Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now
Customer Discussions > The Little Willies forum

S. Heyworth review

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 12, 2006 10:07:20 AM PDT
Jim Kroon says:
I'm not sure what S. Heyworth means by: "Roly Poly" (Fred Rose Cover, Hank Williams popularized). I'm pretty sure "Roly Poly" was "popularized" by Bob Wills and his vocalist Tommy Duncan.

Also - I don't quite know how to say this diplomatically - I don't care for Nora Jones. I had a couple of her original albums and gave them away. I just think she is highly overated and - well - booring.

I have been a Bob Wills/Tommy Duncan/Hank Williams fan from waaay back and no one can do their music justice. I recently purchased a vinyl album of Ray Price doing Bob Wills songs and even that was not even close to Bob Wills quality. And I like Ray Price.

I understand that some of these people are simply trying to honor other artists by performing their music but I guess it is normal to feel a little "umbrage" when someone you dislike performs one of your favorite artists music.

I agree with Janani Raman.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Little Willies forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  May 12, 2006
Latest post:  May 12, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Little Willies/ Little Willies
Little Willies/ Little Willies by The Little Willies (Unknown Binding)
4.0 out of 5 stars (92)