Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Lawn and Garden Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Ryobi RY253SS 25cc Straight Shaft 18" Lawn Grass Weed Trimmer 2 Cycle Gas Power
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Durable full crankshaft engine for increased reliability and life
- Easily handles outdoor trimming needs for a manicured look
- Works with Expand-It attachments, turns trimmer into many tools
- Attachment capable: accepts universal brand fit attachments
- Straight shaft for extended reach around and under obstacles
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Husqvarna 128LD 17" Cutting Path Detachable Gas String Trimmer
CRAFTSMAN V20 String Trimmer / Edger (CMCST910M1)
WORX WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12" Cordless String Trimmer & Edger, 12in
BLACK+DECKER Trimmer Line, 30-Foot, 0.065-Inch, 3-Pack (AF1003ZP)
Husqvarna 129C 17" Cutting Path Gas String Trimmer,Orange
|Sold By||Shop and Save LLC||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||SHENZHEN FOSOSI TRADE CO., LIMITED||Amazon.com|
|Cutting Width||1800 inches||1700 inches||—||1200 inches||—||17 inches|
|Item Dimensions||11.50 x 24.00 x 18.00 inches||12.20 x 10.25 x 40.00 inches||44.50 x 6.87 x 10.12 inches||36.30 x 7.50 x 5.50 inches||3.25 x 2.50 x 2.50 inches||62.50 x 11.00 x 11.50 inches|
|Power Source||gasoline-powered||gas-powered||Battery Powered||battery-powered||Battery Powered||Gas Powered|
This RYOBI 2-cycle gas straight shaft string trimmer features a full crank engine that creates 2X longer life. Accepting RYOBI expand-it universal brand fit attachments, this string trimmer offers versatile operating function, allowing you to save time, space and money. Simply attach an edger, blower or even a tiller to the power head and quickly move from project to project. RYOBI makes string head reloads easier with the reel-easy string head, thread your string, twist the head and resume trimming.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Starting my 2nd summer with this trimmer and cranked it up no issues and still working as it should. Highly recommend
This is a completely left handed trimmer and no where on the package or writings does it say so. If you're right handed, you'll have to learn how to be left handed. Buy shin guards while you're at it...
Assembly of product (out of Box)- For the most part this is standard-right?, Attach handle, attach string gard, attach the shaft to the powerhead.....
1. The Handle pushes over the shaft and then is "tightened" into place with a bolt /wingnut - THE WINGNUT IS PLASTIC!!?!! YES PLASTIC wingnut ON A BOLT!!?-Really! very hard to get the handle tight enough to keep it from moving!?! If you use pliers on the plastic "wingnut" you will break it!?!!
2. Attach the StringGard - this was okay , no real issues. Yes i actually put the gard on!?!! Unsure on the mounting hardware(but seems ok for now)
3. Attach the "shaft trimmer boom" to the "powerhead" - Wow another weak link!!! (I have owned several of this in the past) The shaft was well oiled and it slide in very easy. The issue came during the tightening of the (Once again) plastic "Knob/hand turn" ....this was really weak and had issues firming up the shaft in place- My other models had the same type of knob in the past (no issues) -BUT THIS PLASTIC KNOB/HAND TURN WAS VERY WEAK AND DID NOT Do ITS JOB WELL!!
Ok ..Now it put together!!......Gas/oil and then use- right....
1. Ryobi does provide mix oil for the gas (thank you -i guess). So i mix the gas and oil and filled up the tank- i found the location of the fuel cap to be is a "nice location". The fuel cap had a piece of plastic broke off of it!! This defect did NOT affect functionality...no leaks.
2.Review the starting directions (the new zip start-stuff).... Followed directions (primed ,so on) and went to start unit...so my first pull was "jerky" and the pull rope only a much shorter distance then i expected!?! Naturally did NOT start..... It took 6 "short jerky" pulls to start unit!! My old unit started on 3 pulls max!!!.....So unit is running and idling well. But the motor is much loader- its internal noise!?!? I do not know if its the "full Crank" noise i am hearing or what- The noise does change with engine rpms- the increased 'noise" almost sounds like poorly lubricated metal on metal. The engine "just doesnt (DOES NOT)seem right". .....Besides the much more noisy engine- it does seem for now to run well - Just seems like this engine is going to fail very soon!?!?!! This is not "powerful engine sounds" it more like "cheap junky engine sounds"!!?!!!
OK on to Usage!?!!
1. The first few cuts were as expected.... (it a trimmer right)... Then came time to bump advance line... the bumb advance was marginal at best!?!! This is factory installed head and string.... Finally got it to advanced couple of times and then proceeded.....About half way thru my yard -the line feed refused to let out more string.....like what the heck!?!! I couldnt even get thru the first preload spool!??! I turn off engine, opened up the string head- I found the installed " super string" ( the new tri braid stuff) was pinched into the roll!? so I got it free and replaced the string cap.... 6 pulls latter (engine still warm) unit starts and I bump it several times and string FINALLY advances out of head!?!! Yard almost completed.....line issues again!!?.....This time , only one line side remain!! the other side is broken short inside head.....Once again I open the head to find this Darn tri string crap pinched/fused to itself in the head!?!! I pulled it free and final pushed it thru the eyelets and finished the trimming the yard!....
The next day went to use it and after 7 pulls it started.....used it for like 2 minutes and string was used up!!! Besides poor yucky line I expected longer use before replacing the string!!?!!
Overall I would not recommend this product.... Questionable build and poor string bump feed