Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 176 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 181 reviews
on December 10, 2014
This was the best costume! Great quality! My son looked very handsome in it, and I was so proud.
on September 13, 2015
Beyond Cute on my Little guy! We ordered the medium 8-10 size for my son. The fit was great for him. He wears a size 7 in normal clothes. This allows a bit of room for him to wear something underneath. The hat is a bit flimsy but that is great since he is only in kindergarten. The neck size was a bit small for the vest part. I am going to add a piece of material to loosen that up a bit for him. A great choice in Halloween costume!
on February 23, 2017
Costume is great quality (for a costume). Well made and looks are pictured. The hat is nothing to write home about, but I knew that based on previous reviews. We purchased a different hat for a president project at school. Seller shipped quickly per Amazon prime; costume was well-packaged.

The problem: The desciption for this particular item lists Large (8 to 10 years). My 9 year old is average size and was swimming in it. I looked at the packaging and it did, indeed, say 8 to 10 years, but it also noted that LARGE 12-14. Had I known it was a 12-14 size, I would never have ordered it, regardless of the age specification. If you purchase clothing for kids you know there's a difference between size 8-10, sz 10-12, sz 12-14. Size 8-10 might be on the small side; if it fits, there's no room to grow and probably won't allow much freedom of movement. Size 12-14 has plenty of room to grow, but unless it's a fitted or elasticized garment, it wouldn't do. For my 9 year old I've purchased size 10-12 that is slightly big, but not so big that it would sag or be too baggy to stay up. I'd never buy a size 12-14.

Had the size not been misleading in the description, I would have rated this 5-stars. The hat is workable, so I didn't deduct a star for it even though I purchased a more structured and better embellished version.
on January 11, 2012
This costume is very nice and relatively high quality for a mass-produced costume. The sizing was very accurate. The material is NOT the flimsy nylon that so many mass-produced costumes are made out of these days. It could actually pass for a costume in a school play. Keep in mind that probably the most important part of the costume is not included -- the wig. My only gripe about the costume is with seller. They stated in their item description, "Hat and boot tops included". Although the hat was included, the boot tops were not, and the packaging for the costume clearly states that it does NOT include the boot tops. I would advise anyone buying costumes from this company to somehow verify what is ACTUALLY included and what's not, because their item description is unreliable.
on June 18, 2016
The size was too small, I had to return it. The size said it was for 8-10, but in French it said 5-7. My son is an average 9 year old, so it should have fit him, but the sizes are truly small, stick to what the French sizes say, don't change it with a sticker on top with a higher size.
on March 13, 2017
We used this as an Alexander Hamilton costume, for my child who is obsessed with the musical (who am I kidding - our whole family is obsessed with it!).

My child wears a size 8-10 normally, and the 8-10 medium costume fit perfectly.

The costume was a bit wrinkled and the hat is pretty cheap, but I think it is a good costume for the price I paid. You will need your own boots.
on February 26, 2015
Rubie's description says there are boot covers but there aren't any in the package. Even the package itself does not mention boot covers. The hat was so crumpled up that it can't be shaped back into anything that looks like a hat. My son has a school event that popped up. This was our only chance at getting a costume on time. Unfortunately, he will not have a hat or boot covers because there is no time to order them again. We are very disappointed!
on October 24, 2016
This was WAY smaller than the measurements indicated for sizing so go way bigger! Also, The hat is pretty pathetic. Luckily my mother-in-law sent me my husband's childhood three quarter hat he bought at Gettysburg as a kid. But the costume itself is pretty decent for the price.
on January 28, 2014
I found this costume to run a little on the large side or maybe true to size. I ordered up a size, knowing that most costumes run small. This one did not! My son is 10, going to be 11 soon. I had to cut the pants because they were 12" too long and then I created an extra cuff in the sleeves and hot glued it. The ruffle was a little distorted but I hot glued two spots on that to make it lay better. I added gold trim around the lapel of the jacket and sewed on some big gold buttons to spruce it up a bit. Also, this comes very wrinkled in it's package. Not to worry! Spray some Downey Wrinkle Release on it and throw it in the dryer for a few minutes. Every wrinkle will come out.
on April 20, 2017
Nice quality, my son really enjoyed wearing this. It's not the cheap polyester that Halloween costumes are sometimes made from -- it's softer, fits well. Only negative is the hat - kind of floppy and unformed.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.