Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

TOP 100 REVIEWERon July 26, 2016
Looks aren't everything...thank goodness!

I bought this for my wife (she asked for one or was actually planning on buying one, it wasn't an elaborate scheme to get her to make more cakes...or was it ;) ).

The first thing that I thought when I opened the day's package was "Did they forget to pack this??" As it comes just like the picture shows. It looks like a huge cheese cutter (might try as such and report back bags).

As far as the way it works, it works pretty good on cupcakes and a small cake so far but I do worry about the product endurance (I.E. Breaking). If this dulls or breaks I will be sure to update my rating. Since it was inexpensive and does what it says/what we need it to, I'm rating it a 4. Try it if you need it and someone let me know if it works on a bit block of cheese :)
review imagereview image
4 people found this helpful
on March 31, 2013
I made a full cake recipe in a square spring-form pan and used the cake slicer to cut the cake into thirds. It was quick and easy to use. There are notches on the sides to help make sure the wire is at the same level on both sides. I cut the bottom third first, then raised the wire and made the second cut. It made a clean cut through the cake. Since each slice was thin, I used two long spatulas to move the slices.

Pros:
Tall enough to fit over a tall cake.
Cuts through the cake easily. (I used a little bit of a sawing motion as I sliced)
Slices are uniform

Cons:
Can't think of any, but I have only used it once

Summary:
I recommend this product. I wish I had bought one a long time ago. I will probably never serve simple two-layer cakes again. I plan on making extra icing and slicing all my cakes in the future.
14 people found this helpful
on April 17, 2017
Works great just be sure to chill your cake before slicing into it with the slicer!
review image
3 people found this helpful
on July 23, 2016
I finally ordered one of these and am so glad I did! I was tired of "eyeballing" my cuts and ending up with lopsided cakes. This is super easy to use and works great. It is the first one I have owned, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I do have to mention that sometimes I have to "start" the cut using a serrated knife, but once it is started, the wire does a great job. I do wait until the cake is completely cool before I cut. I have had no problems with it mashing or tearing the inside of my cakes.
One person found this helpful
on September 10, 2012
After reading the reviews on this product, I was a little concerned it might be a waste of money. However, after having used this on several occasions, I can't complain whatsoever. I will admit that sometimes you may have to use a knife to make a small slit in the side of the cake before placing the leveler where you'd like it, but after that cutting the rest of the cake top off is a breeze. This has saved me not only time, but lots of frustration compared to leveling a cake free-handed. I would definitely recommend this product!
6 people found this helpful
on July 17, 2014
Haven't used it yet. First one I ever owned. Have never used one, but plan to. It seems sturdy, & I hope easy to use. The next deep cake I bake is getting layered & topped off by this thing. We'll see how it works. I'm hoping to get a fair amount of use out of it to create nice flat-topped cakes. It appears well-made. Hopefully, it works well, too. It is stainless steel. It isn't cheap or ridiculously unusable-seeming at all. A decent purchase that I anticipate will do its job well.
on July 29, 2017
Love this slicer. adjustable, easy to use and make clean cuts. No more guessing with a knife. Must have for bakers. would purchase again.
One person found this helpful
on February 16, 2018
I’ve only used it once since receiving it. Ittskes a little while to get used to when you’re used to using a bread knife.
on October 29, 2017
So far so good! I was worried about buying this after the mixed reviews, but decided for the price to take a chance. Works just fine!
on March 12, 2016
I am currently in culinary school. I have been trying to build my supplies. With my boyfriends birthday coming up I figured it would be great to make a cake for him so I ordered this to test it out first. I finally made the cake so now it's time to cut the muffin too. Well that was disappointing because this didn't work not one bit I still had to use a serrated knife
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.