- "From its hallucinatory opening to its savage climactic exorcism, SCAVENGERS brews up a heady mix of Peckinpah-like western surrealism, genuine folklore, and non-stop action. More fun than losing your pineal gland to an Apache medicine man!"
- -- D.J. Butler, author of WITCHY EYE
- "David J. West has created a fascinating and fun amalgam of fact and fiction," -- Dr. Michael R. Collings
- "combines an excellent prose style with a brilliant imagination to give us a solid collection of wonderful stories," -- W. H. Pugmire
- "a strong voice in the field of Sword & Sorcery. His work is evocative, featuring deftly drawn characters, exotic locales and energetic tale spinning." -- Bruce Durham
- "Make no mistake, West is a talented writer," -- Meridian Magazine
- "and he just keeps getting better," -- Amazing Stories