|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$30.74 - $43.98 & FREE Returns|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options & FREE Returns|
- Synthetic and Mesh
- Synthetic sole
- Studio fitness shoe
- Pivot point on sole
- Lightweight low profile performance
- Lateral stability
Customers who bought this item also bought
Build with comfort in mind, Ryka Exertion is the perfect choice for your every day active wardrobe. Featuring a Synthetic leather and air mesh upper that enhances ultimate breathability for all day dryness, it also features a padded tongue and collar and a traditional lace-up system for a perfect fit. Soft textile lining and Ortholite® footbed offers all-day comfort, while lightweight molded EVA midsole and durable rubber outsole provides all the traction, support, and stability you need for your busy day. With Ryka Exertion you'll go beyond your limits in a breeze.
All Ryka shoes are made on a woman's last (the mold or shape of a woman's foot), and are designed and developed taking into account a women's unique fit needs. Women's feet are narrower in the heel and wider in the forefoot, women's toes need more room. Outstanding fit and exceptional comfort consistently place Ryka shoes among the highest rated in the industry. After all, if your shoes don't work out, neither will you.
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B007YZBKZ8
- Item model number: Exertion-W
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 20, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
The shoes have good flexibility that conforms to your feet, while offering support. I bought new shoes because my old ones were causing knee issues, these shoes quickly reversed that problem, so I have no knee pain... at all!
I STRONGLY recommend these shoes. They are perfectly made.
Phew! Now that that's off my chest, allow me to elaborate on why I am so enthusiastic: Athletic shoes and I tend not to get along. My feet are wide across the ball and middle of my foot and I have a somewhat low arch, which makes them hard to fit (I have literally ordered no less than nine pairs of athletic shoes in the past two months trying to find the right pair). And even when I find shoes that fit all right, there is always a blister-heavy break-in period. Enter these Ryka Exertions. I am still in shock as to how perfectly they fit my feet right out of the box. Not only is the arch lower and the toe box wider than every other cross trainer I've tried, but they're also feather-light, breathable, flexible, and have great impact absorption. The first day I had them I used them for an Insanity workout and it was the first time my knees, hips, arches, and/or lower back didn't hurt like a mother during or after. I also had much better lateral stability than I'm used to: they were excellent for side-to-side lunges/hops/etc. and for balancing during stretches. I definitely plan to order another pair -- I never want to work out without these things again!
Now that I have finished gushing, I do have a note on sizing: I am usually a 9.5W, but based on reviews here I decided to order both a 9.5W and 10W and see how they fit. As it turned out, the reviewers were right: these babies to tend to run small, because the 9.5W smooshed my toes and were too tight across. However, as you read above, the 10W's were perfect.
- Color: I have had a hard time finding royal blue athletic shoes for women. Hoping that the color was truer to the picture than the description, I ordered the "navy/light blue/yellow." I think a better description would be "royal blue/aqua/chartreuse.". They were exactly the blues I was looking for.
- Arch support: If the arch hits in the right spot on your foot, it provides good support.
- Arch placement: At first I thought this shoe didn't have any arch support. Then I pushed my foot forward and realized it was just in the wrong spot. In this shoe, my normal size (9.5) was long enough but the arch was too far forward. The 9 fit in the right places everywhere else, but my toe hit the end when I ran.
- Midsole: The Ortholite insole was thin but provided decent cushion. However, the midsole underneath didn’t have much give to it. I tried different insoles, but ultimately the hard midsole kept the shoe from being comfortable.
I sent both sizes back for a refund.
In my quest for blue athletic shoes, I also tried New Balance Fresh Foam Boracay in blue/green, Nike Flex Trainer 4 in cobalt, and New Balance W470v4 in blue/green. I ended up with the W470v4 and bought aqua laces to finish it off.