Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on November 23, 2010
I've got tons of glasses at home, since I've been trying to find those perfect glasses since I started mountain biking (more than a year ago).

I've been using a bolle pair for a while now, since they are pretty good for sunny days (which is what I go trough most of the time living in the caribbean - Dominican Republic). But I've never actually felt completely well about them, since I have to take them off at night as well as early in the morning, when there's no sun out yet.

This is not good since insects can get in my eyes, etc. Then again I didn't want to carry an extra "clear" glasses pair on me so I could change when night fell on me.

Then I found these ones. Polarized, being the ultimate sunlight protection (not just a dark tint) and photochromic, that allows these to go from a very light tint (kills about 10% of visible light) to a medium dark one (killing about 30~40% of sunlight).

So now I have the perfect sunglasses. You can wear these ones at night, in the sun, when it's cloudy, ANYTIME, ANY WEATHER, ANY DAY. Always looking perfect.

Optics are great too. They are really comfortable and VERY light. You barely now you are using them. No ear pain neither, which was a problem with my bolle contour sunglasses when I used them for 4 or more hours straight.

TL;DR: These things ROOOOCK, confortable, great optics, look great too, light, polarized, photochromic and a price you can't beat :)
on March 29, 2011
After reading some other reviews, I just decide to buy this shades. I was looking for sunglasses with full UV protection, Polarized, and Photochromic if that exist. I mean; all together! I want them to ride my bike, not compromising my Oakley sunglasses.
This is my review:
Frame and design: Owesome. They have that oakley look, and almost same features.
Lenses: It says 100% UV protection, so great. Polarized, great viewing. Now; photochromic, let's be real on that. I love the Transitions change, dark when direct sun light, and clear when not. This glasses come with this sun effect, but to be honest, I didn't see the change. Probably it does change, not that strong that transitions shades because of the polarized feature.
I gave them 5 stars for quality, price, design, light weight, and eye protection. I will buy another pair no doubt about it when I need them, and recommend this shades to everybody. Definitely a good deal.
on September 12, 2012
I have waited a long time to review these shades since I bought them, but after using them all summer, the number of complaints is small. Ok, its really just one. I wish that they wrapped a little further around my head because when I drive long distances in my convertible or sit at the windy beach, the wind does come around the sides a bit and cause me to squint. The lenses change shade pretty quickly and I notice myself walking through stores with my sunglasses on often without realizing it.
I will note that the lenses that came with mine are a little different. They have two small air holes in the outer corners, I assume to prevent fogging from sweat, and the little pokey-outy corners on the side are rounded. I will try to upload a picture.
I will definitely buy another pair of these if anything happens to mine.
review image
on May 5, 2013
As pointed out by others, they don't get as dark as desired. When I first got these, the gradient between light and dark was very noticeable. However, after a few months of use, I notice that they don't get as light as they originally did. I keep these in my car (without a case) so perhaps the constant sunlight may have caused them to darken permanently. If I were to rate these based on the first few months of use, I'd give them a "5" rating. Now however, due to them not getting as light as they use to, I give them a "3" rating.

Pros:
- great fit
- great (eye) coverage

Cons:
- darkest shade could be more dark
- gradient between light and dark has decreased over time
on February 6, 2013
If you think that photochromic sunglasses are going to preform like specific lenses, your fooling yourself. They are a happy medium. I'm pretty happy with the range of protection. If you have bright lights for biking at night, these will work 90% of the time. They will also provided enough protection to cut annoying glare from car head lights. Sun protection is good in all but the brightest days. I live in Wisconsin, so we don't have that problem too often. They are also light and have a good fit.
on April 22, 2013
I've had my sunglasses JUST under a year and one of the lenses started to crack. I contacted Triathlete Sports and within a day they approved the return. Within a week of shipping the sunglasses off,Triathlete Sports emailed me to let me know that Ryders Eyewear replaced my glasses and provided a me tracking number. I'm happy with the product, even happier with the service and support almost one year later. Thanks!
on June 26, 2011
I bought these for my wife. She is a teacher at a small school and has to walk her class from building to building through out the day. So having glasses that will change quickly so that she does not have to remove them when she walks into shade or another room, is great. They are very comfortable, and do not press on her head so much as to cause a headache, like some.
Thank you again for a great product that doesn't break the bank to be comfortable and protected.
on December 3, 2012
Great product! My only complaint is that the photochromatic lenses have a very limited range (common problem with this type of technology). They don't become very light or dark, but rather go from one slightly lighter shade of grey to a slightly darker shade of grey. For low light conditions, you would definitely need a different pair of protective eyeware.
on December 12, 2012
The sunglasses are outstanding. The design allows for usage while cycling, plus regular use when I am off the bike.
Cost of the sunglasses seems very fair to the consumer. I choose the gloss Black/Grey and I am very satisfied.
on June 30, 2012
These are great cheap glasses that are clear and light weight and good sun protection for the eyes.. i use these for when i go bike riding.. very happy with them.. i have a small face and fits perfectly

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.