- "Primed Charge is a refreshing combination of action and humanity. What makes Primed Charge different is JT's relentless reminder that the characters living in is world are just people. They are people with families, imperfections, worries, and hopes. People are the mortar holding all the weapons, operations, issues and groups together. I appreciate a thriller that is more than just thrilling.
-Joe Goldberg, Former CIA officer, Best Selling Author, SecretWars: An Espionage Story
- "JT Patten's spy thriller is one of few novels actually written by an intelligence professional--and it shows in his details. From an understanding of regional conflicts, special activities, to global locations, Primed Charge was an amazing read."
-Former Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) and formerDirector of Intelligence, Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC)
- "Chillingly written...One thing is certain, the author has a massive heart. J.T. is addicted to the rush of writing that his passionate soul is drawn to...and has managed among all the machinations in the world of espionage, black ops, war games, the CIA, to get one to care about what happens in the life of Sean Havens."
-Best Selling Crime Thrillers Review Rating 4 stars!
- WARNING: J.T. Patten is one of those guys who has been there and done that, and Primed Charge is his blood spattered T-shirt. This is a det cord burning, C-4 blasting, hollow point to the cranial vault kind of thriller. So if you are looking for something cute to take to your book club, I suggest you cross the street, and avoid eye contact when you see Primed Chargecoming. But if you are looking for a book that will have you stuffing a loaded .45 under your pillow, give it a read.
-Josh Hood, Bestselling author, Clear by Fire, former 82nd Airborne
- "SAFE HAVENS: Primed Charge cements J.T. Patten's seat with today's top thriller authors. In Patten's latest black ops novel, he continues to demonstrate his knowledge of the shadow world and an ability to craft a heartfelt story of warriors, their families, and global threats."
-Bob Mayer, NY Times Bestselling author, publisher, former GreenBeret
- "Primed Charge reads like a throwback to when action movies didn't suck. Patten covers far more than just the various missions and operations Sean Havens embarks on, and is careful to also include plenty of details into his hero's life away from the action. The ability to show a middle-aged operative in the heat of battle one minute and at home raising his child the next is evidence of Patten's depth as a writer. Having grown leaps and bounds since the release of his first novel, J.T. Patten, with his penchant for been-there-done-that authenticity, remains an author to watch closely."
-Ryan the Rappologist, The Real Book Spy
- "J.T. Patten has walked the walk and it shows in his newest novel, Primed Charge. The book starts with a bang and never lets up. But its the little things that make the read so enjoyable from the spot on gear to perfect lingo. With each turn of the page, I had to--again--remind myself the story was fiction."
-Kevin Maurer, award-winning journalist and best selling co-author ofNo Easy Day, a first hand account of the raid to kill Osama bin Laden
From the Author
I write fictional stories that exist in the world of characters who work the shadows of black operations. That story contains a mix of espionage, some conspiracy. It's a fantasy blend of a lot of things, including military and war. Some liberties have been taken with historical events and personalities. Great strides have been taken to avoid sensitive disclosure.
A lot of readers probably won't know what black ops really entail. After all, it's classified, it's compartmentalized, or it's disavowed. Fewer than one percentof the population has such access. I'm not sharing that access, but do share the reality that the cloaked world isn't a cool fun place with rainbows and unicorns, with happy endings and where things fit nicely into "correctness." It can be soulless, violent, cruel, vulgar, frightening, and have an element of moral ambiguity. Just like my book. It is what it is.
However, if you look deep enough, which I encourage you to do, you will see into the heart, soul, comradery, and trust of these shadow warriors and their families who sacrifice everything for a duty, a belief--and a hope--that they are doing the right thing in their silent service jobs. For themselves. For you.
So, if you want to take a peek into the world of the "black" and the often vulnerable everyday heroes within, follow me and let me show you a seemingly realistic place that rings with authenticity and that few will ever travel to. Those who have simply can't share the actual details but can share a sense of the emotion and conflicts of values.
We live in a dangerous world. Sometimes in order for a nation to thrive or survive, unspeakable things must happen. If you understand that ... welcome inside. If not, no worries, take a pass and find a novel that is less dark. Don't dip a toe in the morass hoping for a white towel to clean yourself. Because someone, somewhere, in some shadow is walking into the black so you can have such luxuries of keeping clean far and away.
Sean Havens is such a man. I just tell his tale.