Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on August 4, 2011
REVIEWER'S OPINION:
The overall plot wasn't fleshed out - not enough events to make it interesting. Everyone is on a quest to get twelve markers, but we are never shown anything about finding them which could have been interesting. We are just "told" that certain characters finally have them. It seemed like most of the book was arguing between Seth and Raine and pondering by Seth and Raine. He wanted her and acted like it. She wanted him but wouldn't follow her feelings. She felt they could never have a relationship for various reasons. That was most of the story rather than what was going on with the evil guys. I had a hard time staying interested. Unfortunately I wanted it to be over, and I skimmed a few parts. The sex scenes seemed ok, but I wasn't that interested. I don't know why.

I recall other authors taking me inside the heads of bad guys causing me fear and anxiety. I never felt anything like that here. Instead we are told after the fact that she was tortured and raped. We are told about other bad-guy actions as well, but not in a way that elicited feelings.

It might have been interesting to see the motivations and events causing Seth to stop killing vampires and start helping them. It might have been good to understand why or how Seth (a human) was able to kill paranormal creatures. I have not read any other books in this series, so if that was answered in a previous book, I don't know.

STORY BRIEF:
Raine is half vampire and half psychic. She was imprisoned by Westmore for a month. She was tortured and raped and grieves because he killed her sister. She was rescued by Seth and some Watchmen.

Seth is human. Vampires killed his family. For many years he went on a revenge spree killing vampires. He stopped that and now has joined vampires and others in the fight against Westmore and the Casus. Although Seth is human, he is able to fight and kill vampires, Casus, and almost anything else.

All of that is told as background and now the story begins. Raine is on a mission to kill everyone who raped or tortured her. Seth follows her to help. She wants to do this without his help, but Seth saves her life more than once because she is not competent enough to do it alone. But she keeps running off to do it, and he keeps following to save her. (This implies stupidity on her part.)

The good guys and the bad guys are trying to beat each other in finding twelve hidden markers which can do powerful things. Almost no time (or very little time) is spent showing why they were hidden, where they are, and the process of finding them. The result is the marker part of the story feels more like background than current action.

DATA:
Story length: 368 pages. Swearing language: strong, including religious swear words. Sexual language: strong. Number of sex scenes: 7. Estimated number of sex scene pages: 37. Setting: current day various places in Europe. Copyright: 2011. Genre: paranormal romantic suspense.
on December 13, 2013
I admit this was the first book I read of this author, I didn't know it was a sequel until I started.

However it stood well on its own, the author did a great job in building her world and making the characters likable but flawed.

I saw some complained about the male being human, to be honest it is one of the things I liked about the book. In most paranormal books we have a female (usually human) and a vampire/werewolf/whatever male (like in 99 pct of these books). I personally think it is refreshing and shows a bit originality to have male lead be human.

I actually wish more authors would break from the cookie mold storyline, a great many of these books become repetitive, this is a way to show some originality.

Also the sex came across as both realistic and hot.

My only minor complaint is a couple times in the middle of the act the two characters would breakout in a deep conversation. I found that a bit hard to see, before sure, after no problem, but from my experience most people are disinclined to break into conversation while doing the deed.

Again I list this a fine piece of work and will look at some of the author's other works.
on January 19, 2014
So far this has been my least favorite book in this series. Book was very shallow. Maybe Byrd was rushed when she wrote this one. I enjoyed the books before it and will continue on in the series.
on March 10, 2014
like all of her books, fun,sexy and a good jolt of sexual pleasure for those of us who don't have enough in our lives.
on December 14, 2012
I loved the whole set, eight in all so far. The reason I gave it the best rating possible was because I had previously tried to get one of them at a bookstore and was unable to find it. I started getting them online and have had no problems. I`m near end on this one and I plan on passing them onto my sister. A special thanks to Amazon and the sellers. I will visiting soon to see what is next.
on September 15, 2014
I love it
on April 24, 2013
Pleased was good.Very nice PleasedWas very good shape. Pleased by this series. Cant get enough!!!Love how she writes!!! Would really recommend to others to read
on August 18, 2011
This book 7 in a series of 8 and it is very good. I would recomend this series and others by Rhyannor Byrd.