Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
* Daniel Brühl ("Ladies in Lavender") as three-time Formula One champ Niki Lauda, a buttoned-down technocrat, friendless and charmless, but a brilliant analyst who understands all the elements of racing: the track, the engine, the body, the weight, and above all, the competition.
* Chris Hemsworth ("Thor") as handsome James Hunt, exuding the joie de vivre of international success. He revels in the booze, the drugs and the women that go along with fame and is always the darling of the press because he is so quotable.
* Olivia Wilde ("The Change-Up") as Suzy Miller, soon to be the famous supermodel Suzy Hunt, who swans into Hunt's life and quickly marries him, much to their mutual regret.
* Alexandra Maria Lara ("Imagine") is Marlene, who marries Lauda almost on a whim, but who remains in his life as his staunchest friend and ally.
Howard gives us a soundtrack that shakes the theater as those powerful engines roar into life, but never neglects the dialogue: We hear every single spoken word in a script where much of the fun is what our two rivals say to (and about) each other. Their top-notch competition brings up the game for both, so they come to realize they need each other. Lauda says, "I learn far more from my enemies than from my friends.Read more ›
I won't go through the premise here. If you're reading this I expect you already know it. I will say that this film travels at a pace akin to the cars it features. There's not a moment to get bored or for the mind to wander. To the contrary. I wanted every scene to be longer, I wanted to spend more time with these people. I was hungry to know them, flaws and all. This is no glossed up little package of hero-worship. Both Hunt and Lauda are as selfish and spiteful as they are inspiring and talented.
The music is brooding, compelling and exciting by turn. The camera work is intimate and amazing. (You see through Niki's bury eyes, you see from inside helmets and from under and along the cars. You see every shudder they make. You see eyelashes and pores and ruined skin as well as stunning scenery. You struggle to see through the rain. You see through the flames, you see and hear what Lauda saw and head in that fiery minute (and sit glad you can't feel it).
I wasn't sure how I'd take the most confronting action, the crash and the painful hospital scenes and I admit going into it a little apprehensive. They aren't easy watching but neither are they overdone. It's all very matter-of-fact. Horrible but nothing that can't be pushed through. Not lingered on, not brushed over and I was glad for it. It had to be done that way to understand what Lauda actually overcame.
While the race action was outstanding the best part, of course, was the interaction between Hunt and Lauda.Read more ›
Rush chronicles the ascension of James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth, deflated from his Thor role) and Niki Lauda (Daniel Brühl) from their humble Formula 3 beginnings up to the contentious glory of Formula One. Their actions and dialogue, whether to, about or because of one another, illustrate their dependence on each other which subsequently fuels their addiction to competition. Each minute of this movie is every bit a duel as Rocky versus Ivan Drago and they bring out the very best (and the very worst) in each other.
But this "race car" movie hardly focuses on "action" or "racing" at all. But it is every bit about the intensity "of" the race...and the rush experienced by its competitors. This film is about the relationship and rivalry between of Hunt and Lauda, not the engines behind which they sit.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a true work of Genious art. No one but Ron Howard was able to gather the best members to make this kind of best of the best car racing movie possible. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Hee Chul Kwon
Very thrilling movie and, I think well acted. Don't skip this one.Published 9 days ago by M. Stifler
Whether or not you are into Formula One Racing (I am a big fan) you will enjoy the movie. Great action, great story (based on a true events) actors did a great job a portraying the... Read morePublished 11 days ago by Mr.BLB
Gripping and thrilling! Among the most moving films that I watched this year. Chris delivered an exceptional performance.Published 12 days ago by McElroy
Great movie at great price. Love that it includes disc for ant type of DVD player.Published 15 days ago by Cookie
Be*my have miss and sccaa'ing expirence loved the sto good job Ron howared. I expect nothing less from you .you found your calling. Thumbs up great film. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Amazon Customer
Another great movie is Rush, from beginning to end, its a great moviePublished 1 month ago by Terry Scott
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Sports
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Drama