Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.98 shipping
UST Saber Cut Wire Saw, Silver
|Price:||$2.48 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$1.77 (42%)|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 23" stainless steel multi-strand cutting wire
- Swivel points for easy handling
- Cuts through logs and branches with ease
- Ideal for a number of survival uses
- Lightweight and coils to fit in small pockets
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The UST Saber Cut Wire Saw is lightweight and coils to fit in small packets. It has swivel points for easy handling and makes cutting through logs and branches a snap. It's ideal for a number of survival uses.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) You want to find two sticks that fit through the rings so that you can hold the sticks and rings together like a handle (much easier) over time.
2) You want to keep the chain as straight as possible and the best way to do this is to draw the chain up like you are firing a bow and arrow and lean into the tree you are trying to cut and moving/rocking back and forth at the waist to make the cut.
3) You can also get a green stick 5 to 6 inches longer than the wire saw and cut slots in both ends of the stick with a knife to make a "bow saw". Fit the rings in the slot in the stick and bend the stick like a bow to fit the other end in the same way. The tension will keep the chain straight and make a useful saw tool. You can secure these ring ends better by wrapping some para cord around the ends of the stick.
Google how to use a wire saw for more info...
It's not the best wire saw money can buy, but for $2.00 it is a decent deal. If the rings break, get creative and work it out. :)
Ultimate Survival Technologies Saber Cut Wire Saw, Silver
So I gave him his and I put the other in the box of stuff for backpacking.
It is well made the rings are sturdy the wire is heavy duty and you could easily put a rope on it to take down an overhead branch that doesn't look sturdy but it always over the nicest place to set up camp.