- Actors: Renée Fleming, Dísella Làrusdóttir, Renée Tatum, Maya Lahyani, John Relyea
- Directors: Otto Schenk
- Format: Multiple Formats, Classical, Import, NTSC
- Language: English (DTS 5.1)
- Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Rated: Not RatedNR
- Studio: Decca
- DVD Release Date: September 25, 2015
- Run Time: 174 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (41 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B00M3IVDH6
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #16,267 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Dvorak s enchanting fairytale of the water-nymph Rusalka has been a signature role for Renée Fleming for the past 25 years.
The Gramophone Classical Music Guide writes: Renée Fleming's tender and heartwarming account of Rusalka's Song to the Moon reflects the fact that the role of the lovelorn water nymph, taken by her in a highly successful production at the MET in New York, has become one of her favourites .
Here at last in sumptuous HD is that MET production by the late Günther Schneider-Siemssen and directed by Otto Schenk.
Yannick Nézet-Séguin conducts with sensitivity and urgency --Financial Times
the strong supporting cast includes Piotr Beczala wonderful as the Prince, his tenor elegant and impassioned --New York Times
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
I just want to say that the Blu-Ray is region 0 so it should play in any Blu-Ray player despite what the description says. I was worried but I am in North America and I have no problem playing the disc on my Blu Ray Player.
When I watched the DVD I wasn’t disappointment, it was very good. The singing and acting were amazing, even the little roles were very good. It had a very strong cast lead by Renee Fleming in the main character; Jezibaba and The Prince played by Dolora Zajick and Piotr Beczala respectively were very convincing in their roles.
The scenery was beautiful for example the scene with Rusalka singing the” Song of the Moon” among tree branches watching the moon and evoking the love she feels was very tender. The music as every thing written by Dvorac was delightful; I enjoyed the duets between Rusalka and the Prince as well as the rest of the scores.
The artistic direction is great.
I don’t know of another version of this opera, but I loved this one.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who bought this item also bought
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Arts & Entertainment
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Performing Arts
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Special Interests
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Classical
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Opera
- Movies & TV > TV