|Item Weight||10.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5.6 x 2.2 x 5.7 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||SC9120B|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Holes||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
First Alert SC9120B Hardwire Combination Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Battery Backup
|Price:||$35.00 & FREE Shipping|
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Estimate is for installation of 1 detector
- Installing customer-supplied mounting plate
- Running wiring to mounting location
- Wiring alarm and attaching to mounting plate
- Installing backup batteries as needed and testing device
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Superior carbon monoxide sensor and dual ionization smoke alarm
- Inter-connectable with BRK and First Alert hardwired smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Easy to install universal mount bracket
- Simple to use silence/test button; separate smoke and CO latching alarm indicators
- 9-volt battery included; 7-year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Quick plug-in power connector for easy installation. 120-volt AC inter-connectable with BRK and First Alert hardwired smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
Smoke & Carbon Monoxide
This 2-in-1 combination smoke detector provides protection against both smoke and carbon monoxide. Combining the best of both for your safety.
Battery backup will help ensure your alarm is working during power outages. 9V battery included.
This alarm comes equipped with a mute button that serves the dual purpose of quickly silencing your alarm as well as testing its function.
Compare to similar items
This item First Alert SC9120B Hardwire Combination Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Battery Backup
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Express Electric||Amazon.com||G Stone||ESL Supply||ESL Supply||ESL Supply|
|Size||1 Pack||1 Pack||Pack of 2||—||2 Pack||6 Pack|
.Superior carbon monoxide sensor and dual ionization smoke alarm|Inter-connectable with BRK and First Alert hardwired smoke and carbon monoxide alarms|Easy to install universal mount bracket|Simple to use silence/test button; separate smoke and CO latching alarm indicators|9-volt battery included; 7-year limited warranty
The BRK hardwire combination smoke and carbon monoxide alarm detects two hazards with one simple unit. Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, deadly gas. It can be emitted by sources including gas or oil furnaces, gas clothes dryers, water heaters, fireplaces, wood stoves, charcoal grills, gas ranges, and space heaters. A clogged chimney, improper venting, and attached garages can also cause carbon monoxide accumulation. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), at least one CO alarm should be installed near a home's sleeping area.
The BRK SC9120 hardwire combination smoke and CO alarm with battery backup includes these features:
- Quick plug-in power connector for easy installation.
- 120-volt AC inter-connectable (with maximum 18 compatible devices). The alarm can be interconnected with up to 12 other compatible smoke alarms and six compatible devices like bells, horns, repeaters and door closers. If one unit triggers an alarm, all smoke alarms in the series will sound. Power indicators show which unit in the series initiated the alarm.
- Ionization sensor which is more effective at detecting flaming fires which consume combustible materials rapidly and spread quickly.
- Microprocessor controlled for fewer nuisance alarms.
- Single test/silence button which both silences a non-threatening alarm or low battery warning and allows you to test the unit's functionality.
- Automatically performs internal test of functionality.
- Latching alarm indicator which automatically identifies which unit initiated the alarm.
- Separate smoke and carbon monoxide visual and audible warnings.
- Battery drawer lock and mounting bracket lock for tamper resistance.
- AC power indicator and alarm indicator light.
- Low battery warning "chirp" and missing battery tab.
- 9-volt battery backup for peace of mind during power outages.
What's in the Box
One combination smoke and CO alarm, one 9-volt battery, and user's manual
Top customer reviews
For Carbon Monoxide I ordered the Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM Battery-Operated Carbon Monoxide Alarm and so far it's working great. It has a backplate to mount it on a wall and a digital display which is nicer for monitoring then just having an alarm.
I replaced the 120V system with these new CO/Smoke alarms. It is an easy change as they are a direct bolt on to the utility box where the power comes in.
We now have CO/Smoke with a battery backup on each floor.
The CO is REALLY important; it can kill you and your family with no warning. You just die in your sleep.
Reason enough and these are nice units. They have a dim green light within so you can see they are "up" all the time.
Get them it is a no briainer!
The average home should have less than 5 parts per million but gas stoves gives off about 15ppm where OSHA says less than 50ppm is generally safe. When it goes above 10,000 ppm, 2 to 3 breaths will make you unconscious and be dead in 3 minutes. This is serious stuff so have a couple back up alarms placed high in the house because CO gas rises.
Tips I've heard from experts is that nearby vents, CFL lighting, paint, dust, can all contribute to the CO alarm to go off and using a cool hair blower or small vacuum around the base of the alarm can fix the false alarms. The top opening where it says "Do Not Paint" is where the sound comes out, don't blow air through there but blow the bottom opening around the alarm.
My recommendation is to buy the regular 9210 smoke alarm ONLY for $10. Save the money and invest in a couple battery operated digital display CO alarms and place it high next to ceiling for a peace of mind. SC9120B does have a 7 year warranty, you can call the consumer affairs at 1800-323-9005 to ask for replacement by talking nicely to the agents.
Superior carbon monoxide sensor and dual ionization smoke alarm
• Inter-connectable with BRK and First Alert hardwired smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
• Easy to install universal mount bracket
• Simple to use silence/test button; separate smoke and CO latching alarm indicators
• 9-volt battery included; 7-year limited warranty
This is the second time I’ve had to replace this CO detector in less 3 years. The first one failed at about 1 year and 9 months (reasonable I guess). The problem is I’m committed to this product because I’ve spent the time to wire my home and the $ to fit the loop with 8 detectors (5 fire and 2 additional CO/Fire).
I’ve had no problem with the Fire detectors, just the CO. I’m not certain if it is a shelf-life issue that the company is aware of, or if this is just typical of CO detectors.
If I were to start over, I’d spend more time researching this ‘CO detector life’ issue before I committed to a specific brand/manufacturer. It may be common among all CO detectors or unique to First Alert. Although it may be possible to mix and match manufacturer’s detectors, the First Alert literature warns against – so once you commit to a system, you’re stuck.
As far as the company goes, to say I’m disappointed is an understate – they should at least have the courtesy to respond/reply. I highly encourage you to find another vendor to purchase from.