Ruffwear - Front Range All-Day Adventure Harness for Dogs
|Price:||$21.97 + $7.95 shipping|
- EVERYDAY HARNESS WITH A CUSTOMIZABLE FIT: The Front Range is an everyday harness that is is easy to put on and comfortable for dogs to wear. It offers 4 points of adjustment that allow you to create a customizable fit specifically for your dog, allowing for full range of motion.
- PADDED CHEST AND BELLY PANEL: The Front Range features padded chest and belly panels for good load dispersion to ensure that your dog is comfortable when wearing the harness, whether for a short or an extended length of time.
- SECURE LEASH ATTACHMENT POINTS: The Front Range offers two secure leash attachment points: an aluminum V-ring on the dog's back for everyday walks and reinforced webbing on the dog's chest for training or additional control.
- REFLECTIVE TRIM AND ID POCKET: The Front Range features reflective trim that allows you to keep an eye on your dog, even in low-light visibility environments. The harness also includes a handy ID Pocket to store your dog tags, allowing you to keep them quiet yet easily accessible.
- FRONT RANGE SIZING: The Front Range Harness is available in 5 sizes (see images for sizing chart): XX-Small: 13-17 inches (33-43 cm); X-Small: 17-22 inches (43-56 cm); Small: 22-27 inches (56-69 cm); Medium: 27-32 inches (69-81 cm); Large/X-Large: 32-42 inches (81-107 cm). Choose the right size based on your dogs girth. Girth can be determined by measuring around the widest part of the rib cage. For in between sizes, choose the largest size.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Front Range Harness
All-Day Adventure Harness
The Ruffwear Front Range Harness is an everyday harness that is easy to put on and comfortable for dogs to wear. The harness features two leash attachment points: an aluminum V-ring centered on the dog's back for everyday walks, and reinforced webbing at the dog's chest for training or additional control. ID pocket keeps dog tags quiet and easily accessible.
Ruffwear's mission is to build dog gear to enhance and inspire exploration for outdoor adventurers and their human companions.
Because we're inspired by our outdoor pursuits– backpacking, skiing, river running, mountain biking – it's natural for us to utilize fabrics, hardware, materials and construction processes that have been proven in the environment we live for and play in. Our dogs (as well as inspired individuals, just like you, with 'professional' canine testers) put our products through the paces, providing valuable feedback that motivates and drives Ruffwear's continuous product development.
At the end of the day, we believe it is the amazing connection with our dogs, and their ability to motivate us to get out and explore, that makes all the hard work worth the effort. Dogs encourage us to follow our nose just to see where the experience takes us. They improve our health, our lives, and our outlook… and ask for little in return. Combine a dog's appetite for exploration with the right equipment and you'll be prepared for yet another grand adventure.
- Comfortable, everyday harness that is easy to fit and put on
- Customizable fit with four points of adjustment allow for full range of motion
- Padded chest and belly panel for good load dispersion and comfortable, extended wear
- Two-leash attachment points: aluminum V-ring on the dog's back, and reinforced webbing on the dog's chest
- ID pocket stores dog tags
- Low-light visibility with reflective trim
- Available in 4 colors and 5 sizes
Comfortable Everyday Harness
The Front Range is an everyday harness that is is easy to put on and comfortable for dogs to wear. It offers 4 points of adjustment that allow you to create a customizable fit specifically for your dog, allowing for full range of motion.
Comfortable Everyday Harness
Padded Chest and Belly Panels
Secure Leash Attachments
Reflective Trim and ID Pocket
The Ruffwear Front Range Harness is an everyday harness that is easy to put on and comfortable for dogs to wear. The harness features two leash attachment points: an aluminum V-ring centered on the dog's back for everyday walks, and reinforced webbing at the dog's chest for training or additional control. ID pocket keeps dog tags quiet and easily accessible. The Front Range Harness is available in 5 sizes. Select the correct size based on your dog's girth (measurement around the widest part of the rib cage). For in between sizes, choose the largest size. XX-Small: 13-17 inches (33-43 cm); X-Small: 17-22 inches (43-56cm); Small: 22-27 inches (56-69 cm); Medium: 27-32 inches (69-81 cm); Large/X-Large: 32-42 inches (81-107 cm). Washing Instructions: Secure the fasteners; Hand wash with mild detergent; Air dry.
