Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now

• Ruun

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on July 3, 2009
Hm.. so yeah. All the reviews said that this album is a spectacular masterpeice of black metal, oh ho, I beg to differ. Every review made me more psyched to buy and listen to this album. So before goin' on ahead and doin' so I downloaded a previous album of theirs to check it out. It was "Below the Lights" which I think is a MUCH better album then this. It has more melody and a much more pizazz. I really enjoyed Below the Lights and expected Ruun to be more like that.

Ruun is so boring, melow, and monotone it makes you want to (and I know it's way too easy but I'ma go ahead and type it anyways) ruun as far away from the horrid sound as fast as possible! OK, so it's not that bad, but still it's pretty bad. But hey, it may just be not my cup of tea.

The vocals are pretty good, which is why I gave it a 2 and not a 1, but still they're not great either.

Anyways, I found this album to be pretty dull and uncaptivating. It's just the same recylced, strung out beats over and over again.
on February 17, 2011
This vinyl, released on Back on Black, is a great addition to anyones collection, but only music wise. I have had three copies of this vinyl (all on Back on Black), two of them were slightly warped (ordered from amazon) and the third one had some discoloring (the machine making them wasnt probably clean enough and there is some light white colouring on the surface of the vinyl which cannot be washed off). I`m definitely not happy with the quality control of Back on Black on this pressing. Even the quality of the former soviet union record label "Melodija" had better quality control.
on February 19, 2013
I've never heard an Enslaved album I didn't dig. Ruun is no exception. I own everything from Monumension to Riitiir. They are all fantastic. The holy trinity of Below the Lights, Isa and Ruun is my favorite era from Enslaved though.
Get this album immediately.
on July 16, 2013
Record sounds great.
Gatefold is very good.
This album is nice.
I recommend this LP to all fans of Enslaved.
on September 12, 2016
One of my favourite Enslaved albums. Always an extremely creative band!
on March 4, 2015