Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

VINE VOICEon July 15, 2016
I saw this in the theater when it first came out and I enjoyed it. When I saw it was available to download on Amazon Prime I decided to watch it again. I'm so glad I did. Not only did I find it funny, full of interesting characters and visually attractive, as I did the first time, but I also detected a depth to the plot and the characters that had eluded me before. I loved seeing it again!
7 people found this helpful
on July 4, 2016
Even better if watched right after "Pretty Woman", Gere and Julia's first movie with Hector Elizondo (the concierge who took Roberts under his wing in PW) and a couple of other Gere-Roberts movie alums. Like a fine wine, Gere just gets better (and sexier) with age. "Law & Order: SVU" fans might be surprised to find the unflappable Elliott Stabler as Julia's current jerk of a fiance when Ike Graham (Gere) arrives to cover her fourth "will-she-or-won't-she" trip to the altar. In this age of blah, strapless wedding gowns. Roberts' gowns in the movie are an added treat.
5 people found this helpful
on March 17, 2017
Great movie so sweet. Love Julia Roberts. Wow she was young in this movie! Classic chick flick. Light and fluffy. Glad it is on Prime. Streaming was just perfect and we don't have very good internet.

My favorite scene is the grandma advice scene "Beware of the one eyed snake"!!! Totally funny
5 people found this helpful
on January 5, 2017
Still one of my favorite movies. Love isn't perfect and it requires work, sacrifice and trust. You can't truly love someone if you don't first figure out who you are and love yourself. Such good points wrapped up in a thoroughly amusing flick infused with comedic relief and an impressive amount of chemistry between the cast members. It's not a sophisticated or "heady" movie, but it's the perfect thing to put on after a long day. And it's a great reminder that brokenness can be repaired and that the potential for brighter futures start with what we do with our today.
9 people found this helpful
on February 4, 2017
I liked Julia Roberts in this movie. I found myself trying to figure out why she picked the men she did and why she did not know who she really wanted. I felt sorry for her family and friends who tried to just get her married. I would recommend to friends to watch.
on January 11, 2017
This is a sweet, funny, romantic comedy for those times when you just need a smile on your face at the end of a movie. Nothing fancy or mind-gripping, but just right for a short escape from real life troubles.
on June 27, 2016
I loved this movie! It was funny and entertaining. It was mainly wholesome and free from bad language. The grandmother was a little "spicy" but it added humor in a non-offensive way. I loved the actors in it and felt it was well cast. Thoroughly enjoyed this movie and highly recommend it!
on January 9, 2017
Today was the first time I watched this movie and I truly enjoyed it although I already knew the ending to the plot. But I guess that is what sometimes makes for a great story....knowing a happy ending.
on February 4, 2017
Great movie! Julia Roberts and Richard Gere are wonderful stars who know how to bring a story to life. It was one of the most enjoyable movies I have seen in a long time! Loved it!
on July 27, 2016
It is a nice light movie. I enjoy the romantic comedies. They make your life easier. The actors acted well and in an easy way that I liked.
I don't know how I missed watching that movie over the last 16 years . It is fun although it has nothing to do with reality but it shows how some people can change their mind at the last moment for feeling awkward. Everybody has been there at least once per life I guess.
3 people found this helpful