Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SABRENT SC-NVA5 Wired Color Mini CCTV Security Camera, Silver
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on June 23, 2014
I am using this camera at work and it was extremely easy to setup. The video quality is not great but it is what I expected it to be for a low budget security camera.

It took about 2 mins to set it up and text if it works on the tv and vcr player I have available. Everything went smoothly with the exception of the vcr input ports on the back being messed up.

If I had a nanny, or needed an extra pair of eyes at work, I would highly recommend getting a few of these cameras instead of an expensive type.

The only I wanted that this cam does not offer is IP viewing of video feed, but I know that wont be available at this price point.
on September 4, 2014
Product works well, I plugged it into the RCA connector on the back of the television and it worked right off the bat. Video quality isn't magnificent, though I wasn't really concerned too much with video quality when I was shopping for a cheapy plug 'n go video camera. The camera itself is quite small, which is good for my intentions. I haven't thoroughly tested the night vision capabilities, though the six infrared LEDs should be sufficient to light up a room in the dark. Overall, a good product.
on March 5, 2015
Shipping was fast 3 days. I picked up a few of these to do a little security around the house It's really tiny perfect for a window by the front door . Now I can see how is knocking at the door without even getting up. I would definitely recommend this product if you want some extra security around the house or the office it's a fun camera to work with. the picture isn't that great but what do you expect for the price. it does pick up sound and the sound quality is perfect . the night vision sucks you have to be about 3 to 5 inches away from the camera in order to really see anything. but for daytime purposes it's perfect.
on December 4, 2014
My husband has used this to rig up a baby monitor for the car. It wires to a small monitor he put in the front near the car stereo. This has been a great camera for the price and has worked well for about 2 months now. We'll see how well it holds up over time.
on March 21, 2015
picture and build quality are good for the price, but installation is a pain. you will need a phillips screwdriver just a hair bigger than typical jewelers' to take out the side screws in order to use the mounting bracket. even so, a good camera. please note, you are not looking at a high def cam, but the image is pretty good. as best i can tell from documentation, it can be used outdoors as long it does not get rained on.
interesting side note: watching traffic on the highway at night shows ghost images of headlights (my other cams don't). for my purposes, in a covered environment, i would buy this again.
on May 21, 2015
I live in an RV and in order to protect my privacy, have installed window coverings that by their nature afford very little visibility from the inside out, as well but this little camera completely solves that problem. No bigger than a nine volt battery, you can put it just about anywhere and it just seems to escape notice. It plugs right into the A/V jacks on your TV or other device and the supplied cables are fairly lengthy so as long as you have an electrical outlet nearby, you can place it some distance away from the feed. The video range is a great deal wider than you'd expect, the microphone comes through loud and clear and the picture quality is amazing, although the night vision is very sensitive to glare and can tend to distort or simply reflect scenes that are directly lit. For example: although this is an indoor camera, I have placed it just outside one of the top windows, under the eave of my camper because if I put it up against the pane on the inside looking out, it generates a crystal clear picture of the area BEHIND it, reflecting off the glass as if it were a mirror. This little thing has many additional uses, I'm sure but as far as security/surveillance goes, the ability it has afforded me to be aware of who's outside my door doing what has really eased my mind and in my opinion, you just really can't top it for the price.
on September 14, 2014
This is from sabrent a company I have bought products from before. They make disk drive enclosures. You will notice multiple sellers with similar appearing cameras. Did buy specifically due to name. Camera worked briefly, image looked cloudy then failed to all color bars within 5 minutes. On inspection, the screws on the side of the bracket literally fell out. It looks of decent quality initially but didn't hold up. Came with 9v battery dongle and power supply which was helpful as it's an unusual voltage. Gonna avoid this design all together. Returned as amazon prime customer.
on June 14, 2015
Works fine. Using it in a birdhouse. Bird isn't sure about it, bird keeps checking it out. Very good focus. (if birds had eyelashes, you see them) Color not vivid, but that may be the leds, it's bright enough, maybe too bright....not having any tech issues.... Works good for the price, color is better looking out of the bird box. I recommend it!
on September 15, 2014
Fast shipping and worked great. Good video and sound easily connected to a TV set with component jacks. This camera is fitted with 6 info-red lights for night vision. It works well as close as 12 inches and out to infinity. I order a second as a spare.
on January 16, 2015
Much pleased with this item. Many possibilities . Wish I had a wiring diagram so I don't have to take it apart as I have a need to turn off the night vision lights as I wish to hook this up to a telescope. k3ecd