Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Rubbermaid Outdoor Deck Box With Seat, Medium, 46"..." and save 41% off the $112.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Rubbermaid Outdoor Deck Box With Seat, Medium, 46" L x 24" W x 24" H (FG5F2100OLVSS)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Outdoor storage and seating in one durable combination
- Comfortable seating for 2 adults
- Great for storing patio accessories, grilling, and small lawn supplies
- Will not rot or rust like metal or wood furniture
- Easy assembly
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
For nearly 80 years, the Rubbermaid brand represents innovative, high-quality products that help simplify life. Today, Rubbermaid products can be found almost everywhere including mass retail, hardware and home center stores, warehouse clubs, supermarkets, drug stores, department stores and specialty stores. Newell Rubbermaid Inc. is committed to ensuring that the Rubbermaid brand continues to stand for durable, innovative products that help simplify the lives of people everyday.
Rubbermaid Plastic Medium Deck Box with Seat
Combines storage with seating for maximum use of space
Best for small patios, porches, decks, and other limited spaces.
All-in-one-unit combines the best of an outdoor storage box with a functional patio bench.
Durable double-wall construction resists leaks, dents, and moisture.
- Double-wall construction for added strength
- Comfortably seats 2 adults
- Easy-access lid keeps needed items always on-hand.
- Easily assembled with common household tools
Medium Deck Box with Seat Features & Benefits
Keep everything you need right where you need it
Enough space to comfortably store your most used lawn and patio supplies, this storage bench is compact enough to place in almost any area.
Comfortable seating for up to two adults
Provides comfortable seating for 2 adults.
Protects stored items from moisture, inclement weather, and sun-damage. Made from weather resistant plastic, this deck box won’t rot or rust like metal or wood patio storage boxes.
Rubbermaid Plastic Medium Deck Box with Seat, 10-Cubic Feet, 1826712
Rubbermaid Plastic Large Deck Box with Seat, 12-Cubic Feet, 1826713
Rubbermaid Plastic XL Deck Box with Seat, 16-Cubic Feet, 1826714
|Ext. Dimensions (Assembled)||24”H x 42”W x 24”D||25”H x 56”W x 24”D||32”H x 60”W x 24”D|
|Seats||2 Adults||2 Adults||3 Adults|
|Lockable (lock not included)||✔||✔||✔|
|Leak, dent and rot resistant||✔||✔||✔|
|Best for||Patio accessories, grilling, and small lawn supplies||Patio accessories, pool supplies, garden and lawn equipment||Patio furniture cushions, garden and lawn equipment, and supplies|
Compare with similar items
Lifetime 60012 Extra Large Deck Box
Suncast DBW7300 Mocha Wicker Resin Deck Box, 73-Gallon
Suncast DBW9200 Mocha Resin Wicker Deck Box, 99-Gallon
Rubbermaid Deck Box with Seat, Extra Large, 120 Gal., 16 cu. ft., Olive Steel (FG5E3900OLVSS)
Suncast DB10300 Patio Storage Box
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||26.2 x 42.5 x 25.1 in||24 x 60 x 26.5 in||21.6 x 46 x 22.5 in||25.5 x 50.8 x 25.5 in||25.7 x 60 x 27.6 in||21 x 56.2 x 24 in|
|Size||Regular||130 Gallon||73 Gallon||99 Gallon||Extra Large||103-gallon|
The Rubbermaid Deck Box with Seat offers seating or serving space combined with storage. Featuring a Sandstone colored lid and floor and olive steel colored panels. New hinge design for improved accessibility and durability. This Rubbermaid deck box is lockable (lock not included). Rubbermaid deck boxes are maintenance-free and crack-resistant in cold temperatures.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) punch out plastic rectangles from base with flat screwdriver and hammer.
2) lid/hinge assembly requires two people and a narrow mallet. One person to hold lid up and open, second person, preferably strong, hammers pins with mallet. It is fairly frustrating and difficult or impossible to do alone. Pins will not go in if lid is shut, because they do not align well with holes unless lid is open.
I ordered two and had the same issue with both.
1) To cut the tabs out on the bottom piece, I used an exacto knife with a large blade. That went pretty easy, requiring only a little elbow grease here and there to cut through the plastic.
2) I noticed that some had tried to assemble this with the bottom piece wrong side up. The smooth side, without the deep troughs, is what goes up and faces the interior of the box. The deep troughs will face the outside/underside of the box. I think that is why some had problems with the stability of the box when they were done.
3) It's not all that clear where you are supposed to screw the straps in. But if you look closely, there are small indentations on both the cover and inside of the box where they go. The plastic is soft enough that you need not drill any pilot holes. Just start screwing right into the plastic where the indentations are.
4) The hardest part for me by far was attaching the cover. The head of a hammer is too big to go into the groove area where the head of the big hinge pin is. And I didn't have any wood to use as shown in the instructions. What I ended up doing is using a very heavy iron Fuller 10" pipe wrench to jam the pin into the hinge. The head of my pipe wrench is narrow enough to get into that groove so I could jam the pin in with short hard jabs.
I would buy this box again, despite the poor assembly instructions and assembly design. Once it's put together, it really is pretty sturdy and it looks like it will last a long time. It's also nice and roomy. I will be putting an outside furniture cover over the box to protect its contents from the elements.
Went together fairly easy, the fit leaves a lot to be desired. This box will not keep out spiders and other bugs. It will most likely keep out direct rain however moisture will probably be an issue.
I would not recommend this box for the price.
Cons: There seem to be quality-control issues, which is probably the main reason this deck box is getting such mixed reviews. Hubby is very handy at assembling things, and the first one was obviously defective. The second one was a lot better but there were still (much smaller) gaps but large enough to allow small critters and possibly rainwater inside. Amazon was great at replacing the first one pronto, with no shipping charges in any direction (Prime).
Tip: He used some silicone caulk to seal the gaps. Took him about 15 minutes plus the silicone two days to "cure". He used a type of caulk that does not produce toxic fumes and cleans up with water. Now the box is perfect for our needs. If you're not "handy" or don't want to take the chance of having to return a defective one like our first one, you might want to look elsewhere.
Otherwise, it's a fabulous patio accessory at a great price.