Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

• Customer Reviews

Showing 1-10 of 416 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 439 reviews
on March 31, 2017
I have to deduct 2 stars because this duster and dustpan set is not as wide as previous generations of Rubbermaid sets. I purchased these to replace the old ones used at our local animal shelter, as the brushes were all worn down. Had I known that these new dustpans were considerably narrower than our old Rubbermaid sets, I never would have purchased them. And the new brushes do not snap into the old dustpans, so I can't even combine the new and old. This new pan is also narrower than your average broom, so if you want to use it for sweeping the floor, it is a bit of a challenge. I can think of no logical reason why Rubbermaid would have made this new dustpan so much narrower than earlier generations.
on August 7, 2015
I was in the market for a dustpan after the one that came with my broom fell apart. I saw this came with a duster as well and the price wasn't bad so I figured I'd try it out. I can't believe I've never owned a duster/dustpan set before and thinking back to when I used the broom I kind of feel like a neanderthal. it is sooo much easier easy to broom up anything. Build quality on this is really spectacular which is a little weird when you're talking about a dustpan. Despite being plastic it is made of a very strong durable plastic that I'm sure will last years. Highly recommend
on June 18, 2015
This is a pretty good hand broom and dustpan - I'm comparing it to my dearly departed Oxxo (http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Dustpan-Brush/dp/B00940DUF4).

Pros:
- Inexpensive
- Dustpan is deep and holds a lot of dust and garbage without spilling

Cons:
- Not as comfortable feeling as the Oxxo
- Not as sturdy as the Oxxo (dustpan is thinner plastic)

If I were to do it over again, I would have purchased the Oxxo again rather than this one. BUT this one does the job quite nicely and the dustpan is great with my shedding dog.
on November 20, 2015
I bought this set to replace my previous Rubbermaid set, which is pictured below. I'm very glad I kept the old one, because the new design has several flaws. In the old (turquoise) style the brush lays flat on it's side and stays put until I take it out. This new brush has the bristle side down and falls out of pan with no provocation. The brush handle does not fit tightly enough into that of the dustpan.

The black rubber strip on pan is useless, as it doesn't allow debris to be completely swept up, no matter how many times it's brushed into pan or pan is moved backward; there is always a line of dust remaining. This is really a problem when sweeping up scattered cat litter. My old set may be kinda ugly, but every bit of dust gets swept up in one or two sweeps of the brush, and the brush itself is just the right size to maneuver particles into pan without having them go over the side and back on to floor.

I do not recommend this set, and will try to find another of my old style.
review image
55 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2013
During our last move, we somehow lost our dustpan set. So we've gone over a year without having a dustpan/brush. The last set was also Rubbermaid and this set is identical to the last set - even the color is the same. The package was delivered at 3pm to my front door and the email saying "the product has been shipped" arrived in my email at 5pm (I just thought that was funny). Extremely quick shipping. We've only had this new set for a few days and have already used it at least once each day. I guess you don't really realize how useful something is until you've gone without it for awhile. Definitely a household staple, especially if you have children or pets. It's just so much easier to use this for smaller, everyday messes rather than drag out the canister vacuum. So happy to have a dustpan set again!!
on September 6, 2016
Yup. Broom and dustpan. They're a good size and generally useful. I bought this to leave next to our cats' litter box so we could keep the litter swept up and mess to a minimum. However, the bristles on the broom seem to be a bit overly springy, if that makes sense. They tend to fling the litter past the dustpan instead of sweeping it in. If they were stiffer they would sweep the litter into the dustpan.
on October 28, 2013
Buying a dustpan set should not be a tough decision. I made the whole process so complicated by reading a Real Simple review about 9 years ago. They recommended a dustpan set and I went out and bought it. Big mistake. It broke and I replaced it with the same kind, just because of that stupid review. The second one broke and we kept using it for 6 months. The whole set of bristles would fall out every time. Fortunately the bristles remained attached to a plastic piece, so putting it back together was simple.

I finally decided to buy a new and different dustpan set and chose this one. It is so much better than the Real Simple dustpan. It works really well for cleaning between stair spindles, in addition to the typical kitchen floor crumbs. It does a good job of picking up all of the crumbs without leaving behind that pesky line of dust near the edge.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 15, 2016
This was purchased as "travel broomset" for a slide-in camper. It is small but gets the job done. The duster and dustpan are both very sturdy and snap together. The pan is not as wide as normal hand dustpans, so it fits places easier. The rubber grip on the duster is really comfortable and nice. The bristles on the duster are very heavy duty too. Does the job!
on April 8, 2017
For some reason the pan likes to hold on to dust particles.
I first have to sweep the dust and hair off the floor into the pan and then sweep the pan into the garbage can over and over.
It's got good firm construction and the plastic isn't flimsy but the brush doesn't stay put in the pan handle.
on January 25, 2013
I used to consider Rubbermaid the gold standard for plastic products. I have a sturdy Rubbermaid dustpan that has withstood the test of time. This one is not even in the same ballpark. I have used it twice and the plastic is already splitting. I am sorry to write such a bad review but this is simply junk.
22 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse