- Save 15% on this item when you purchase 1 or more MD-090P emergency hand crank radio offered by RunningSnail. Enter code RA9YTLAM at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on this item when you purchase 1 or more MD-088 emergency crank radio offered by RunningSnail. Enter code G9WJKVCV at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on MD-090P(Green) emergency weather radio when you purchase 1 or more MD-090 emergency crank radio offered by RunningSnail. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code XKTEYBZQ. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on MD-097(Orange) emergency weather radio when you purchase 1 or more MD-090 emergency crank radio offered by RunningSnail. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code DLTTSVZR. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on MD-088P hand crank weather radio when you purchase 1 or more MD-090 emergency weather radio offered by RunningSnail. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code S5ZM6ON6. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on MD-088 hand crank weather radio when you purchase 1 or more MD-090 emergency weather radio offered by RunningSnail. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code E7BFIBDB. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on this item when you purchase 1 or more MD-088P hand crank weather radio offered by RunningSnail. Enter code WGNWAGCY at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on MD-092P Emergency Weather Alert Radio when you purchase 1 or more MD-090 emergency weather radio offered by RunningSnail. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code I4S4DILN. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Amazon Business : For business-only pricing, quantity discounts and FREE Shipping. Register a free business account
3 Year Electronics Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
RunningSnail Solar Crank NOAA Weather Radio for Emergency with AM/FM, Flashlight, Reading Lamp and 2000mAh Power Bank (Green)
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$10.00 (22%)|
15% extra savings coupon applied at checkout.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
|Power Source||Corded-Electric, Li-ion Battery,Solar, Hand Crank, AAA Batteries|
|Radio Bands Supported||2-Band|
About this item
- A Must For Emergency: Keep your household prepared with this AM/FM & NOAA weather alert radio, broadcast emergency weather alerts for your area such as hurricanes, tornadoes and severe storms.
- Table Lamp & 1W LED Flashlight: It can be used in emergency and survival situations to light up dark spaces and areas or to keep your room nice and bright after a storm cuts off your power.
- Hand Crank Self-charge for Outage: 2000mAh rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of light or 4-6 hours of radio time.
- SOS Alarm With Flashing Red Light: Ask for help in case you have an emergency or you want to warn somebody.
- Multiple Ways to Charge: Hand crank, solar charging, Micro USB cable and 3 AAA batteries(not included). It can be charge USB port devices such as smart phones, to keep you connected and powered.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
We give you one to give you all EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS KIT NECESSITIES.
Communication Equipment: An AM/FM NOAA weather radio—with SOS alarm, ideally—allows you to keep tabs on developing conditions and important announcements. When possible pack this emergency solar charger for your cell phone in your kit.
Light Sources: It’s ideal to have a solar & crank & battery-operated flashlight and reading lamp on hand, as well as plenty of extra AAA batteries (not included).
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update: Hurricane Matthew! No power for 5 days. This radio was a lifesaver!
Forward to first try, at drive in had been solar charging all week. Turn it on and it's perfect sound is great made it through 2 movies without an issue. Second week, we get there and it doesn't turn on, no no no! I realize it was already in the on position "sorry mom I wanted to see how it worked" comes my youngest. It's okay honey we're just going to have to manual crank it (I had forgotten to stash some extra batteries in the car. So for 30 min we are cranking and passing as we get tired. it worked though almost got through the first movie before it started to die. the sound get softer and softer. However I was able to crank it as we watched and it worked very well.
Red indicator light when charging, green when fully charged
Picks up a lot of radio stations AM and FM
Also picks up several weather stations
Audio is good
LED reading light and flashlight very bright
I like the way the antenna collapses and goes inside unit to protect it
Use of AAA batteries a plus
Better than the red cross ones
Top reviews from other countries
The USB port can be used for charging the lithium cell from an external 5 volt source (takes 4.5 hours), or it can act as a source for charging your phone (for emergency use only, because there's not enough energy in the lithium cell to use it as a power bank). You can also switch between the rechargeable lithium cell and 3x (non rechargeable) AAA cells .
The hand crank can give you a few minutes of radio use and can also add a few more minutes of life to your phone battery, but the crank is fairly stiff to turn and the manual states that it needs to be turned at 130-150 revs/minute for 1 minute to get 5-10 minutes of radio time, or maintain this cranking rate for 7 hours!! to fully charge the battery. Likewise, the solar cells in full sunlight are able to add a trickle of charging current to the battery, but the manual states that they're useful only for maintaining a charged battery, and don't expect to be able to fully charge a depleted battery with them.
The biggest disappointment is with the radio itself. If you live in the shadow of a radio tower then you'll hear the station, but once you get away from the tower the reception is p-poor. This isn't helped by the tuning dial which spans only 1-1/8 inches from the lowest frequency to the highest frequency, so tuning is very twitchy and made even worse by backlash in the tuning mechanism. Probably the worst radio I've ever used. I was expecting much better than this for $40.
I bought this awhile back for myself and i rarely used it. After 2 month of sitting I fully charged it and started using it daily. function of the radio is ok, i wish the tuner is digital but it works. Initially the radio would run for days if i leave it by the window so it charges with solar panel, after 3 weeks of using it, i would need to charge radio with usb everyday and now i need to charge it after every use! and i only uses it for 15 min a day for news . Its a shame, excellent radio but the poor battery life killed it, i would stay away unless they can fix battey issue.