Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 28, 2011
My son is a larger 5 year old and normally wears size 6. After reading the reviews I decided to take a chance on this suit labeled size 8-10. When I got home from work he was wearing it and it fit him perfectly. The suit looks like the picture and is made of very thin fabric, which is typical for a costume int his price range. The head piece is only a face mask with a strap that goes around the back of his head to keep it in place. It looks decent and he says it is easy to see out of. The cape is the same material as the suit. I don't think it would last through more than a wash or two so after halloween it will hang on the wall with the few other costumes he likes to use for playtime. I bought the Star Wars Ultimate Darth Vader FX Lightsaber and the child size darth vador gloves to go with the costume and I must say that he looks really good in it. He is very happy with the look and so am I.
11 comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 25, 2012
I have spent A LOT on costumes in the past so even though this costume was on the lower end of quality, I was happy it will serve it's purpose for a much lower price tag than some costumes we've purchased, which were worn a few times...only. It's really just a so-so costume made from polyester with a chest plate and cheap mask, however, it was what my son wanted to be and I was happy with the price. In a nutshell....this little outfit will serve it's intended purpose and that's about it. If you want something much more durable then consider the "deluxe" versions of these costumes or go to your local Halloween Express or seasonal store for the $60 kind, but for us this one is perfectly fine. Safety pin some glow sticks to the back and put a few on his ankles and off we go! :)
on October 25, 2016
Gets the job done. But the mask if very uncomfortable, I had to improvise and tape gauze to the nose area on the inside because without it my son had deep grooves in his nose after trying it on. It also ran very small. My son is eight, and extremely thin, so it would work better on 6-7 age group.
review image
on May 13, 2013
My child is a size 8 and this fits perfectly with room to grow. Package says "size 8-10" and I believe that's accurate. I wonder if the other reviewers that complain about it being too small received the same size 8-10 that I did. The cape is thin fabric, which gives it a mystical translucent look. The suit is opaque black, the normal costume material for this price range, sturdy enough if you don't plan to run it through the washing machine too many times. The belt and control panel are nicely printed on the front of the suit, but are not 3D like the picture implies. The mask only covers the front part of the face, and has a velcro / elastic strap that holds well.
on November 26, 2016
I got the size medium for my 7 year old son. He wears a size 8 and this fit him perfectly. He loved the costume. He is thin and it had plenty of room to wear some thick clothes under his costume to keep him warm on Halloween.
on January 20, 2014
I purchased this costume for my son for Halloween. The costume did its job, lasted through many dress-up occassions following Halloween, provided many dress-up opportunities for my daughter after my son outgrew the costume and was finally sold at a garage sale. Recommend for any little Star Wars fan looking for a sturdy costume.
on September 2, 2016
This was a great costume my son wore it for ever and still plays with the mask. I would buy from this company again
on October 15, 2014
Horrible product. I only received a mask. The description specifically states mask, cape and body outfit. Believe me I triple checked the package and it only had a mask. Horrible day for my 6 year old, who was counting the days until his costume arrived. Not a good way to build costumer loyalty. Boo to you. Not cool at all. The sad thing was I couldn't even call anyone and tell them what happened. I have to write comments about it. Not a fan of this, I guess there is something to say for buying it in person. Lesson learned!
on December 28, 2011
I bought this for Halloween...again for my 6 year old boy! (He is so spoiled!!) He loved it and I even got him to say "I am your father" to almost every house he tricked and treated at! Durable material, face mask had clear plastic for the eyes which he easily saw through. I'd say...buy it for the kids even if just for their dress up box.
on December 11, 2012
Shipped to us fast which was good since the original costume we ordered was never shipped and we weren't told it wouldn't be a week before Halloween. All and all my son loved it, though this one wasn't as fancy as the original one we purchased.