- File Size: 2096 KB
- Print Length: 422 pages
- Publication Date: June 21, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01HFFPC2I
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #40,567 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$15.99|
Save $12.74 (80%)
SCARS Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 422 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
|Similar books to SCARS|
"Children of Blood and Bone"
Tomi Adeyemi conjures a stunning world of dark magic and danger in her West African-inspired fantasy debut. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. WHO was the girl in the kitchen at the party detaining Max? Max didn't know her and had never seen her before so it couldn't have been Charlotte...we're never told.
2. WHY was it necessary to attempt to eliminate Lily's family? Money...yes I know...but...Why such extreme measures? Is it simply because someone's a psycho-butt?
3. WHY did Lily blame J in the end for anything? I mean, she's supposed to be so smart; can't she figure this out and see it for what it is?
4. WHERE was Charlotte living...where did she get her money. And J....how did he support himself when he didn't have a job yet was able to rent a car, travel to California, buy flowers, rent a tux, install AV equipment/camera's, and spend his days stalking, etc. (??!?)
5. Kids slip through the Foster System all the time, but the blatant sexual abuse inflicted upon our hero and family was above and beyond realistic.
6. J was in Juvenile Detention...not prison. You don't get the kind of tattoos he had in Juvie. You don't get put in solitary confinement in Juvie...not for two weeks...and you don't have a parole officer three years later. You don't have a parole officer at all...it's a counsellor you report to.
I didn't realize this story was about kids for crying out loud!...17, 18 and 20 y/o kids! <shaking my head>...I really don't know what prompted me to purchase this book...maybe it was a freebie, I dunno because I downloaded it 9 months ago and I've slept since them. The story is predictable and the writing is good.
When you read the blurb of Scars, you think "oh, yea, this is going to be another of the same type of book." Wrong. I was so wrong and I'm glad I took the time to read it.
Lily has it all. She comes from a good, well off family. Her parents are together and in love. She's close to her sister and they don't want for anything. But Lily always felt a little off...
Enter SMIHG (you'll understand those letters of you read the book) guy. He's mysterious, sexy, smells divine, but he's out for revenge... Can the girl he watches change such a damaged soul?
Whew, my emotions went through the ringer with this book! I both loved and loathed SMIHG. I may have even seriously lusted after him! If you're looking for something fresh, this is the book for you!
There are dark themes and triggers in the book. You've been warned.
This one was all at once mysterious, sexy, angst-filled, depraved and then sweet and light with hints of darkness. I didn't see what was coming at the climax but figured out a few of the players before the crushing reveal...and it was a very interesting story indeed.
I can't wait to read the next book because I have an idea what was in the bag...and want to see if I'm right!
**** 4 **** "he would always be there to watch over her" stars