Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Prime Day Lead Up nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Get 4 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99. Prime member exclusive. New subscribers only. Just $7.99/month after. Terms apply. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $1.99 rentals for Prime members 1.99 rentals for Prime members 1.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Devices Starting at $29.99 All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer - Nintendo DS
Format: Video Game|Change

on March 22, 2011
I purchased this game because I love Christmas and Rudolph is one of my favorite Christmas characters. It got me into the holiday spirit and I played it every time I had a few minutes to spare.

The great thing about this game is you can read through the stories while playing the games and after you read each story the mini games open up so you don't need to read through the story to play each one again.

My nieces came over and they always check out any new games I have bought. My 5 year old niece put this in and played for hours. I let her borrow the game when she went home (this was the day after Christmas). It is now March and she is still playing the game. I asked it for it back last month but she asked for longer time because she was still playing it. This week I bought another copy of the game and told her to keep mine. You would have thought it was Christmas again the way her face lit up with that smile and I got a big hug!

For me this game is more about the nostalgia that comes along with it. It's just a simple game to sit down and enjoy with no frustrations. I'm glad my niece liked it as much (if not more) than me.
3 people found this helpful
on February 21, 2018
cute
on April 6, 2015
One of my kids favorite things is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, so I knew this game would be a hit! I wish you could do more things with Rudolph but it still gets played often!
on December 28, 2010
My 7 year old son got this game for Christmas.

The game is cute, but very basic. I would say it is more suited to a 4 or 5 year old's level of interest. However, there is a lot of on-screen reading to do to understand what the game wants the gamer to do. Maybe the game reads the text out loud, I do not know since my son had the sound off. But the dialog seems to be a large part of the "game" (story).

The game reminds me of an electronic sticker book. The images are all 2D. The characters slide around, there is no animation. Many of the mini-games involve sticking decorations on trees, houses, etc. The find Yukon's gold game is like a lottery scratch off card.

I don't think that my son will be playing this game much.
One person found this helpful
on January 8, 2014
I am glad I bought this game. It is fun. My son was really into Rudolph this year so it was the perfect gift. I did however notice they have it at 5 Below and wish I coulda seen that and saved a few bucks. :0) but its still worth a tad more.
on January 23, 2014
Kids like this game! Anything involving Christmas is fun for them. They do adore Rudolph and had lots of fun playing! Great for little ones! Easy enough for the little ones!
on December 7, 2011
I haven't actually played this game, but my 6 year old played it all the time last year. Now that he's 7 and it's Christmastime again, he's back to playing it a lot.

There's not too many holiday games and this one is worth the money.
on November 18, 2010
I pre-ordered Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (NDS) for my two sons, ages 4 and 8. We received it a few days ago and it has been a hit- especially with my 4 year old!

The games are simple, but entertaining and easy for young ones to understand. Even my 8 year old, who's favorite games include Lego Star Wars and Transformers, has spent a good amount of time playing Rudolph. (And I must admit, I sat down to check the game out and ended up spending 2 hours playing... and that was with most of the mini games still locked!)

If you want a challenging game, this is not it. If you want a simple, nostalgic game where you and your kids can gather around a DS and take turns making snowmen and decorating Christmas scenes, catching toys in Santa's bag and helping Rudolph leap from roof to roof delivering gifts, I would definately recommend Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!
8 people found this helpful
on August 21, 2014
Over rated toy. Daughter played with it for couple minutes. Cheap game.
on August 4, 2011
I bought this for my 4 year old daughter who just started playing the ds. She has been playing almost non stop. She loves it. There are lots of mini games for her to play. She has shown me puzzles and making a snow man and all the characters from the tv show are here. This game would probably be boring for an older child, but lots of fun for the little ones.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question