Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Rubbermaid Configurations Deluxe Custom Closet Organizer System Kit, 4-to-8-Foot, Titanium, FG3H8900TITNM
About this item
- No Fabric
- Fits any walk in or reach in closet with at least one wall 4 8 feet wide
- Telescoping rods and expanding shelves adjust to add 22 feet of shelving space and 12 feet of hanging space
- All mounting hardware included for easy Installation no cutting required
- Closet kit includes (7) 26 inches Shelves, (2) 48 inches Shelves, (2) 48 inches Top Rails, (19) Brackets, (5) 47.5 inches Uprights, (2) 25 inches Upright Extensions, and (2) Hang Rods
- Virtually maintenance free epoxy finish
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Includes all the pieces you need to transform your existing closet space, in just one kit.
Create smart storage for your clothes, accessories, and more in order to optimize the space you are working with, such as double hang-sections.
The telescoping rods and expanding shelves give you many different ways to reconfigure your closet depending on your space.
Quickly assemble your customized storage system in a few easy steps, with no cutting required.
Strong but lightweight components that allow for a clean and shiny look.
Years of maintenance-free durability, with a long lasting finish that won't snag, rust, or even yellow with age.
Add on more rails and other accessories to your existing closet to expand and update your space.
Countless accessories to accommodate every storage need within your customized closet.
Make the most of your space with the Rubbermaid Configurations Closet Kits. Designed for better organization and maximizing space, this 4 to 8 ft. Deluxe Closet Kit includes shelves and rods that adjust for a custom fit. Get up to 22 ft. of shelving space and up to 12 ft. of hanging space when installed. Installation is simple without any cutting required so you can quickly and easily create a closet space that suits your needs. This closet set includes (7) 26 in. Shelves, (2) 48 in. Shelves, (2) 48 in. Top Rails, (19) Brackets, (5) 47.5 in. Uprights, (2) 25 in. Upright Extensions, and (2) Hang Rods.
Organize your closet exactly the way you want with the Rubbermaid 3H89 Titanium Configurations Four to Eight Foot Deluxe Custom Closet Kit. This system can be customized, with no cutting required, to fit closet walls from four to eight feet long. The included shelves and hang rods are adjustable for up to 10 feet of hang space and 22 feet of stacking space. With eight more feet of shelf space than the Four to Eight Foot Classic Custom Closet Kit, the Deluxe is the perfect system for storing folded sweaters, blankets, and other bulky items. Flexible features make it quick and easy to reconfigure your closet. And because all the pieces in the kit are constructed with a nickel-and-chrome-colored satin epoxy finish, they will protect and store your clothes and other valuables for years to come.
The Deluxe Custom Closet Kit includes everything you need in one box to create a customized closet, allowing you to keep your home neat and organized. This kit includes four telescoping clothes rods, nine adjustable shelves, and all the hardware you need for quick and easy installation. The closet's track and upright system provides strength and versatility: the tracks make installation fast, and the uprights make it easy to reconfigure your closet at any time. The components have a clean, shiny look with a nickel-and-chrome-colored satin epoxy finish that will allow for years of maintenance-free durability, and the clothes rods provide free sliding with no wires to get in the way of your hangers.
Maximize Your Storage Space
The Deluxe Custom Closet Kit is designed to help you make the most of your storage space. It is designed to fit closet spaces between four and eight feet long, up to 22 feet tall. With this kit you can create a double-hang section for shirts, skirts, and folded pants and create a long-hang section for dresses and suits. Store boxes, out-of-season items, and blankets on your top shelf, and use the lower shelves to store shoes and folded sweaters. Whatever your storage needs, the Deluxe Custom Closet Kit can be customized to do the job.
Quick, Easy Installation
The Deluxe Custom Closet Kit can be installed a few easy steps, with no cutting required. Simply mount the hang rails and adjust the shelves and telescoping rods--in a matter of minutes you will have a closet customized to your needs.
For more than 70 years, Rubbermaid has committed to creating durable, innovative products that help simplify life and make living and work spaces more comfortable and attractive. From its original line of simple housewares, Rubbermaid has expanded to become a major designer of a wide array of products ranging from home and garden to seasonal and commercial products. Recognized as a "Brand of the Century" by the Brand Marketing magazine, Rubbermaid prides itself on being a name synonymous with excellent quality housewares.
