Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,097 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,052 reviews
on September 18, 2017
Simply the best! The atmosphere and music help make this noir Sci-fi classic a masterpiece. I have watched this film quite a few times over the years and it never appears dated. I am only hoping the sequel does this film justice.
on September 18, 2017
The atmos sound through my atmos capable soundbar is one of the best sound tracks I've heard yet.
on September 17, 2017
Classic modern film noir. Can't wait for the new story.
on September 20, 2017
Classic, can't wait for the new one to be released.
on November 18, 2016
Arguably the best sci-fi film ever made (THE best in my opinion), it still stands up 30+ years after it was released. Good price on this used DVD. No issues. Of course, the Blu-ray edition is prettier, but the film alone is so visually arresting that it really doesn't require enhancements (you can read that as: he was too cheap to spring for the Blu-ray).
on January 29, 2016
WOW...if you love this movie you will be amazed at the clarity of this version, along with all the new "30th Ann Edition" only info makes this a must buy!
on September 3, 2015
I join the multitudes who consider this movie exceptional, prophetic, great, in the running for the greatest sci fy movie of all time.. I realize that is bumping against several incredible movies....but realize this... this was the first movie that depicted future as tech going up and society going down. Before this any future move was all was wonderful. Incredibly prophetic for its time. And if you see it now it would be as great a movie if came out today. Without question.
on January 9, 2008
This five-DVD release is packed neatly into a small briefcase along with a toy spinner (a car), an origami unicorn, a hologram of Deckard at work, and examples of storyboard artwork. It is "quite a prize" and something for Blade Runner fans to revel in. If you feel that you don't need all of these goodies, however, you can still opt for "Blade Runner - the Final Cut 2-Disc Special Edition," giving you the definitive 2007 version of Blade Runner, the documentary on the film ("Dangerous Days"), and more bonus material.

There are many Blade Runner reviews already posted and I risk being completely redundant. I saw it in its original theatrical release in June of 1982. I didn't own a VCR so, with the idea I might never see this movie again, I went back to the theater the next day, pen in hand, and scribbled down as much dialogue as I could, including, of course, Roy Batty's iconic farewell speech. I needed to keep it forever.

Blade Runner is set in Los Angeles in 2019. I recognize my city: the storefronts, street crime, red horizon, endless skyline and congestion. The grimy rain depicts a city of dashed hopes and depression, yet Blade Runner ultimately discovers a passion for life that is "genetic." Roy Batty became my hero by defying his world.

If you are new to Blade Runner I recommend watching the original 1982 Theatrical Release first. I believe it is closer to the mark than is now acknowledged. My hands down "favorite," however, has become the 2007 Final Cut. It is reworked to repair the slip-ups and also expanded somehow, taking a little more time and revealing the film's soul. I discovered Pris in this version -- her conversations with Sebastian reveal tenderness and compassion.

Another version of interest in this set is the Workprint. It uses an even clumsier voiceover than the 1982 Theatrical release and the second half of the film is scored with awful music, exposing the actors by removing the support of Vangelis' miraculous soundtrack. Now we see what powerful performances these actors brought to the film: Rutger Hauer, is absolutely real, terrifying, intelligent, physical; Harrison Ford truly brilliant in a difficult role where his contribution has become underrated. Sean Young, Daryl Hannah, Joanna Cassidy, and Brion James are all great. Thanks to each of you. And thanks to Ridley Scott.

Blade Runner has become a classic and this collector's edition provides much to study and discuss. I can throw away my scribbles now.
on September 14, 2009
OK I will admit it right up front. I am a "Blade Runner" geek. I can quote lines from the original script and I am reasonably fluent in CitySpeak. This groundbreaking film is now available in a set that allows the viewer to understand all of the details of the production with the wonderful "making of" content that is included. If this does not interest you in the least, skip this, you are not the intended buyer. Just purchase the "final cut" DVD or BD disk and save some money.
If you are interested in the minutia associated with this magnificent production, buy this set today. It is well done and although the "signed letter" from Sir Ridley is nothing more than a piece of plastic (very cool, nonetheless) you do get a silver plastic origami unicorn that Gaff would be proud of included in this set.
The packaging is very neat but it is only fluff stuff and probably not of any particular value. The DVD's of all versions and the extras DVD's are worth the money. If that is not enough there are lovely pre-vis drawings from the artist responsible for the look of this strange future world of Los Angeles. These are suitable for framing should you wish.
The "spinner toy car" is also kind of neat but also a cheaply made toy. The jewel of this collection lies in the DVD's included and not the packaging but as far as I know this is the only way you can get the entire set of DVD's.
Lo fa, negoje man.Devaja blade, blade runner.
If you even have the slightest idea of what this means, then yup... you are the right guy! You should buy this set.
on January 6, 2008
My wife bought this for me for Christmas (I had to sign into her account because she was the one who purchased it) and this collectors edition is one of the best gifts I have ever received! I have been a fan of this film for, well, 25 years and I my appreciation has just grown over the years. After viewing the collectors edition though, I have a whole new outlook on this very influential movie.

For those other "Blade-philes" out there - I read Paul Sammon's book cover to cover and was only able to imagine all that he wrote about. Now I was able to experience it first hand. Not only do you get all these versions of the movie (Theatrical, Director's cut, International cut, work-print , and Final Cut) but you also get hours of interviews from the actors, director, crew... you get screen tests, art work, behind the scenes footage, extra scenes - I mean it just goes on and on. It is extremely thorough and the attention to detail is apparent in every respect - packaging, design, content etc... I'm sure Mr. Sammon must have had a hand in this release. I still haven't finished watching every disc - it truly is the gift that keeps on giving ! Sorry to gush so much, I have never seen anything on the market that goes this in-depth with the making of a film before - and the fact that this much care went into a Blade Runner collector's edition is a dream come true!

The only thing that I don't see in this collection (maybe I just haven't gotten to it yet - but it doesn't appear in the booklet that describes the contents) is, surprisingly, any insight to the sound track. I am not a big Vangelis fan, however, his work on the sound track was great and extremely appropriate (except for the awful end credits theme - really the only thing that dates this movie).

One last word - the Final Cut itself looks amazing - the restoration / enhancement was very noticeable.

It seems to me that the only low scores for this collection had to do will packaging deformities (i.e. missing discs etc...) and not the content it self. In short, can't recommend it highly enough - a must have for any Blade Runner fan!