flat Philips screws. 4-8 extra should be plenty.
Once the top rail and uprights were attached to the wall, attaching the brackets and shelves was a breeze. I probably reconfigured it 12 times in half an hour before deciding on an arrangement I liked, and I love that if my needs change, I can just as easily reconfigure without needing to break out the drill again.