What's in the Box
Two 48.25-inch shelves; seven 26.25-inch shelves; five 47.5-inch uprights; two 25-inch uprights; 19 brackets; two 48-inch hang rails; four 22-inch rail covers; nine rod hangers; and one each 48-inch inner clothes rod, 48-inch outer clothes rod, 26-inch inner clothes rod, and 26-inch outer clothes rod. All hardware included.
|For 3-6 Ft. Closets||For 4-8 Ft. Closets|
|Two 36.25-inch shelves, one 26.25-inch shelf, 36-inch clothes rod, and 26-inch clothes rod.|
|Two 36.25-inch shelves, three 26.25-inch shelves, 36-inch clothes rod, and 26-inch clothes rod.||Two 48.25-inch shelves, three 26.25-inch shelves, 48-inch clothes rod, and 26-inch clothes rod.|
|Two 36.25-inch shelves, six 26.25-inch shelves, 36-inch clothes rod, and 26-inch clothes rod.||Two 48.25-inch shelves, seven 26.25-inch shelves, 48-inch clothes rod, and 26-inch clothes rod.|
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Install was pretty easy, despite the fact that I am not what you would call a "handy" person. The wall I wanted to attach it to turned out to have metal studs, which are a nightmare to drill into, so after consulting with a contractor (my brother), I went out and bought a big pack of Togglers: TOGGLER SNAPTOGGLE BB Toggle Anchor with Bolts, Zinc-Plated Steel Channel, Made in US, 3/8" to 3-5/8" Grip Range, For 1/4"-20 UNC Fastener Size (Pack of 10) which are super strong and super easy to install. Long story short, the Togglers did the job, and I think the closet looks pretty good. I also purchased the tie and belt organizer: ( Rubbermaid 3H98 Configurations 30-Hook Tie and Belt Organizer, Titanium(FG3H9800TITNM) ), which I'm very happy with. In my opinion, at $86, this is hands-down the best option out there for home closet organization.
- #10x2" anchors (10-12 of them, depending on how many of your uprights will go directly on top of studs)
- #10x2" flat Phillips screws (maybe 4-8 extra beyond what's in the box)
- A 1/8" drill bit that's at least 2" long (sounds silly, but go check your set now. Mine wasn't long enough.)
First, the top rail:
- The box says to install the top rail at 86.5". I'm unsure where they got that number from, but since my closet is only 88" tall, I decided to lower it so I could actually utilize the as many notches as possible in the rails. I wanted to use the extensions to make a shoe rack at the bottom, and since the extension + upright are about 73", I mounted the top rail at 80" (remember to account for any moulding along the bottom, as that will stop rails from lying flush against the wall!). I'm a little tight for vertical space with the rods, so if my closet were taller, higher would be better, but don't feel obligated to go with the 86.5".
- Make sure your 1/8" drill bit is at least 2" long! I think my drill bit set is a fairly standard one, but my 1/8" bit was only 1.5" long, and so the 2" long screws would not go in until I made a trip to the hardware store for a new drill bit.
The upright rails:
- DO NOT assume these will naturally hang perfectly perpendicular to the top rail. In fact, mine "naturally" hung skewed by about 20 degrees, so I needed to use a level when hanging them, though the directions made no mention of it. Since I had to adjust them, I know the top isn't sitting solidly on the top rail, so I added extra screws in. It seemed very strange that the directions only tell you to attach at the bottom anyway-- shouldn't we be going for as secure as possible?
- The anchors included are incredibly cheap and nonsensical (see picture). I attempted to use two of them, and when I went to drive the screw in, the anchors just pulled out of the wall-- clearly not "anchoring" anything. So, while the package does include anchors, this is why I decided to get some extra #10x2" anchors.
- I used every screw in the box (16 included), even though I didn't use one of the uprights and my top rail was only extended to 6' long. While you're at the hardware store, throw in some extra #10x2" flat Philips screws. 4-8 extra should be plenty.
Once the top rail and uprights were attached to the wall, attaching the brackets and shelves was a breeze. I probably reconfigured it 12 times in half an hour before deciding on an arrangement I liked, and I love that if my needs change, I can just as easily reconfigure without needing to break out the drill again.
My only suggestion- don't listen to the recommended height to hang the starter piece. We hung ours a little lower. There was still plenty of space to hang tbe extenders, and it gave us more space to put long term storage boxes up top.
Top reviews from other countries
Product rating: 10/10......Amazon rating: 10/10
(Thank you Team Amazon:) Norman W
It took some measuring before using most of the parts, but it does look very good. I di dnot want togo through the return process.
I am a relatively handy woman and was able to install it all by myself. The box is a tad heavy, but not something I couldn`t mange - was no problem taking it to the second floor bedroom.
I am waiting fo rthe second set to come in ( the 3-6 foot closet set). Very excited as I think the 3-6 feet will work better for the space.
One thing that I wasn`t supe happy with are the anchors - I used by own driwall anchors since the provided ones kept coming out of the wall (likely, because I was doing somethign wrong though).
It`s been about 10 days and things haven`t fallen off the wall yet - I am happy :)
Es muy configurable por lo que se puede adaptar a muchas necesidades.
La instalación es sencilla entre dos personas, no se requiere más que un taladro, broca de 1/4, y desarmador.
Cabe comentar que NO trae taquetes para concreto, así que habrá que adquirirlos por separado.
Fuera de eso, es un excelente producto, 100% recomendable