|Item Weight||4.3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.4 x 4.4 x 5.1 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||277987|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Coverage||16 Sq Ft covered with 3 coats = One Quart|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Rust-Oleum 247596 Magnetic Primer
|Special Shipping Information: This product may not be available for 1 or 2 day shipping due to federal regulations that require it to ship via ground ship methods only. This product can only be shipped within the 48 contiguous states.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
BASE coat that allows you to create a surface that attracts magnets almost anywhere. Can be applied to wood, metal, masonry, drywall, and plaster. Create a fun and unexpected way to hang notes, photos and more. Now the specialty magnetic primer is 3x stronger. Top coat with any latex paint or even chalkboard paint. Interior use only. Top coat with any latex paint even Rust-Oleum chalk board paint. Soap & water clean up. Indoor use only.
From the Manufacturer
Rust-Oleum Specialty Magnetic latex primer is a dark gray colored base coat that allows you to create a surface that attracts magnets almost anywhere. Can be applied to wood, metal, masonry, drywall, and plaster. Create a fun and unexpected way to hang notes, photos and more.
Top Customer Reviews
1. You must be patient and organized. This paint splatters so be sure to tape off your walls and use a drop cloth.
2. You need to have the can shaken professionally at a paint store. In between coats I would also close the can and store it upside down.
3. If you do not want paint on your hands then you should always wear gloves when you paint. This does not wash off easlily so I just wore a thin pair of disposable gloves. I went through about 2 packs on this project. I also kept a few dry towels and a few damp towels handy to make sure that my handle on my roller stayed clean and to wipe up any splatter as it occured.
4. Painting in general stinks. I have seen reviews that bash this product because it smells bad. Make sure you ventilate your room. It was cool outside so I opened my windows and brought in a fan. The smell of fresh paint will always linger for a few days. The smell from this went away within a week.
5. When you apply this paint make sure that you go slow to avoid large amounts of splatter. If you have ever used Ralph Lauren Suede paint and have used the V-technique ( I made that term up because you push your roller up and down in a v-pattern) I would reccomend doing so. I put 8 coats of this magnetic primer on my walls and it works wonderfully.
6. Most custom paint jobs require more time and attention to detail. This is the case for this product. As always make sure you keep clean work area.
7. I would reccomed this product to anyone who has some experience with paint and is willing to follow some directions.I would not reccomend this as a first time painting project. I have also found that most general contractors are great at applying a single layer of paint on the wall but are generally not skilled with custom painting techniques that require mixing paints/colors and or textures. IF you are going to hire someone to do these types of jobs then you should ask to look at their portfolio first.
Also, I recommend that you go to a paint shop to get your paint stirred properly prior to painting your wall or board or which ever surface you are painting. If you do not get your paint stirred, it will take some time to manually stir the paint on your own due to the large chunked iron particles that are sitting at the bottom of the paint jar. It took me about 30-40 minutes to get the right consistency and no chunks in my paint jar (I should have went and got my paint properly stirred).
In short, I do not recommend this product. I spent 4 to 5 hours painting a 3 foot by 5 foot framed surface with 8 coats of rustoleum magnetic primer that took longer than it should have to be magnetic! Don't waste your time, and go find a better product that will get you the job done as described.