Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on December 9, 2017
It disappointed me because it cannot communicate with smart phone to show the real time information.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 20, 2013
Well, I bought a Runtastic GPS watch several weeks ago and have used it several times on a measured and marked 2 mile course. Unfortunately, it consistently measures the distance as 1.95 miles when I run it. However, when I walked it, the watch measured the distance as 2.01 miles. I thought maybe it would help to increase the frequency of GPS tracking (from 4 seconds to 2 seconds), but that hasn't helped. This is a fairly straight, open course with a couple of very gentle hills, so I don't think the course is the cause of the problem. I also compared this to my Kinetic iphone app. The app calculated the distance exactly at 2.00 miles. I find this disturbing because it means the watch accuracy is highly dependent upon your speed. Also, I'm not a fast runner now that I'm in my 50s. A difference of at least 2.5% just makes it too hard for me to keep track of my 2 mile time.

Another issue is that you have to hold the watch perfectly level to get the compass to show an accurate direction. If you tilt the watch slightly, you'll see it change the direction significantly. In my mind, that makes its usefulness pretty marginal.

With all this said, I do like their web site, but I'm not going to sign up for a gold membership because I'm going to have to purchase a Garmin. I expected some compromise based upon the other reviews, but the watch is simply beyond my accuracy threshold.
33 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 2, 2013
When I work out, I leave my cell phone at home and use that time to disconnect. The Runtastic GPS Watch is therefore the perfect device to track my fitness activities and I wear it every time I work out. It is:

- light weight and comfortable
- reliable and easy to use
- available at a great price point
- easy to sync with heart rate monitor and upload data
on September 24, 2013
However, learning to use it takes a while and the manual is not exactly helpful. But the watch and GPS work as advertised. Just remember to turn off the GPS when not in use and it'll last days. Being able to upload to the website is great and I would recommend GOLD membership if you want to know exactly how you are doing.
on October 29, 2015
If you want something to do during the rainy season programing this watch might be your thing. The
50 page instruction download was too much for my patience.
on September 7, 2014
GPS works great, however the heart rate monitor is occasionally difficult to get working. You have to take the battery out a few times to get it running.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on July 31, 2013
I have a problems because this Watch not good function , I think , the sensor signal is constantly lost in an exercise routine, I have to change the battery and recharge it again to re-run for see the cardiac pulse
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 21, 2015
it doesnt work with Runtastic app nor trendmills. it only works with watch. very limited use. Waste of money !
on April 10, 2014
does not work with my andriod phone. Customer service did not have any helpful suggestions. Had troubles with it working with older iPhone as well.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 6, 2013
Works exactly as described. Simple to use. if your already a runtastic user this is a great option vs dragging you phone with you on every ride or run.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.