Ryobi RY253SS 25cc Straight Shaft 18" Lawn Grass Weed Trimmer 2 Cycle Gas Power
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Get those hard to reach spots and keep your lawn beautiful with the straight shaft
- Full Crank engine for 2x longer life
- Expand-it Attachment System converts to Pruner, Edger, Blower, Tiller, Straight Shaft Trimmer
- 50:1 Gas to Oil ratio, which is 2.6oz of oil to 1 gallon of gas. Do NOT use E85 gas
- Zip Start carburetor for easier starting
This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified by the manufacturer or by a third-party refurbisher to look and work like new, with limited to no signs of wear. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, inspection, reconditioning and repackaging. The product ships with relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day supplier warranty, and may arrive in a generic white or brown box. Accessories may be generic and not directly from the manufacturer. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon Renewed. See all Certified Refurbished on Amazon Renewed.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
|Item Dimensions||9.5 x 10.5 x 41 inches|
|Item Weight||14.6 pounds|
|Manufacturer Part Number||RY25CCSTRAIGHT-RB|
|Shipping Weight||23 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Ryobi RY253SS 25cc Straight Shaft 18" Lawn Grass Weed Trimmer 2 Cycle Gas Power
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Cutting width||1,800 in||1,700 in||1,100 in||1,600 in||800 in||1,700 in|
|Item Dimensions||10.5 x 41 x 9.5 in||9 x 70 x 12 in||10 x 63 x 11.5 in||10.75 x 39.75 x 10 in||12.25 x 11.25 x 36.75 in||10.63 x 11.8 x 39 in|
|Item Weight||14.6 lbs||11 lbs||10 lbs||13.8 lbs||14 lbs||14.5 lbs|
Introducing the 2 Cycle Gas Straight Shaft String Ryobi Trimmer with a full crank engine for 2X longer life. This string trimmer accepts RYOBI Expand-It Universal Brand Fit attachments adding versatility to your trimmer. Simply attach an Edger, a blower, or even a tiller to the power head and quickly move from project to project. Save time, save space and save money with the RYOBI Expand-It System. This RYOBI Trimmer makes string head reloads easier with the Reel-Easy String Head; thread your string, twist the head, and resume trimming. Users will experience easier starting with the Zip Start carburetor and included Ethanol Shield 2 Cycle Oil. Backed by a 3 year warranty, trust the RYOBI 2 Cycle Gas Straight Shaft String Trimmer for your outdoor trimming needs. Note: 50:1 Gas to Oil ratio, which is 2.6oz of oil to 1 gallon of gas. Do NOT use E85 gas Please Note: No actual sponge filter is included!
Top customer reviews
Assembly of product (out of Box)- For the most part this is standard-right?, Attach handle, attach string gard, attach the shaft to the powerhead.....
1. The Handle pushes over the shaft and then is "tightened" into place with a bolt /wingnut - THE WINGNUT IS PLASTIC!!?!! YES PLASTIC wingnut ON A BOLT!!?-Really! very hard to get the handle tight enough to keep it from moving!?! If you use pliers on the plastic "wingnut" you will break it!?!!
2. Attach the StringGard - this was okay , no real issues. Yes i actually put the gard on!?!! Unsure on the mounting hardware(but seems ok for now)
3. Attach the "shaft trimmer boom" to the "powerhead" - Wow another weak link!!! (I have owned several of this in the past) The shaft was well oiled and it slide in very easy. The issue came during the tightening of the (Once again) plastic "Knob/hand turn" ....this was really weak and had issues firming up the shaft in place- My other models had the same type of knob in the past (no issues) -BUT THIS PLASTIC KNOB/HAND TURN WAS VERY WEAK AND DID NOT Do ITS JOB WELL!!
Ok ..Now it put together!!......Gas/oil and then use- right....
1. Ryobi does provide mix oil for the gas (thank you -i guess). So i mix the gas and oil and filled up the tank- i found the location of the fuel cap to be is a "nice location". The fuel cap had a piece of plastic broke off of it!! This defect did NOT affect functionality...no leaks.
2.Review the starting directions (the new zip start-stuff).... Followed directions (primed ,so on) and went to start unit...so my first pull was "jerky" and the pull rope only a much shorter distance then i expected!?! Naturally did NOT start..... It took 6 "short jerky" pulls to start unit!! My old unit started on 3 pulls max!!!.....So unit is running and idling well. But the motor is much loader- its internal noise!?!? I do not know if its the "full Crank" noise i am hearing or what- The noise does change with engine rpms- the increased 'noise" almost sounds like poorly lubricated metal on metal. The engine "just doesnt (DOES NOT)seem right". .....Besides the much more noisy engine- it does seem for now to run well - Just seems like this engine is going to fail very soon!?!?!! This is not "powerful engine sounds" it more like "cheap junky engine sounds"!!?!!!
OK on to Usage!?!!
1. The first few cuts were as expected.... (it a trimmer right)... Then came time to bump advance line... the bumb advance was marginal at best!?!! This is factory installed head and string.... Finally got it to advanced couple of times and then proceeded.....About half way thru my yard -the line feed refused to let out more string.....like what the heck!?!! I couldnt even get thru the first preload spool!??! I turn off engine, opened up the string head- I found the installed " super string" ( the new tri braid stuff) was pinched into the roll!? so I got it free and replaced the string cap.... 6 pulls latter (engine still warm) unit starts and I bump it several times and string FINALLY advances out of head!?!! Yard almost completed.....line issues again!!?.....This time , only one line side remain!! the other side is broken short inside head.....Once again I open the head to find this Darn tri string crap pinched/fused to itself in the head!?!! I pulled it free and final pushed it thru the eyelets and finished the trimming the yard!....
The next day went to use it and after 7 pulls it started.....used it for like 2 minutes and string was used up!!! Besides poor yucky line I expected longer use before replacing the string!!?!!
Overall I would not recommend this product.... Questionable build and poor string bump feed
I have only had my trimmer one season and only used it four times and I can't see it lasting through two seasons of use without at least re-straightening and reinforcing the metal shaft.
The second time when this happened again, I decided to try the manufacturer's authorized service provider, which is Northern Tool and Equipment in my area (near Dallas). The manufacturer's automatic phone system pointed me to a store location that's 5 miles from me. When I get to there, however, a lady told me that they didn't have any mechanic in this location and I would have to go to their other location that's more than 25 miles away. The lady also gave me a small piece of paper that has their other store's address and store hour printed. It looks like I'm not the only one being redirected to the other store.
I drove immediately to this 2nd store that's 25 miles away, but when I arrived, I was told their service department only opens 8am to 4 pm Monday through Friday. The little piece of paper I received in the first store does not have this information at all. I was told to leave the trimmer there, fill out a form, pay $35 which is refundable if the work is indeed covered under warranty. I was also told someone will call me. So I did what I was told and left.
The next day, it's 2PM already, no one called me yet, so I decided to call them to get an update. A gentleman named Joe told me that the earliest time I would even get any update is 12-14 business days from the time I dropped it off. What a big surprise!
I'll try as much as I can to avoid Ryobi in the future.