|Item Weight||16.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15.5 x 15.2 x 11.5 inches|
|Item model number||258284|
|Size||50 Square Feet|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $17.82 shipping
Rust-Oleum Countertop Transformations Kit, Onyx
|Price:||$129.99 + $19.49 shipping|
|You Save:||$120.01 (48%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Transforms old laminate countertops into the look of natural stone
- Covers up to 50 square feet or 20 linear feet
- Easy to use with no special skills required--complete step-by-step instructions included
- Reinforced with HomeShield antimicrobial protection
- Durable surface that will last for years
- Item is HAZMAT, Non-returnable
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Our only deviation from the instructions was that I used a 5" orbital sander with 60-grit sandpaper to rough up our old counters - this saved a ton of time. Other than that, I can't stress enough that you MUST follow the instructions to the letter if you want a good result. This is a project for Type A, meticulous people. :)
My observations after doing this project:
- I agree with previous reviewers who noted that they short you on adhesive base coat but give you WAY more chips than you'll need. You can dump half the chips on the floor (and you will, as you apply with the spreader) and still have plenty. I don't think the 50 sqft kit would have provided enough base for our 39 sqft of counters.
- The adhesive base coat dries quickly - if your counters are broken into multiple sections, do each one separately - first section base coat, apply chips; next section base coat, apply chips - etc.
- The wood trim on our counters had a beveled/ridged edge.Read more ›
This product was easy to use, did exactly what it was supposed to, and beautifully covered up my 70's fake butcher block laminate. I followed the directions exactly, and had absolutely no problems achieving a great look in 2 1/2 days. Now, some helpful hints:
1. If you REALLY WANT granite or stone, DON'T buy this. You will never be happy with it, because deep down, you want something else. It's not stone. It looks like a very nice, shiny laminate, minus the seams on the edges, and I think it's easier than replacing laminate tops, and slightly cheaper.
2. The Desert Sand color is awesome. The Onyx color is apparently awful. Take a look at the satisfied customers and see which color they used. Now look at the Onyx reviews (see "road tar"). Basically, single color is a bad idea with this product. Also, if possible, try to stay within the same color scheme as your current tops. This will help with base coat coverage issues (obviously you can't do this if you have some awful green or pink laminate top). I went from fake wood to Desert Sand (similar in color), and it covered very easily.
3. You need two people for adhesive/chip application. Seriously.
4. If you're doing this in winter, as I did, the air in your house is dry. Use a humidifier to raise the humidity in the kitchen a day or two before applying the adhesive. This will give you more working time.
5. SEAMS: there's just one short blurb in the video about this, so I had to call Rustoleum for advice. I have a U-shaped kitchen with two mitre joints in the counter.Read more ›
I'm pleased with the overall appearance after completed but would reinforce what others have said -> use lots of base coat and have extra on hand if at all possible.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love, love, love the look!! I recently did my cabinets with Rust-Oleum transformation kit and I love how they turned out. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Katie Smith
This is the 2nd time we have used the counter top transformation kit and both times the results have been very positive. Lots of compliments from friends. Read morePublished 1 day ago by CeCe
A great option for a kitchen counter top restoration at a considerable savings over new granite.Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
I purchased and installed this product five years ago. We just replaced it with an upgrade, and so I had a chance to reflect on the overall experience. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Reviewer
Lots of prep but easy to do. Only used half the base ooat but just had enough of the top coat. Loved the finish but struggling with streak marks from wiping it down. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Amazon Customer
So this is my first product review. I'm doing it because it's worth it. We bought a new house and we could have spent $3000 on custom counters to replace the outdated ones we had. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Michelle Wolkins
This product went on smoothly and evenly. A little prep work, and my old, worn out countertops look like new. Read more
For the most part results exactly as described. Final top coat never dried after following directions. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Melissa S. Canon