Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on September 11, 2012
I own a small bakery and use apple peelers at least once a week on at least 30 apples each time. This particular peeler has two problems that vex me. One: It doesn't have the plastic washers that cushion the screw, resulting in black powder scraped off the screw and onto your counter, hand, etc. Previous peelers I've used have had those plastic washers come loose and that's not great either but I'll take the eventual entropy over the metal powder that happens each and every time! Two: The corer isn't strong enough to simply pull back the screw and pop off the core. If you try it, it'll bend the blade. It's frustrating to try to find a good, well-made apple peeler. Some of them didn't have a strong enough suction cup. Some were flimsy or couldn't be adjusted to slice correctly. I'm going to buy a different brand and, again, hope for the best.
on August 3, 2011
I read every review on every peeler/slicer/corer on Amazon and held my breath when I bought this one. I'm very happy with this unit. No fiddling, no adjustments to make, etc. Just put the apple on straight (very important) and turn the handle. A few seconds later you have a very well peeled, sliced and cored apple. (Slices are about 3/16" to 1/4" of an inch each.) I would like to be able to adjust it to a bit thicker for pies, but for just eating apple slices and drying them, it's perfect. It does have a little trouble staying stuck to our tile in the kitchen, but I didn't think it would have a chance anyway. Depending on where we put it, it can stay stuck very well with the suction cup if we fine just the right tile with as few hills and valleys as possible. On granite or other smooth surface, I'm sure it'll stick like glue. It was more expensive than most, but it flat works and that's what matters.
on August 27, 2012
The item wasn't of the quality that I expected to receive. It is more of a toy than a kitchen workhorse. Apples must be perfect and even then the peeler skips, misses, gouges the apple. It will only peel the round center; not out toward the ends. My husband and I spent quite a bit of time adjusting the unit as described in the instructions but were not able to make it work satisfactorily. I'm comparing it to an apple peeler/corer/slicer made by Kitchen Collection that has been a workhorse in my kitchen for over 15 years and finally wore out. Sadly, Kitchen Collection must be out of business because I cannot find another. In the picture this looks like the same unit, but it is not. The parts are not as substantial. The cutting head is poorly designed. The base didn't adhere easily to the counter. It simply won't do the job.

One good thing. The slices are a little thicker than my old unit. Perfect size for dehydrating, applesauce and pies.
on March 10, 2012
Wow!! I had very little faith in this thing, but after hearing how well the one worked that my parents had, I figured I'd try it. Only problem with ours, is we have to really put a lot of pressure on it to make the suction work on our counter top. Other than that, it's great! Nice, even slices and does a great job peeling. Be careful though, it's tempting to pick it up by the slicing blade - I didn't even realize it was a sharp blade until after I'd picked it up and almost cut myself. There's noting to protect you from it.
on November 12, 2011
I have had several of these kinds of apple peelers over the years, of varying quality. This one does seem to function well, which is what I needed. However, many of the components are made of plastic, which I did not expect, and it was also shown as green and delivered as red.
on October 28, 2013
The apple corer/peeler/slicer that I purchased is one of the best investments I ever made! It works great. In fact I loaned it to a friend who was making apple pies and sauce,I didnt think I was going to get it back!
on November 24, 2012
if you do anything with apples this is the thing to have. my first apple peeler. and i peeled a bag of apples in less than 2 minutes. does great. i always hated peeling apples and don't like the peel in pies, now i can make them easily.
on August 24, 2014
Works very well. Cuts rounded slices. Overall good product for the price. A little hard to clean though. 👍🍏
on July 15, 2013
whoever invented these are the boss. my kids love it, they can have fun peeling and slicing and coring their apples, makes them wanna eat more healthy.
on January 7, 2014
Thank you for asking this apple peeler/corer/slicer is awesome.I wish i bought it a long long time ago.I love it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.