BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 2, 2015
All of the negative reviews seem to be coming from Carnival cruisers. Carnival is arguably the worst major cruise line out there. The fact that they are so militant about searching bags for “illegal booze” just adds to how bad they are.

I had no issues getting these on board during my latest cruise. I will note that cruise lines are getting smarter by being stingy with giving out juice/soda/etc and forcing people into buying expensive drink packages. Royal Caribbean is really bad about this and only gives out lemonade and iced tea during mealtimes.

I also had the opportunity to see how these looked when going through a scanner at an airport. They are completely invisible!

See my photo for the proof that these work.
review image
on June 18, 2012
We just got back from a cruise on Carnival Glory. We had no problem getting the liquor filled rum runners on board. I carried one with me in a my shorts pocket (8oz) and packed the other three (two 32oz, one 8oz) in our suitcases (placed in ziplock bags for extra drip proof). One bag did drip a few oz but I believe the cap wasn't secured properly. I highly recommend the ziplocks for extra protection. I placed the rum runners within my clothes (folded capri pants and tucked the rum runner inside the folded area). To be perfectly honest, we only drank one 8oz rum runner because we were not in the room that often and I didn't feel like carrying the liquor filled bag around with me. We had friends with us who did not buy the bladders but instead brought liquor in plastic liqour bottles and they got through just fine also. I do recommend the rum runners because they could be used in many different places; ie: concerts, college football games, etc.
on March 28, 2011
We recently returned from a cruise with two other couples. Each of us invested in Rum Runner kits. The cruise industry is very strict on their carry on liquor policy. One 750 ml bottle of wine per adult. With the cost of each drink and gratuity nearly $8.50, this was the perfect investment to keep the cost of our cruise in check and still enjoy ourselves. I have heard of people using mouthwash bottle and shampoo bottles to circumvent the cruise line security, but then you run the risk of have the aftertaste of the bottle used. With the Rum Runners, all six of us loaded our Rum Runner kits and packed the baggy bottles in our suitcases. These bags are as durable as Camelbak bladders and the screw on cap provides peace of mind. Now none of us had to use an airlines, but we had our luggage packed down pretty tight and we had zero incidents and all of our Rum Runners made it aboard. Our overall investment was the Rum Runner kits (3), $300.00 in liquor and the unlimited soda card onboard w/cup ($55.00) each for a 7 day cruise, which can be purchased upon boarding. The 8 oz. flask is perfect for cruising the decks and refilling and mixing your bottomless soda as needed. I will not cruise in the future without my Rum Runners.
on November 19, 2015
We have purchased these several times for our trips. They are perfect to travel with in your suitcase and very sturdy. If you follow the directions, they do not break. Don't purchase any other brand though because they will break.
on June 21, 2013
Ok wife and I went on a carnival dream cruise and well they work! Follow the included directions and you should be good to go! Everything we tried to get on got on. It was nice to be able to have our favorite cocktails in our room made the way we like. Still spent allot up on deck (love the tropical drinks in the sun) But man these bags work!!!. Highly recommended!
on April 13, 2012
This was a gift for my Dad and he loved them. He is the type of guy that has everything and when I found these, I said these are perfect, now lets just hope he didn't have them already. Well he didn't have them already and he was excited to use them. I am not personally using them them so I cannot review the product itself but the delivery was prompt and and had the care instructions and a business card. These were really nee touches to me.
on May 1, 2013
Went on a Carnival cruise April 2013. 4 people in our group and we each put 1 big bag with a fifth of alcohol in our suitcase. Worked like a charm. One of my friends even carried the smaller pouches in his pockets through security. Just don't forget the funnel and you can fill up the little ones to take out on the deck so you don't have to keep going back to the room!
on December 15, 2014
Got nearly 4 handles on our Norwegian cruise thanks to these little helpers (during Spring Break season too), and will definitely be saving them for future trips. Put the little ones in my pockets, and spread out the larger ones between luggage. I had friends try water bottles and mouthwash containers, and every single one of them got their stash taken away. Saved me and my girlfriend close to $400 in drinks if not more. Plus if you don't drink it all, other cruisers are more than willing to take them off your hands for a nice price.

NOTE: Be sure to follow the directions carefully to ensure all bubbles are out of the container.
on July 16, 2012
We took this kit with us on a 5 day cruise we took this summer and i must say that it worked as advertised... now, if thats because the cruise line is too busy loading 3000+ peoples luggage, or they really are invisible to x-ray, i cant tell, but all units made it on board. I'm very happy with the money it saved me. They seem pretty durable and are easy to use and clean, so i plan to use them for a while.
on April 27, 2015
I made it through with 3 32oz, 2 16oz, and one 8oz, along with shambooze bottles in my checked bag. Easy.