Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 86 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 93 reviews
on December 1, 2014
The length was great. Someone with longer legs would still fit well. The arms were baggy on me but the chest worked okay. I'm 6 foot and a 200lbs. This would fit someone better with a closer to a superhero body. I was happy with it.
on October 29, 2015
My husband loves it, he tried it on last night and started swooshing into the kids room. Lol I totally thought their was muscle padding but I guess it's just fabric with patterns. Luckily my husband works out and has the muscles to feel it in. I was searching the price and Amazon was the cheapest!

Sizing: He thought it was a little too lose but I think it'll fit him fine when he wears a shirt and Jean underneath.

He's about 5"7 170lb muscular.

Only con here is the feet covering is little on the smaller side.
review image
This is not just the first Rubie's costume I've purchased. It's the very first costume I've ever purchased (not counting standalone masks). So, I don't have any experience with costumes, and I can't tell how good this one is compared to other ones.

All I can do is say how good it is by itself. And it is very, VERY good. Great, even. That's how far I'm going, I hold on to the "amazing" rating because the costume has only one opening and it's in the back, so it doesn't have any pockets (and Superman-With-Fannypack is just not as much of a prize winner, though it will attract attention, if that's what you intend) and if you need to use the toilet you have to take the entire thing off (unless you have a discreet diaper, in which case, go for it).

But, of course, the price of the costume is low enough, so I can't really complain about those small issues. As for the looks, that's the best part. I'm not in particularly great shape. I have a slightly prominent belly and saggy biceps (I promise, I'll start exercising as soon as I move, I already have the Wii Fit!), but in this costume, I look like a SUPERHERO. I literally couldn't stop looking at myself at the mirror. I actually got the urge to go outside and punch some rocks, but fortunately, I didn't do it, because since this is the cheap version of the costume, it doesn't include superpowers (I presume the expensive version has them, because that thing is like 300 bucks).

The one thing to look out for in this costume is the size. When picking a costume like this, never choose the same size you'd choose for a t-shirt. Choose one less at least. Fit t-shirts for me are L. Comfortable ones are XL. The costume size I chose is M, and it fits me like a glove (if a glove was supposed to cover the entire body, in which case it wouldn't fit like a glove, but like a full body suit, so it's kind of a dumb analogy, why am I still writing it? Oh, my God, I'm still doing it! Help! Batman, help!).

Anyway, the only qualifiers necessary for a good costume is that it must look good and be comfortable. This costume meets and even exceeds both those expectations. I'm not going to lie to you: after Halloween I'm going to use it in non-costume-party situations. Heck, I might go to work with it under my clothes.
on October 25, 2014
We bought this because me, my girlfriend, her 5 month old son and my 7 year old daughter are all dressing up as superheroes. I am of course The Man Of Steel, Girlfriend is Robin and she purchased this dress and these stockings Rubie's Costume DC Comics Justice League Superhero Style Adult Dress ,Fashionmic Premium Heavy Weight Fleece Lined Legging - Many Color, then her son is going to be Batman so we got this onesie for him http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K8U5JIA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and my daughter is going to be Wonder Woman and we got her this outfit Rubies DC Super Heroes Collection Deluxe Wonder Woman Costume, Medium

So I of course felt I needed to be Superman. Read some mixed reviews on this but overall I am happy. The sleeves are a bit loose(pinned them tighter), the boot covers unfortunately dont fit my feet are a few inches to short(Just spray painted some old shoes the same color red), and the neg sags down a bit to low( Once you attach the cape you cant really tell). Cape is nice length and size and overall the outfit fits nice. I am 6"2 and about 245 and ordered the XL so for any of you needing help sizing.

Thanks for another great product amazon
Nicholas
Owner Of http://www.quizzyssoftware.com cheap software, hardware, nerd and geek gear
on October 10, 2015
Costume runs just a little large. Easily tailored and looks fantastic! Great costume for the price!
on October 12, 2014
The quality ois just ok, but it is way too big! I ordered the medium (smallest size made) I'm 5'10", 165lbs, muscular build. This thing fits me like a bath robe! the "belt" part sits down at my crotch instead of my waist. It's super baggy and the feet part is not very well made. You get what you pay for, but I'll be returning this asap! I ordered a different one made of actual spandex and I love that one!
on September 29, 2015
Excellent!
on November 8, 2015
This costume really is for anyone that is a true Superman fan. I noticed before I bought this, that many reviews on here seem to debate what size will actually fit a certain individual. I stand at 6 foot, 175 pounds and the medium-sized costume fit me perfectly. Nothing was too tight and if anything, a large size would have been too baggy. I received so many compliments about this costume and snapped several pictures with other superheros throughout the night and it was great. I do recommend buying the Rubie's Red Superman cape that does not come with this, as the cape that does come included is skimpy and just Velcro.
review image review image
on August 17, 2016
My husband got this fir a friend at work for they're promotional banquet and we told the friend they run large but he insisted on an xl. It if course was way too long for him but it worked out cause the costume fit another employee. This is why I always pay attention to customer reviews, maybe next time he'll listen.
on October 26, 2015
Based on the reviews, I bought a Large rather than XL (my normal shirt size). However, it was still insanely too large, particularly in the waist and legs. However, the color and details and quality look to be very good for the price. The boots are kind of weird shaped and I think would have worn quickly because the legs were so long. I did like the cape though.

It did ship very quickly -- ordered on Friday and received on Monday with Amazon free shipping. If I had more time to Halloween I might try altering it to fit but I'm returning it.