Ruby:journey To Lose 100 Pound
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Meet Ruby - Ruby Gettinger is a loveable 500-pound woman from Savanna, Georgia, who has fought obesity her entire life. In this one-hour introductory episode, her doctors tell her that she will die if she does not lose weight.
2. Romance for Ruby - After a six-year absence, Ruby's ex-boyfriend Denny Starr, returns to help with her diet. Ruby's friends, Georgia and Jeff, are skeptical.
3. Ruby Hits the Road - On a trip to Los Angeles to see friends, Ruby experiences the challenges of travel for a severely obese person, and reflects on motherhood and whether the opportunity for children has passed her by.
4. Ruby's Revelation - During a hectic and fun-filled week with a high school church buddy visiting from out of town, Ruby gets back on track and gets a special spiritual boost on her diet from the congregation of her church.
5. Real Women Have Curves - When Ruby's L.A. buddy, Brittany, comes to town, they try to give Ruby a new look, but can't find clothes. Ruby organizes a support group she calls "Women's Fat Night" and convinces a design team from her Savannah College of Art and Design to create Ruby's new look.
6. 100lbs. Of hope - Ruby convinces her roommate, Jeff, to take her and her best friend, Georgia, on an outdoor camping/fishing trip. With the help of her therapist, Ruby tries to confront some lost childhood memories.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Was disappointed it wasn't like the shows they had on Netflix. A lot of it is missing... but you get the point. She is very entertaining and funny. I wish she were still on...Published 17 months ago by Janet
People may find this show inspirational and heartfelt. I find it repugnant. The program was designed to make you feel sorry for Ruby, but I don't. Read morePublished 23 months ago by J.N.
Ruby's book was great. It gave me alot to think about...it's nice to know that someone else out there feels the same way I do.Published on July 28, 2010 by Amazon Customer