Size: Large/X-Large | Color: Alpenglow Pink
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare with similar items
LupinePet Originals 3/4" Tail Feathers 12-20" Adjustable Roman Dog Harness for Small Dogs
Best Front Range No-Pull Dog Harness. 3M Reflective Outdoor Adventure Pet Vest with Handle. 3 Stylish Colors and 5 Sizes.
Kurgo Tru-Fit No Pull Dog Harness and Easy Dog Walking Harness with Pet Seatbelt Tether for Car, Black, Medium
|Shipping||$7.95||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Alpenglow Pink||Green, Blue||Orange||Black|
|Size||Large/X-Large||3/4"W; 12-20" Girth||Large||Medium|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The harness is incredibly well made like all of their products. It has a super cool pocket to hook an ID tag to and hide it so it does not make any noise. The edges are soft and comfortable and adjustment was fairly easy. Everything about this harness is top notch quality.
I am knocking this product one star because even though I fitted my dog correctly per the chart, the harness is not long enough for him to wear without chafing him. it sits right over his withers and actually looked a bit uncomfortable as he walked. I also worry about the pressure put on the shoulder blades. The chest plate came too far up on his throat also. While he does not pull, this could cause damage in the event that he did pull, or lunge at something furry on the trail..
Incredibly well made, but watch the sizing. Like I said, my dog wear a medium in other Ruffwear styles, but in this harness, it was too small/short for him even though I still had plenty of length left in the straps.
When I measured my pom-mix, he was 2" below the maximum chest/waist width for the XXS. It came today and is a beautiful harness. I love the bright orange which would make him stand out if we are in the woods or walking along the road (it is *very* reflective).
The front attachment is not obtrusive. Part of how Ruffwear pulls it off was making it from a nylon strap that is reinforced with some kind of heavy rubber. I am not sure if this is just on the small dog harnesses, but if I had a stronger breed--like a pit bull--I may be reserved about using it until I test it thoroughly. The back lead attachment is the standard Ruffwear metal loop stitched into the nylon which is very tough.
The ID pocket is a great idea. However, I think they make it a little too hidden. It took me a moment to figure out how to even open it, and the ID label is tiny. I will put one in, but will probably continue to use collars for ID. :)
The last issue (the most important) was how it fit my pup. I had to jam him into this first harness (XXS). It fit like a weenie skin. With the buckles all the way loosened, it was still very snug and the back seemed to bunch to the front--which probably wouldn't happen if it was bigger/longer.
So, I ordered the next size up (XS) and hope it fits better. I will add to this review when I try it out in a couple days--hopefully on an actual walk.
12/13/14 - The XS (next size up) came yesterday. The waist straps fit very well, and the overall length is perfect (no bunching). The straps around the head/shoulders are a bit loose--even on the tightest setting. However, my dog is perfectly comfortable and contained in his new harness. It also looks quite handsome on him.
We've walked 6 miles altogether. The front lead has been most excellent for keeping him at my side. When I walked him using the back attachment, he pulled but did not appear to have any issues with the harness putting pressure on his throat. Even though the front comes up higher than some harnesses, it appears the pressure is really just on the dog's shoulder and back.
We haven't run yet with it, but I have a feeling it won't be a problem. It appears more comfortable on him than a mesh no-choke harness we used. He seems much calmer on our walks an--for the first time--enjoys being "suited up."
An excellent harness, but definitely try it out in a store first or buy online from a store that offers free returns as it may not fit every canine body type or take a couple tries to find the right size (even with measurements).
1/8/15 - Still loving the harness! If it hadn't been for the sizing issue I'd give it 5 stars. Our little guy looks so handsome in it and is quite comfortable. Walking and running him in it has been great! Thinking of getting one for our border whippet.
Most recent customer reviews
Bonus points for...Read more