Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Ruffwear Brush Guard
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- PROTECT YOUR PUP: The Brush Guard is an add-on to Ruffwear harnesses and packs that protects your dog against abrasion from foxtails, stickers, and snow and ice buildup.
- A HELPING HAND: This add-on offers additional support when lifting and assisting your dog on adventures. It also helps further stabilize their pack or harness.
- COMPATIBILITY: The Brush Guard can be added onto Ruffwear's Web Master Harness, Web Master Pro Harness, Approach Pack, Palisades Pack, and Singletrak Pack. Select the same size as your current harness or pack.
- DESIGNED FOR DOGS: The Brush Guard offers additional chest and belly coverage while still allowing for a full range of motion. The hook-and-loop attachments make it easy to add and remove from your Ruffwear harness or pack.
- BUILT TO LAST: The three-layer construction provides protection, dispersion, and stability that's sure to last for many seasons of adventures.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Ruffwear Brush Guard is an add-on to Ruffwear harnesses, offering three distinct purposes: it provides chest and belly protection from abrasion, adds additional support when lifting and assisting dogs, and further stabilizes packs and harnesses. The Brush Guard offers additional chest and belly protection and abrasion resistance from stubble, brambles, and rough terrain. It also disperses the weight of dogs in harness, providing additional comfort when lifted. The addition of our Brush Guard adds stability to our packs and harnesses, further minimizing shifting. The Brush Guard is available in 4 sizes. Select the correct size based on your dog's girth (measurement around the widest part of the rib cage). X-Small: 17-22 inches (43-56cm); Small: 22-27 inches (56-69 cm); Medium: 27-32 inches (69-81 cm); Large/X-Large: 32-42 inches (81-107 cm). Washing Instructions: Secure the fasteners; Hand wash with mild detergent; Air dry.
Size: Small | Color: Twilight Gray
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerActual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using the product.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We bought the harness and the brush guard on the suggestion of the Tripaw website a few weeks before we took our dog in to have her front leg removed due to cancer. She's a 3.5 year old yellow lab who weighs about 70 lbs. The harness worked great by itself, but the brush guard did three important things:
1. It created softer edges for the harness straps around the shoulder joint so that nothing was rubbing harshly on the new incision. The incisions were all completely protected from the harness, even after the initial dressing was removed by the vet.
2. It spread the distribution of weight when we picked the dog up. For the first few days after her surgery, we had to provide the vast majority of lift for her to go up and down the stairs to the outside grass. The brushguard spread the points of pressure on the dog's chest and belly more than the harness would have by itself, making the entire process easier and safer for everyone involved.
3. As the dog recovered, the brush guard the chest and belly areas that had been shaved for the surgery. Without it, she certainly would have gotten scratched up, either by her own itching or by rolling around on the yard. It did a very good job protecting the incision and the surrounding area during the weeks following the surgery.
The dog has completely recovered now, but we're still using the harness and brushguard since the dog seems comfortable with it and it provides a barrier to some of the gunk she finds to roll in. (Easier to rinse off the harness and brushguard than the dog.) For anyone facing the prospect of having a tripod, this and the Ruffwear harness should be considered must-have equipment.