Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Rubbermaid Outdoor Deck Box With Seat, Medium, 46" L x 24" W x 24" H (2047053)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Outdoor storage and seating in one durable combination
- Comfortable seating for 2 adults
- Great for storing patio accessories, grilling, and small lawn supplies
- Will not rot or rust like metal or wood furniture
- Easy assembly
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
For nearly 80 years, the Rubbermaid brand represents innovative, high-quality products that help simplify life. Today, Rubbermaid products can be found almost everywhere including mass retail, hardware and home center stores, warehouse clubs, supermarkets, drug stores, department stores and specialty stores. Newell Rubbermaid Inc. is committed to ensuring that the Rubbermaid brand continues to stand for durable, innovative products that help simplify the lives of people everyday.
Rubbermaid Plastic Medium Deck Box with Seat
Combines storage with seating for maximum use of space
Best for small patios, porches, decks, and other limited spaces.
All-in-one-unit combines the best of an outdoor storage box with a functional patio bench.
Durable double-wall construction resists leaks, dents, and moisture.
- Double-wall construction for added strength
- Comfortably seats 2 adults
- Easy-access lid keeps needed items always on-hand.
- Easily assembled with common household tools
Medium Deck Box with Seat Features & Benefits
Keep everything you need right where you need it
Enough space to comfortably store your most used lawn and patio supplies, this storage bench is compact enough to place in almost any area.
Comfortable seating for up to two adults
Provides comfortable seating for 2 adults.
Protects stored items from moisture, inclement weather, and sun-damage. Made from weather resistant plastic, this deck box won’t rot or rust like metal or wood patio storage boxes.
|Rubbermaid Plastic Medium Deck Box with Seat, 10-Cubic Feet, 1826712||Rubbermaid Plastic Large Deck Box with Seat, 12-Cubic Feet, 1826713||Rubbermaid Plastic XL Deck Box with Seat, 16-Cubic Feet, 1826714|
|Ext. Dimensions (Assembled)||24”H x 42”W x 24”D||25”H x 56”W x 24”D||32”H x 60”W x 24”D|
|Seats||2 Adults||2 Adults||3 Adults|
|Lockable (lock not included)||✓||✓||✓|
|Leak, dent and rot resistant||✓||✓||✓|
|Best for||Patio accessories, grilling, and small lawn supplies||Patio accessories, pool supplies, garden and lawn equipment||Patio furniture cushions, garden and lawn equipment, and supplies|
Compare with similar items
Rubbermaid Deck Box with Seat, Large, 4'8" L x 2'2" W x 2'1" H, Olive/Sandstone (2047054)
Keter Novel Plastic Deck Storage Container Box Outdoor Patio Garden Furniture 90 Gal, Black
Suncast DB10300 Patio Storage Box
Giantex 79 Gallon Plastic Deck Storage Container Box Outdoor Patio Garden Garage Shed Backyard Furniture with Deep Storage Compartment Easy Lift Lid, Grey/Green
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||$34.99||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||STL PRO, Inc.||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Giantex|
|Color||Olive/Sandstone||Olive/Sandstone||Black/Gray||Tan||Grey / Green|
|Item Dimensions||42.5 x 26.2 x 25.1 in||54.5 x 26.5 x 25 in||49.2 x 21.6 x 24.8 in||56.2 x 21 x 24 in||44 x 20 x 22 in|
|Size||Regular||Large||90-Gallon||103-gallon||44"x 20"x 22"(L x W x H)|
The Rubbermaid Deck Box with Seat offers seating or serving space combined with storage. Featuring a Sandstone colored lid and floor and olive steel colored panels. New hinge design for improved accessibility and durability. This Rubbermaid deck box is lockable (lock not included). Rubbermaid deck boxes are maintenance-free and crack-resistant in cold temperatures.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) To cut the tabs out on the bottom piece, I used an exacto knife with a large blade. That went pretty easy, requiring only a little elbow grease here and there to cut through the plastic.
2) I noticed that some had tried to assemble this with the bottom piece wrong side up. The smooth side, without the deep troughs, is what goes up and faces the interior of the box. The deep troughs will face the outside/underside of the box. I think that is why some had problems with the stability of the box when they were done.
3) It's not all that clear where you are supposed to screw the straps in. But if you look closely, there are small indentations on both the cover and inside of the box where they go. The plastic is soft enough that you need not drill any pilot holes. Just start screwing right into the plastic where the indentations are.
4) The hardest part for me by far was attaching the cover. The head of a hammer is too big to go into the groove area where the head of the big hinge pin is. And I didn't have any wood to use as shown in the instructions. What I ended up doing is using a very heavy iron Fuller 10" pipe wrench to jam the pin into the hinge. The head of my pipe wrench is narrow enough to get into that groove so I could jam the pin in with short hard jabs.
I would buy this box again, despite the poor assembly instructions and assembly design. Once it's put together, it really is pretty sturdy and it looks like it will last a long time. It's also nice and roomy. I will be putting an outside furniture cover over the box to protect its contents from the elements.
1. Box came completely destroyed. It doesn't look like new damage, almost as if it's stored in a factory and used as a floor mat.
2. The assembly process is straight forward, but there are some problems. This product relies on self-tapping screws into soft plastic. This will fail relatively quickly.
3. The customer is asked to "punch out" plastic pieces (holes) so that walls and lid can be assembled. The problem is that poor tolerances in the blow-molding tool make some areas easy to punch out and others had to be cut out with a robust blade (no exacto's!).
4. The customer is asked to hammer the lid hinge pins into place using a hammer and a wood block.
This is an unreasonable request as the hinge pins are soft plastic and the holes between the lid and the box do not align unless you're holding the lid at a strange angle. This is also a side effect of poor manufacturing with thermoplastics. The parts are too warped to ask a customer to figure it out on their end.
This product has actually changed my opinion of Rubbermaid. I would probably deliberately avoid other Rubbermaid products because of this "Deck Box."
Went together fairly easy, the fit leaves a lot to be desired. This box will not keep out spiders and other bugs. It will most likely keep out direct rain however moisture will probably be an issue.
I would not recommend this box for the price.
Most recent customer reviews
to store garden stuff.