Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
on June 6, 2017
Tilly and jack's story was romantic, it would be better to read more about them but half of the book revolves on the people around them and their own love story.. from tillys best friend erin, her bosses wife kaye and so on cutting the story about tilly and jack short.
on February 20, 2013
Tilly came home one day to find that her live-in boyfriend had up and left. On a weekend visit to see her best friend Erin, and try to collect herself, Tilly sees an advertisement in a local paper for a "Girl Friday" job and decided to investigate.

Tilly lands the job, and moves in with the new family; a gay man (Max) and his teen aged daughter. Moving from London to a small town is a bit of a shock, and it doesn't help that Max is best friends with Jack Lucas, the best looking man in town with the worst reputation. Tilly can't help but be attracted to Jack, and the more time she spends with him the less the rumors about him make sense.

Meanwhile Tilly's best friend Erin has finally found the love of her life, too bad he's the soon-to-be ex-husband of the town shrew who won't leave Erin alone.

These plots, and a lot more, happen throughout this novel. It's a decently long book (over 400 pages), and I think it could have done well to be broken up in two or three companion novels. All of the characters were likable though, and the book was very enjoyable. There was romance, but nothing too explicit (no bodice ripping, yay!) and a lot of humor. This book reminded me a lot of Meg Cabot's boy series. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book, and I am looking forward to reading more from the author.
on April 10, 2016
Contemporary romance for intelligent people.
I was looking for a fun read for so long, I don't know why many authors assume that contemporary romance/chick lit means the reader is lazy and wants all charachters to have purples eyes and get it on in the first few pages.

Well done!
on October 7, 2012
The romantic trials of two friends: Erin, whose new boyfriend's soon-to-be ex-wife is determined to ruin her, and Tilly, who falls for a gorgeous man with a Don Juan reputation.

Somewhat odd sequence of events with a weak start. The awful characters like Stella were offset by the likable characters such as Max and Lou. And, unlike most chick lit, there were some events that I absolutely did not see coming. I wished that Erin wasn't quite so wimpy, but most of the book held my attention.
on November 11, 2011
I really enjoy Jill Mansell's writing. She brings in not just one heroine and one hero, but a full cast of characters who are diverse, witty, and up for a hilarious romp and her stories are rich with the side stories of all her characters. This story was no exception and I appreciated all these aspects of Rumor Has It and highly recommend it as a fun, light read with a strong English flavor. My favorite part was when the auntie brought out tea with grapes floating in it - hilarious for anyone but particularly for us Brits who do like our tea!
on August 19, 2014
I love Jill Mansell's novels. The last ten pages of this book have to be one of the cutest endings to a book I've ever read! One of her best novels that I've read so far. If you love the style of writing like Sophie Kinsella and Cecelia Ahern you'll love Jill Mansell. Why she's not more well known in America I'll never understand.
on January 27, 2017
Love love love. This is the first book in a long time that I couldn't wait to pick back up. Loved it.
on December 23, 2013
I've read most of her books now. I think this was the second one I read and it remains a favorite. What she does better than most is bring a lot of different story lines into a coherent narrative, and make me want to go live in this adorable sounding little village in England. You get such a sense of community reading her books.
on February 11, 2014
This is a great novel by Mansell. I enjoy all her stories, and this didn't fail to amuse me, while still bringing great characters to the table. I think character development is one of the greatest aspects of any book, and as usual, Mansell develops her characters as flawed individuals to whom everyone can relate.
on July 16, 2016
I have read this book 3 times and I love it just as much as I did he first time.