This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Rubbermaid Extreme 5-Day Wheeled Ice Chest Rolling Cooler, 50-Quart, Blue, FG2A9202MODBL
|You Save:||$25.16 (39%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This rolling cooler has extra thick insulation to keep ice frozen up to 5 days even in temperatures up to 90 degrees Fahrenheit
- Large size accommodates up to 130 cans plus ice; The rugged wheels make maneuvering this travel cooler over multiple surfaces easy
- Portable cooler is great for camping, picnics, tailgating, or any party
- Durable metal and plastic extended tow handle, drain for easy draining of liquids; Side swing handles with comfort grip to easily carry this cooler with wheels.
- Built-in cup holders fit both 12-ounce cans and 20-ounce bottles
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
For nearly 80 years, the Rubbermaid brand represents innovative, high-quality products that help simplify life. Today, Rubbermaid products can be found almost everywhere including mass retail, hardware and home center stores, warehouse clubs, supermarkets, drug stores, department stores and specialty stores. Newell Rubbermaid Inc. is committed to ensuring that the Rubbermaid brand continues to stand for durable, innovative products that help simplify the lives of people everyday.
Rubbermaid DuraChill Wheeled Cooler
The perfect weekend companion for camping, parties, and more
The Rubbermaid DuraChill cooler’s extra thick insulation keeps ice up to 5 days at 90° F (6 days for the 75qut model). Available in multiple sizes from 45qt up to 75qt, the DuraChill's large size accommodates a large number of cans or bottles plus ice. The hinged, split lid creates easy access to contents without letting all the cold air out. The rugged wheels make maneuvering over multiple surfaces easy. Built-in cup holders fit both 12-oz cans and 20-oz bottles.
- Extra thick insulation keeps ice up to 5 or 6 days at 90° F.
- Side swing handles with comfort grip for easy carrying.
- Durable metal and plastic extended tow handle, drain for easy draining of liquids.
- Hinged, split lid creates easy access to cooler contents without letting all the cold air out.
- Rugged wheels to easily maneuver over multiple surfaces.
- Easy-to-clean liner featuring Microban antimicrobial protection.
- Built-in cup holders fit 12-oz cans and 20-oz bottles.
Available in Four Sizes
|DuraChill Series||Non-Wheeled Coolers||Slim Cooler||Victory Series||Marine Coolers|
|Durable Double-Walled Construction:||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Comfort Grip Side Handles:||✓||✓|
|Fabric Strap Handle:||✓|
|Liquid Dispensing Spigots:||✓|
|Molded-In Cup Holders:||✓||✓||✓|
This rolling cooler has extra thick insulation to keep ice frozen up to 5 days even in temperatures up to 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Large size accommodates up to 130 cans plus ice. The rugged wheels make maneuvering this travel cooler over multiple surfaces easy. Portable cooler is great for camping, picnics, tailgating, or any party. Durable metal and plastic extended tow handle, drain for easy draining of liquids. Side swing handles with comfort grip to easily carry this cooler with wheels. Built-in cup holders fit both 12-ounce cans and 20-ounce bottles. Rubbermaid extreme 5-day wheeled ice chest / cooler, blue, 50-quart (fg2a9202modbl).
Top customer reviews
Let's get into some of the negative reviews. People complain about this not being a 5 day cooler. However, you're not going to get that on any cooler unless you pay a hefty price. The instructions that come with the cooler explain how you can keep ice in it for five days.
You need to have things chilled beforehand. Don't leave the cooler on the sun or in a hot car. Leave the lid closed. The most shocking thing I found was that it says you need 1 pound for every quart of storage. So to kee ice in this cooler for five days you need 40 pounds of ice!!
So under those ideal conditions you can keep ice in for five days. For me, it keeps things cold for a good three days. Don't drain the water at the bottom as this helps keep items cold. The top seems a bit flimsy so be sure no one sits on it. There are cup holders on the top so let it perform what it was intended to do. Hold your drinks.
We haven't had any problems with the lid shutting on us. The handle easily extracts and makes it nice to tug along. The handle however seems a bit flimsy, but it hasn't been a problem yet. The wheels are big enough that I didn't have a problem lugging it over small rocks and grassy areas* see update.
All in all, this is a pretty good cooler. I'd say it's ideal for a typical family like mine who plan on using it for trips or picnics. If you want something sturdier and more hardcore, you'll end up paying more.
Update: I put in 20 pounds of ice into the cooler (1/2 of what the instructions require) and I still have ice after the fourth day. We've been using this in different terrains (i.e. From the car to a house over rock, etc.) you will not be able to push the cooler over grass.
Another tip is to put dried ice on the bottom and that will guarantee everything will stay cooled for a week. There's a caveat, you MUST put ice over the dried ice. Otherwise, anything carbonated will explode and anything with direct contact with the dried ice will immediately freeze.