Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 179 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 204 reviews
on August 12, 2016
I bought this for my son who loves star wars. The first item I received arrived broken and fell apart when I opened the package. Amazon promptly sent us a new one. The second one was in pieces with the first 3 days that my son had it. Keep in mind he wasn't extremely hard on this light saber. He just played with it. The was no bashing, no battling... just a 3 year old fighting air. The plastic molding on the handle seemed to be glued on and was on of the first things to break. The lighted plastic part of the toy then followed suit and would come out of the handle. Multiple times a day my son would bring me pieces and say "Fix it, Mommy". I would not buy this product again, I would also not recommend it to anyone.

Note - we have bought the Bladebuilders Star Wars Episode 7 Jedi Master Lightsaber at Target for our 8 year oldand they have held up wonderfully for over a year with multiple battles..
on September 21, 2016
Good looking prop for Halloween, however the blade doesn't have a retainer like the darth vader model, so you can't wear on your belt as the blade falls out. I am using black tape on the end of it to hold blade in, when I take the kids trick or treating.
on January 25, 2017
Broken right out of the package. The ring that keeps the blue plastic blade inside the handle was not attached. It looks like the sonic welding they did failed during manufacture. We are going to buy some super glue and try to fix it if we can. This was upsetting as this was a Christmas gift for our son so that was disheartening when we opened it and it was already broken. It's not the sellers fault we don't have any gripes with them. We did not try to return it. Right now it's just set aside for now.
on June 23, 2017
I bought 5 of these to celebrate may 4th, Star Wars Day. Four of them worked, the fifth did not work no matter what we did with batteries. Of the four that worked, two broke by the end of the day. And we were not using them like swords...
on May 30, 2014
I purchased this with the intent my daughter would be able to play with her cousins. I looked for anything that would say it was not fit for play "fighting" and could not find it.
After it was in transit I finally found where it said, not for fighting. Okay, whatever. My bad.
The blade itself doesn't have anything to keep it in so if held upside down, it comes out, not good for a costume unless you want it out the whole time.
It did break after a week of her playing with it, but with two screws and some super glue I was able to remedy. The top shaft holding the blade in became loose and then broke off, but was an easy fix.
Batteries were killed alot quicker by the lightbulb, which honestly can't tell the difference unless it's fairly dark, than I thought it would be. Lots of little things.
I went out and bought her a knew one and probably won't buy from Rubies again.
on June 29, 2017
Bought for a prop, and barily stayed together for that. Fragile, and light is basically a "glow" that cannot be seen in lighted conditions.
on May 23, 2016
I bought this to go with an Obi Wan costume for a Star Wars themed birthday party. When I got it, the bottom of the lightsaber packaging was coming off of the cardboard backing and when I removed it from the packaging, a gold button fell off of it. Also, the blade is bent and it barely lights up. Plus, there is no way to stop the blade from coming out which is something most other sabers have. Don't bother with this one. Just buy one of the sabers from the local toy store.
on October 29, 2014
I purchased two of these light sabers. Based on previous comments, I was sure to let my boys know that they were not to be use for hitting things because they would break. One of the sabers appeared to be refurbished and the end broke off as though it had been glued back together. It was easily fixed (again) with glue. The second saber had a misfitting battery insert so the battery can't make the proper connection and the light does not work. These were inexpensive and I really just wanted them as a prop for their Halloween costumes, so they served their purpose for me. Obviously, it's disappointing to the kids when they don't work properly.
on August 4, 2017
Probably poor parenting buying it for a 2 year old but I still like it.
on October 28, 2015
This light saber is of very poor quality. We received it yesterday, and already it is broken. The handle fell off very early (without extensive or harsh use), and the top part of the light saber itself came out and lodged inside the other pieces. We managed to get it out and fix it, but we are hoping to get it replaced with a new (and hopefully better) one. In addition, the sword part comes out easily but is difficult to slide back in. Not happy with this product at all.