- Save 15% on MD-090P(Green) emergency weather radio when you purchase 1 or more MD-090 emergency crank radio offered by RunningSnail. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code XZZTPYLU. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on MD-090P(Orange) emergency weather radio when you purchase 1 or more MD-090 emergency crank radio offered by RunningSnail. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code XFZNU9AJ. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Amazon Business : For business-only pricing, quantity discounts and FREE Shipping. Register a free business account
2 Year Electronics Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Power surge covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
RunningSnail Solar Crank NOAA Weather Radio for Emergency with AM/FM, Flashlight, Reading Lamp and 2000mAh Power Bank (Green)
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$10.00 (22%)|
- A Must For Emergency: Keep your household prepared with this AM/FM & NOAA weather alert radio, broadcast emergency weather alerts for your area such as hurricanes, tornadoes and severe storms.
- Table Lamp & 1W LED Flashlight: It can be used in emergency and survival situations to light up dark spaces and areas or to keep your room nice and bright after a storm cuts off your power.
- Hand Crank Self-charge for Outage: 2000mAh rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of light or 4-6 hours of radio time.
- SOS Alarm With Flashing Red Light: Ask for help in case you have an emergency or you want to warn somebody.
- Multiple Ways to Charge: Hand crank, solar charging, Micro USB cable and 3 AAA batteries(not included). It can be charge USB port devices such as smart phones, to keep you connected and powered.
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
We give you one to give you all EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS KIT NECESSITIES.
Communication Equipment: An AM/FM NOAA weather radio—with SOS alarm, ideally—allows you to keep tabs on developing conditions and important announcements. When possible pack this emergency solar charger for your cell phone in your kit.
Light Sources: It’s ideal to have a solar & crank & battery-operated flashlight and reading lamp on hand, as well as plenty of extra AAA batteries (not included).
Compare with similar items
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update: Hurricane Matthew! No power for 5 days. This radio was a lifesaver!
Forward to first try, at drive in had been solar charging all week. Turn it on and it's perfect sound is great made it through 2 movies without an issue. Second week, we get there and it doesn't turn on, no no no! I realize it was already in the on position "sorry mom I wanted to see how it worked" comes my youngest. It's okay honey we're just going to have to manual crank it (I had forgotten to stash some extra batteries in the car. So for 30 min we are cranking and passing as we get tired. it worked though almost got through the first movie before it started to die. the sound get softer and softer. However I was able to crank it as we watched and it worked very well.
Red indicator light when charging, green when fully charged
Picks up a lot of radio stations AM and FM
Also picks up several weather stations
Audio is good
LED reading light and flashlight very bright
I like the way the antenna collapses and goes inside unit to protect it
Use of AAA batteries a plus
Better than the red cross ones
Top international reviews
The USB port can be used for charging the lithium cell from an external 5 volt source (takes 4.5 hours), or it can act as a source for charging your phone (for emergency use only, because there's not enough energy in the lithium cell to use it as a power bank). You can also switch between the rechargeable lithium cell and 3x (non rechargeable) AAA cells .
The hand crank can give you a few minutes of radio use and can also add a few more minutes of life to your phone battery, but the crank is fairly stiff to turn and the manual states that it needs to be turned at 130-150 revs/minute for 1 minute to get 5-10 minutes of radio time, or maintain this cranking rate for 7 hours!! to fully charge the battery. Likewise, the solar cells in full sunlight are able to add a trickle of charging current to the battery, but the manual states that they're useful only for maintaining a charged battery, and don't expect to be able to fully charge a depleted battery with them.
The biggest disappointment is with the radio itself. If you live in the shadow of a radio tower then you'll hear the station, but once you get away from the tower the reception is p-poor. This isn't helped by the tuning dial which spans only 1-1/8 inches from the lowest frequency to the highest frequency, so tuning is very twitchy and made even worse by backlash in the tuning mechanism. Probably the worst radio I've ever used. I was expecting much better than this for $40.
I bought this awhile back for myself and i rarely used it. After 2 month of sitting I fully charged it and started using it daily. function of the radio is ok, i wish the tuner is digital but it works. Initially the radio would run for days if i leave it by the window so it charges with solar panel, after 3 weeks of using it, i would need to charge radio with usb everyday and now i need to charge it after every use! and i only uses it for 15 min a day for news . Its a shame, excellent radio but the poor battery life killed it, i would stay away unless they can fix battey issue.
I have not required the use of the emergency backup for phone charging, but I did hook it up and it works fine, just don't buy this thinking its going to charge a phone completely while you are camping or something, it is more for getting a few percent put back on your phone to make a call or something, which is still super helpful and great feature.
This gets a solid rating from me, but! if this thing also had a SD reader for music or even USB, on top of all the existing features, that would be awesome! not blue tooth, as that would defeat the purpose of having one device for everything.
The flip light on top broke after the second time we used it, :( and for the price that it cost, i feel this should still be working. We didn't lose power enough times for this to have happened within the return period, so now i'm stuck with a partially working item. The flashlight itself is still good, so is the radio. i cannot comment on the crank charge because we've only charged it by usb and had power on again before we had to use the crank.
Possibly my worst purchase on amazon.
Works okish if charged with cord for about 2 hours after that it's useless. Solar doesn't charge and has a hard time picking up any stations even am stations I get on a regular radio without an antenna. I strongly suggest avoiding this one.
- This little unit is absolutely amazing, It can toggle between WB/AM/FM radio. It carries two simple and functional tuning knobs, one for radio station selection, the other for Volume ON/OFF, Volume UP/DOWN.
- The radio has a built in flash light and reading Lamp, both are super simple to use and both offer bright white light for easy use.
There's a handy dandy radio antenna at the top of the unit, useful for remote camping or hiking locations, perfect for getting a signal in.
-The radio has 3 power modes; It can be recharged using a charging cable provided; Can be recharged using AAA Batteries; And can also be recharged using the built in solar panel. How awesome is that! And that's not it. The unit also has a built in Crank at the back which allows for recharging the battery when there are no other power source available.
- The unit comes with an SOS signal switch, perfect for emergencies and adverse situations.
- In addation It comes with a lanyard for easy carrying and attaching to my backpack during hiking.
Perfect little all in one radio, this thing is built solid and comes with a host of useful and functional features. Battery life on cable charging is great, Sound quality is a bit scratchy but hey not bad at all.
I strongly recommend getting this Running Snail Radio. Absolutely the Best!
I received a replacement radio from RunningSail about 3 mths ago. That unit worked fine until about 2 weeks ago. Now the battery will not hold charge for more than 5 mins. I now have to crank the arm for about 3 mins in order to get 5 mins of radio play! Unacceptable. 1 defective unit ? Ok... But 2 defective units? These items are total rubbish and cannot be counted on in an emergency situation. 2 radios that failed after 3 months. A total waste of money!
RunningSnail what about the 1 year warranty on this item?
July 29, 2019. Sent message to RunningSnail regarding 1 yr warranty.
I purchased this item almost 4 months ago and had high hopes for it. It's a compact item with basic features. It does what it is supposed to do. The sound is mediocre (which is to be expected at this price point) and the tuning quirky. This past week the solar charger stopped working. This is an integral part of the the radio's emergency features.
I have e-mailed RunningSnail and hope they will make good on their 1 Year Warranty. Fingers crossed.