Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 5, 2015
I was expecting a paper back with a normal spine, but this is actually a spiral bound book. I consider the spiral bound much easier to use because it takes up less desk space. :) The layout Diana Hacker chose to use is useful, but I've found some issues in finding specific material for citing sources using the index to navigate the book. Once I did find the correct information, it was of understandable quality.

Negatives: Challenging (But not impossible) to find specific information within a section.

Positives: Spiral Bound
Good quality of information
on September 1, 2015
This actually isn't all that bad though even with it being a handy resource I still do not utilize it properly. It is basically a handbook and means well, I say go for it if you are serious about writing and are just starting or have a class that requires this text. Amazon had this new for the price of a soggy, water-damaged, smelly, stained, used one at my college.
on February 8, 2018
Outstanding reference for writers and editors. Concise descriptions and practice exercises make this an invaluable resource. Worth every penny!
on April 21, 2014
This book is full of so much useful information you may need when going to school (I use it in my college English classes). Everything from proper MLA citations, to detailed examples and explanations of parts of speech, etc. Easy to maneuver through the book and find what you are looking for.

DEFINITELY RECOMMEND (make sure it is the current version though as MLA changes over years)

If anything changes, I will update this review.
on July 14, 2017
I found this book better than a lot of English books on rules for grammars, punctuation and writing mechanics that I have read before. Vey easy to follow and answered all my questions.
on January 8, 2018
Arrived in perfect condition, was cheaper than brand new and was exactly what I needed for my course
on April 26, 2017
Rented this book for a English course. Very good book for students and teachers. One problem with the book is pages 405-420 are up side down, but everything else is fine. Great book!
review imagereview imagereview image
on October 25, 2014
LOVE LOVE LOVE this book. such a great resource honestly. There is so much information in this book that tells you everything you need to know on how to write the best paper. I learned a lot from this book very powerful. I use it on a daily basis to gather information on how to cite sources in works cited and in context of papers. great book.
on September 11, 2017
This book is really good and informational, especially if you are taking various writing classes.
on November 8, 2013
I was required to have this book for both Writing in the Liberal Arts classes when I first started college. I was eager to sell it after the courses was over. Big mistake. I have since then purchased another copy, and plan on keeping it forever. This book serves as a refresher course for students who have taken any English class, and will help them to write better.

Used and older books of this copy are just fine if you are skeptical about paying $40.00 for a brand new copy. Just be aware that there are important revisions, and you should find out what they are.