Runners World Reflective Vest
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Lightweight, breathable mesh
- Adjustable strap secures vest to most body sizes
- Reflective printing, banding, and binding offers substantial reflectivity
- Integrated, zippered chest storage pocket
- Machine washable
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
All in all I am happy with the vest. 99% of my running is in the dark and I feel a lot safer wearing this than without. I could have found a cheaper vest that probably has the same quality, but asthetically speaking, this one called out to me more than the road construction orange with yellow striped vests. It serves its purpose well. You should look into a headlamp as well, to help see imperfections in the road if running at night. I hope this review helped someone...
Unfortunately for me, "one size fits most" doesn't. I generally wear a US women's size 2, so I am not too surprised in that regard. For other smaller people out there, the smallest the waist can be cinched without overlapping the (stiff) reflective ends in the front is about 34". The fully open sides make the shoulders a bit wide (for me) as well.
Laid out flat with the belt closed all the way, the vest measures:
17" wide @ velcro belt/closure (unstretched)
The elastic side insets in the belt measure about 3" and max-stretch to about 5" each.
I do like the vest, but will save to wear over my winter gear.
The price is very reasonable when compared to other 'reputable' brands out there. Do I need a fancy label for an item such as this? Not really, after all, it is dark and who is going to read the label. It is for safety reasons only and with that in mind, the reflective strips are very much front and center. I think they are just about the right size and in the right places so that the mesh vest allows my body to breathe and not overheat during the run.
It actually has a pocket at the top of the front reflector that I did not notice when I first received it. Not sure if I would put anything like a gel or other small bulk item in there but it works well for a debit card or $5 bill if needed on the run.
Great value. Recommended.
What I liked:
- The pocket behind the chest reflector strips on the front!. Big enough to hold my cell phone or iPod.
What I didn't like:
- I have pretty wide shoulders, but this vest just didn't seem to fit right. The "straps" that go over your shoulders stuck out over my shoulders and flapped a bit as I ran.
- It CONSTANTLY shifted, no matter how I tightened the velcro straps.
- I just wish there were another wide band of reflective strip across the back, not just at the waist. I may be running INTO traffic, but the oncoming cars can see my headlamp too, the cars coming up behind me only see that little stripe around my waist. I bought reflective tape and added to it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fits "most" body sizes. Guess I'm special. I'm 6'3" with broad shoulders and it doesn't fit me at all. It only comes up to my upper stomach.Published 21 months ago by Evan McIlvride
Use it every day. My back pack wears it while I ride my bike. People comment all the time that they wish they had thought of doing that. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Brian V.
For me this item is a bit big and not all that attractive, but it does the job so I am happy with it.Published on February 16, 2014 by CrazyKittens
HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS VEST FOR ANYONE RUNNING
OR RIDING A BICYCLE.
IT REALLY STANDS OUT IN THE NIGHT AND STAYING SAFE IS WHY I WEAR IT.
The only thing that's really annoying about this vest is putting it on--the Velcro straps inevitably get stuck on/in something (your hair, clothes, etc. Read morePublished on December 28, 2013 by Alex
Very good reflective running vest with good adjustment using the side straps. very light in weight and good reflectivity. Read morePublished on December 28, 2013 by Timothy Williams
This baby does its job when my runner-roomie remembers to put it on before he goes out the doors at night. Read morePublished on December 26, 2013 by Nicci
We live in a rural area where there aren't a lot of lights and this thing really lights you up!! It's adjustable and well worth the (great) price. So happy!!Published on October 30, 2013 by Mel in Ohio