Run To Me Kindle Edition
Never miss a new release from Robert Dugoni
Follow Robert Dugoni for new book notifications, email exclusives and more. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When I saw this on Net Galley I requested to read and review it from Random House Australia.
If you look at the book cover, its very inviting, so this caught my eye first. I hadn't heard of Diane Hester.
I began to read the book, it opens with a Prologue. After reading that, I was literally gasping. In my mind I am screaming WHAT! WHAT! bloody hell.
Then the story begins. Each page drew me in.
While I took a break from reading to check emails, I thought I would seek out Diane Hester and see what other books she has. SHE HASN'T! can you believe this is her FIRST book??!! I can't believe it, its so professional, a best seller up there in the Thriller content in my view point anyway.
I am still reeling from the shock after finishing this book that its so dam good.
No wonder Random House has her contracted, is all I can say!
This is a writer I am going to stalk. I can't wait for her next book.
I do love a good well written psychological Thriller, one that keeps me guessing, one that keeps me on the edge of my seat, one that makes me want to do nothing else except READ until the END.
As you can see, I haven't told you much about the storyline, read the blurb, if that doesn't draw you in, then buy the book. You won't be disappointed.
I would like to thank Random House Australia and the author for allowing me to read a complimentary copy of this wonderful thriller.
1) for a doctor, Chase displays zero common sense and logic; he saw the destruction and dead bodies at Shyler's cabin yet just because she says so, he doesn't call the police?! For all he knows, she killed the men in cold blood, but he still doesn't involve the authorities; He was dissuaded from calling law enforcement because he was developing feelings for her, so I guess it's true that it always pays to have a pretty face
2) the doctor's house is big enough to have a bedroom for himself, his father, and two guests? Firstly, why would the doctor get such a big house when it's just the two of them living there, and secondly, would that remote area of Maine really have big houses, rather than just small cabins (like Shyler's place)
3) I need to read up on dissociative disorder because I don't understand how Shyler could have enough awareness to recognize bad men are after her, AND set a trap for them, yet be so far gone mentally that she really and truly thinks Zack is her son
4) Corey - the boy who went to the hospital. So his condition was bad enough to require a hospital stay but when Vanessa came to kidnap him – a boy who wasn't completely healed yet, mind you – she hides him away but his medical condition doesn't worsen. SPOILER but at the end of the book, he lives
5) another instance of this supposedly “smart” doctor is when he drops his phone in response to Shyler's scream. Who does that? Isn't it more instinctive to clutch the phone and run with your hands curled into fists?
6) After resisting for so long (and even threatening violence if the police were called), Shyler unstintingly takes the phone and talks to the police after the climatic events at the abandoned mill. Convenient much?
It's for these reasons that I have to give this 2.5 stars. OK, I can stretch it to 2.75 even. This is why:
Diane Hester tells a good tale. Her novel is fast-paced and thrilling. Her style of writing is fluid and easy to read. In fact, I finished it in one day. If I could ignore the plot holes/inconsistencies, this would be a 3.5 star book for me.
Something the publishers needed to fix was the alternate spelling of tires (it was tyres) and calling a cell phone a mobile. I realize the author now lives in Australia, but since the setting of the novel is Maine, USA and the characters are presumably American, it took me out of the book when I came across these words since they aren't typical Americanisms.
But, speaking of Maine, I loved the creepy atmospherics of the setting. Deep, rural Maine just worked so well as a setting for the novel, so I must applaud the author here.
Finally, ah yes, the ending is just as sweet and saccharine as you'd imagine. (It is wonderful though that Zack got his HEA since he was my favorite character)
In all seriousness I am not a big reader and I was recommended that I give this book a go by my Aunty, only took a little encouragement and I thought 'yeah righto why not!'
I absolutely loved this book throughout reading it! I am someone who is also not the fastest reader, and usually only capable reading 2/3 chapters before I 'get bored', or I'm having put books down due to my constant wandering mind and I'm no longer reading the words in front of me so there is 'no point'. This fact alone I believe is most likely the reason I don't persist with reading books as I struggle to switch off and concentrate only on what I am reading and not what is happening in my life. I'll usually make the little promise 'I'll come back to it in a few days time '.. and honestly speaking returning to the book generally doesn't happen! It simply gets filed in the 'cant be bothered', 'bugger it' box!
Well not in this case with 'Run To Me' by Diane Hester. This book certainly kept my wandering mind completely at bay as I was totally fixated in the story. In-fact, when I wasn't reading it I was thinking about it, wanting to get back to reading it when I got the chance!
A truly great read for I believe all kinds of readers (and non-readers,) and of-course for all who enjoy thriller and suspense novels. Well done Diane! I will certainly be on the look out for future publications as your writing style is just brilliant. Run To Me - A MUST read!
Most recent customer reviews
The cover of the book is captivating and an attention grabber. Once you start reading you are just captivated from start to end.Read more