Ruffwear - Roamer Hand-Held or Waist-Worn Extending Dog Leash
|Price:||$34.95 + $6.55 shipping|
- WAVELENGTH STRETCH WEBBING: The Roamer's Wavelength Webbing allows the leash to stretch as your dog roams and explores their surroundings. It is designed to give your dog additional freedom while allowing you to maintain control.
- EASY ATTACHMENT: The Roamer's ergonomically-designed Talon Clip is strong, secure and designed for quick and easy one-handed attachment.
- HAND-HELD OR WAIST-WORN: The adjustable padded handle with an aluminum Talon Hook makes it easy for you to use it as you see fit. It can be hand-held, waist-worn, or secured around a tree or a post for stops.
- CONVENIENT ACCESSORY LOOP: The Roamer Leash includes an accessory loop that allows you to conveniently carry pickup bags or other small clip-on items you may need when out and about with your dog.
- TRAFFIC HANDLE: The Roamer Leash includes a traffic handle that offers quick restraint when you and your dog are in an environment where you need to keep them close.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Ruffwear Roamer is an adjustable stretch-webbing leash that can be hand-held or worn around the waist for a dynamic hands-free leash experience. Wavelength™ stretch webbing keeps humans and canines connected while allowing an extended range for roaming and exploring. The user-friendly side release buckle, reinforced with an aluminum Uniloop, provides exceptional strength, while Ruffwear’s unique Talon Clip offers a strong and secure leash-to-collar attachment. Available in two sizes: 7.3 ft (2.2m), stretches to 11 ft (3.4m); 5.5 ft (1.7m), stretches to 7 ft (2.1m). Washing Instructions: Hand wash with mild detergent; Air dry.
Size: Large (7.3 - 11 ft) | Color: Obsidian Black (2017)
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare to similar items
This item Ruffwear - Roamer Hand-Held or Waist-Worn Extending Dog Leash, Obsidian Black (2017), Large
|Shipping||$6.55||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$7.95||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Obsidian Black (2017)||Obsidian Black||Twilight Gray||Obsidian Black||Granite Gray||Blue Spring|
|Size||Large (7.3 - 11 ft)||Large||One Size||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
Top customer reviews
I've bought two of these over the past 2 years. My sighthound puppy pulled the first one and stretched out the bungee part. The second one she's doing much better on, but she also doesn't need a lot of correction anymore.
What I like:
Nice length - it's hard to find a leash that gives a good distance. With the stretch this lets your dog stop and sniff a bit longer and the bungee gives a subtle tug of "let's go."
Padded handle - this is just comfortable
Can be used around waist - haven't really done this, but my older mother has when walking my dog. It shortens the length, but it's a nice hand's free option.
What I don't like:
No way to tie out with this like at a restaurant or park - a snap option would be nice. This would also make using the hand's free option easier since now you have to make it bigger, step into it and cinch it.
No place to attach a poop bag or any kind of anything
Pinch clasp can be a nuisance - if you're trying to get this on and off quickly this clasp can work against you
My primary issue is that the elastic material is weak and not durable. It's not really a problem if your dog pulls steadily, but if he is like mine and sprints from one side to the other until the leash is taught, the elastic WILL rip, ruining the bungee function of the leash.
That aside, here are some other pros and cons. First, the material seems to be pretty durable, and can withstand some chewing from time to time. The ability to adjust the handle and wrap it around your waist is a bonus; even with the medium length wrapped around my waist, I had adequate distance between my dog and myself while jogging to remain fairly comfortable. For dedicated joggers, I think the large length is probably preferable. Unfastening the talon hook can be a pain at times, especially your dog pulling at the leash. However, the advantage is that the hook can slide around on the leash and thus can slide around your waist while running. The handle itself is padded and pretty comfortable, but while holding the leash on walks I've run into some minor inconveniences. Since the medium leash stretches up to 7 ft, it can be a little difficult to control your dog if he pulls. I usually found myself using my other hand to hold the extra leash like a vacuum cord. This wouldn't be much of a problem, but since the leash is made of a flat webbing material, it is pretty difficult to hold onto and can easily be yanked through your hands by an eager dog. Paired with the rough texture of the leash, this means if your dog sprints after a rabbit and the leash zips through your hands, you can be left with some burns or at least some irritated hands. Lastly, the claw hook that the leash uses for attachment looks like a solid design to me and I haven't had any problems.
In conclusion, I would say it's an above average, versatile leash with cool features, but it does not perform exceptionally in any of its duties and is expensive.
I got this to replace a broken leash. I wanted something that would restrict my energetic dog a little, but also give him a little flex.
This thing is great! It really fits the bill perfectly for a dog that pulls really hard.
- around the waist, your dog won't be pulling your arms off!
- great for hiking
- adjust quickly and easily (can easily be used on wrist or waist)
- Flexes the perfect amount (about 2ft)
- the clip for the collar is very nice
- the adjustable part doesn't detach in any way (although it still is pretty quick to adjust and this actually makes it stronger)
Most recent customer reviews
the metal part flu away and i couldn't find it and i was left with the...Read more