Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: S4Gear LockDownX Binocular Harness (Realtree Camo) for use with binoculars by Leupold,Nikon,Swarovski,Bushnell,Canon etc
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on April 28, 2014
I had written a review but now that I've taken them out hiking, I'm changing it. It's fantastic to be able to be hands free yet have easy access to the binoculars sitting in the harness. The safety strap that attaches to either side is excellent; I don't have to worry about dropping them. The top of the case is hard and waterproof. I was in the rain for over 4 hours and not only did the top of the binoculars stay dry but the sides too. The waist straps really help cinch it tight to keep the bottom of the case from moving around. The one downside is that these are NOT made for smaller framed people. I'm 5'2", medium weight and I can't shorten up the shoulder straps enough to keep the top of the case from flopping around. And when they're shortened up for the little distance they have to be shortened, they don't hold but lengthen themselves back out. I emailed the company and said how great these are but I can't shorten them enough on the shoulder straps but they never responded. I was hoping they'd give me some ideas on what small framed people do to make them fit.
5/6/14: I'm editing my review after doing much searching on harnesses. This is the best quality there is, with all the extras mentioned above. None I found anywhere measure up to the quality of this one. My solution for the shoulder straps not shortening enough for smaller frame is to double over the strap and use large safety pins from underneath where they aren't seen: perfect fit now. Now the straps stay shortened.
on January 4, 2013
I have a pair of Steiner 12x56 Nighthunter binoculars that I bought years ago for hunting, birdwatching and spotting for target shooting. This is a fantastic pair of binoculars, but very large and heavy. The S4 Gear Lockdown X Bino Harness looks and works great with my Steiner Binoculars, allowing me to carry them hands free while hiking through heavy brush. The Lockdown X harness is very well made and not only carries my binoculars securely, but allows me to quickly and easily deploy them for use. Strongly recommend this product as it does all that it claims and does it well!
on June 5, 2013
I was looking for something that would be lightweight and would hold my binoculars. This was exactly what I was looking for and more! With it being adjustable, I can wear it in the summer time on hikes, over my PFD when kayaking or over my fall/winter clothing when hunting or snowshoeing. Quite excited to get outdoors and start using it.
on May 10, 2013
This binocular harness is ideal for my Bushnell Legend HD binoculars. The harness was extremely easy to fit to my body as well as my binoculars. I wore the harness all day (for 12 hours) with extreme comfort. The binoculars didn't bounce around on my chest like other harnesses that I have used. Another nice quality is you can adjust the harness so the binoculars rest on your stomach or higher on your chest.

The only thing that I didn't like about the harness was their was no side cover preventing debris from getting on top of one or both of the lenses as I was walking through the woods.

This product is extremely well built, higher quality and durable material. I highly recommend this product.
on November 22, 2013
Used it elk hunting in the Colorado Rockies all above 10k on foot and ATV. Loved it. The cover for the binos was great especially when it started snowing. Easy to adjust and fit well both on the harness and around the binoculars. I really liked the webbed back. Well made and functional item.
on November 20, 2013
S4 Lockdown Binocular harness is great. Protects lenses while moving through the woods and prevents binoculars from dangling and swinging when crouching. Also prevent binoculars from catching on ladder rungs when descending from a tree stand. Best harness I have ever used.
on May 29, 2016
I have EL 8.5x42 W B by SWAROVSKI and they fit perfectly. Keeps my binocular close to my chest even when not secured by the cover. Removed my eyepiece lens cover and my objective lens covers since they are no longer need since the holder cover them when it it closed. No more bending down and having the binocular swing away from me and get in the way when I am try to reach for something or taking a picture from a real low angle.
on January 20, 2015
bought this for leupold binos, they fit fine. Easy to adjust where you want the binos to hang, found that running the waist straps through the belt loops really keeps the binos right where you set them.
on November 7, 2014
This harness is easy to put on and keeps my binoculars ready and out of the way. It is well constructed. The storage flap could be a little bigger for my full sized binoculars but it still works well.
on August 17, 2016
Was great at 1st but always had to adjust the straps. The bungies didn't last a full season where they mount to the strap the cheap loops pulled apart from the start. Would not recomend. I am currently looking for a different brand