|Item Weight||34.9 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||44 x 9.9 x 28.3 inches|
|Item model number||UN50TU8000FXZA|
|Specification Met||Energy Star|
4 Year Television Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
SAMSUNG 50-inch Class Crystal UHD TU-8000 Series - 4K UHD HDR Smart TV with Alexa Built-in (UN50TU8000FXZA, 2020 Model)
|Mounting Type||Can be wall mounted|
|Connections||Wireless, Bluetooth, USB, Ethernet, HDMI|
About this item
- Crystal processor 4K: This ultra-fast processor transforms everything you watch into stunning 4K.
- Multi voice: Smart TV with Alexa and Bixby.
- Smart TV powered by Tizen: Go beyond Smart TV with next-gen apps, super easy control, and a host of enhancements that elevate the TV watching experience.
- HDR: Unveils shades of color you can't find on HDTV.
- Crystal display: Experience crystal clear colors that are fine-tuned to deliver a naturally crisp and vivid picture.
- Alexa built-in: Ask more from your TV. Just ask Alexa to open apps, change the channel, search for movies and shows, play music, control your smart home devices and more. To talk to Alexa, press and hold the mic button on your remote.
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Experience movies & shows on a stunning 4K UHD TV
Experience your favorite movies and shows on a vibrant, stunning 4K UHD screen, using the Universal Guide to surf smoothly and select content. Everything you watch is automatically upscaled into 4K for stunningly vivid color and detail.
More from Samsung
¹Screen images simulated
²Feature availability may vary by game console.
³Actual product may differ from image shown. This feature does not apply for 43" model.
⁴Remote color and design may vary by model.
⁵2019 Disney and its related entities.
⁶Content services may vary by regions and are subject to change without notifications.
⁷Bixby voice command recognizes English (U.S.), Mandarin Chinese and Korean. Not all accents, dialects and expressions are recognized. The list of features that can be controlled by voice commands via Bixby will continue to expand. Mobile functionality compatible with Samsung Galaxy 8 series or higher with Bixby function. Samsung account log-in and data network (Wi-Fi or internet connection) required to fully operate Bixby features.
⁸This service may not yet be available at the time of purchase of this product.
⁹Varies by screen size
¹⁰49" Motion Rate 120
Experience your favorite movies and shows on a vibrant, stunning 4K UHD screen, using the Universal Guide to surf smoothly and select content. Everything you watch is automatically upscale into 4K for stunningly vivid color and detail.Power Supply (V): AC110-120V 50/60Hz
On-mode power consumption
Visible screen diagonal
50" / 127 cm
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- The thin frame looks nice.
Cons: - The TV does not get very bright and it's quite reflective, so it's not good for daytime watching.
- The smart interface software is so bad that it crashes and freezes on a daily basis.
- The voice control for the remote doesn't even work as you would expect it would, for example: inputting searches on AppleTV do not work with the Voice input.
- The remote has no backlight and the buttons have no distinguishing features and a few of the buttons are completely useless. For example: there's no button for the TV settings, in order to get to the TV Settings you just hit the Home Button and then Click Left SIX TIMES, passing an advertisement every single time, yet I have some completely useless multi-color input button and an ambient mode button, both of which I'll never use.
- The advertisements that pop up when you hit the home button are permanent. That is so annoying, why did I PAY to see advertisements every single time I use my TV?
- The inputs on the back are impossible to use if you wall mount the TV unless you remove the TV from the wall, even for the USB inputs, one of the HDMI ports even points towards the wall so I can't even plug anything into it unless I buy a 90 degree HDMI cable.
Honestly, I did not expect a TV designed in 2020 to be anywhere near this bad. By far the worst "Con" is the smart interface crashing, freezing and updating on a regular basis. I'm really hoping this is only due to the fact that this is a brand new TV, but even if that's fixed I would still only be rating this TV as maybe a 3/5. As it stands however, I'm seriously considering returning this thing because it's so frustrating.
This has lead to a lot of "I didn't know this was 60 fps when I bought it but I can't tell" because it is actually 120 if 55" or larger.
Hope this helps, look up the stats elsewhere.
Besides this the tv is great, the colors are amazing compared to a normal tv but the RU8000 has a deeper color palette. Basically this is the economy version of the RU8000 but performs very well. It does very well, maybe even the best in it's class for 4k. The input lag is very low so this could be used for gaming very easily. The gaming mode actually scores better than the movie picture mode in most reviews. The initial settings will need to be tweaked to run this at it's full potential. Just look up online the best setting than your good to go. After being optimized this tv scored a 9.0 for 4k TV's, pre-optimized settings it scored a 7.9
I only have a couple of minor complaints overall about the TV. The first is that I'm not really a fan of the modern style "minimalist" remote. Call me old fashioned, but I would prefer to have a number pad, especially when using the built-in Spectrum TV app to watch my cable TV channels. But if it really bothers me that much I assume I could probably buy a universal remote to use with the TV
My other minor complaint is that I don't really like the "stand" that came with the TV. My old Samsung TV had a really nice swivel stand that allowed me to turn the TV from side to side, depending on where in the room I was sitting. This TV only has 2 "feet" for a stand, so no swiveling of the TV is really possible. Here again, I can probably remedy this by buying an after-market universal TV stand that will swivel if I want to.
Overall I am very satisfied with this TV and would definitely recommend it. At under $400 it's a very good value.