|Screen Size||12 inches|
|Hard Drive||480 GB|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.19 shipping
SDSSDXP-480G-G25 SanDisk Extreme II 480GB SATA 6.0GB/s 2.5-Inch 7mm Height Solid State Drive (SSD)
|Price:||$306.23 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Launch applications faster and enjoy quicker system boot ups/shut downs
- Sequential Read/Write up to 545MB/500MB per sec.
- Random Read/Write up to 95000 /75000 IOPS
- Low power consumption for cooler operation and extended battery life; Power Consumption (active): 0.22w
- Noise reduction for quiet drive operation; Vibration (Operating/Non-operating) : 5 gRMS, 10-2000 HZ / 4.9 gRMS, 7-800 HZ
- Durable Stainless-steel casing in 7.0mm thickness; Shock Resistance up to 1500 G @ 0.5 m/sec
- Operating temperature: 32ºF to 158ºF (0ºC to 70 ºC)
- MTBF: 2.0M Hours, product backed with five year limited warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
- TRIM is enabled by default, so you don't have to turn it on.
- Disable System Restore. This wastes writes on the device and shortens its lifespan.
- Disable your pagefile. When using an SSD this quick it is not needed and it also wastes writes. Just make sure you have at least 4GB of RAM in your system if you do this.
- Turn off timestamps on NTFS. This is unnecessary and can reduce the life of your SSD.
- Turn on TRIM. You can do this by adding discards to your /etc/fstab. You may also want to add noatime as well.
- Add a persistent RAM Disk assuming you have adequate amounts of RAM.
- Use a low latency I/O scheduler (e.g. deadline).
With these options enabled, you will get the most out of your SSD and wonder why you waited so long to get rid of you old spinning hard drive.
Note: If you want to make an exact copy of your existing hard drive to your new SSD:
- Grab and external USB drive carrier that will accept your old hard drive.
- Download a Gparted Live boot disk.
- Take your old hard drive and place it into the external USB drive carrier.
- Install your new SanDisk SSD.
- Boot your system into the Gparted Live Boot Disk.
- Run Gparted and note the drive ID for both your new drive and old.
- Open a terminal and run: dd if=/dev/sdX of=/dev/sdZ (where sdX is your OLD drive and sdZ is your new hard drive. The actual ID's will most likely be /dev/sda and /dev/sdb).Read more ›
Importance for editing video
-Editing is tons of IOPS/read/write operations. Comparing my old drive vs this one you can instantly see the differences: When opening the project with 1000 files, how fast does it open? in adobe premiere it shows you the countdown of all the files it's re-connecting to when you open. Old drive: over a minute. Sandisk: a few seconds.
-Playback and clicking between different points in time. Old drive: some lag, some hiccups. New drive: instantaneous, almost all the time.
-I was dead set on the 960gb M500 for awhile, it's a great bang for the buck, but my friend turned me on to the deal this one had for $369, and noted in reviews, the M500 was a chunk slower in certain operations than this sandisk.
-The samsung evo pro is probably the equal competitor, similar performance, similar price, but this drive on sale edged it out for me.
What's to like
-Got it for under 78 cents per gb. not as great as the 50 cent per gigabyte deals, but this is much better than average SSD
-Capacity is good if you're editing compressed footage, can fit a feature film plus a lot more from C100 24mbit files. If you're editing RAW files, probably should RAID multiple of these
-High IOPS. This is just as important as read/write, espectially for video editing, which is tons of referencing.Read more ›
I do a lot of backups and transfer large files with my laptop and it used to take forever when I had my HDD but now everything is blazing fast. I know that this product literally came onto the market just a few days ago but it seems it's receiving very good reviews and so far I'm very impressed! When I was on the HDD, I would get around ~5hrs of battery life but now I'm getting around 6-7hrs. I travel a lot so battery life is very important to me and being able to have an extra 1-2hrs is awesome. This SSD is quite an improvement from my Toshiba HDD that I had before in my laptop but I'm really impressed by how lightweight this new drive is and how fast it.
It also generates almost no heat and is obviously silent to the ear. I couldn't stand the weird noises that my Toshiba HDD would make during the night. The access and read speed are as advertised and I did a benchmark with CrystialDiskMark, the results are below. I use my laptop for video editing/web development so I use programs like Adobe After Effects, Dreamweaver and Photoshop quite a lot.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Once upon a time, this was among the fastest SSDs available. While this is no longer true, and there is no compelling reason to purchase this drive, mine is still operational and... Read morePublished 14 days ago by Willy
fast , reliable , I have raid and is super fast . much improved starting my pcPublished 4 months ago by EDUARDO GOMEZ C
When shopping for SSD cards, I read mixed reviews about this product, but it has not disappointed me yet, and I've used it over and over again for almost two years now. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Delivered 6GB/s which you will notice coming from HDD.
Failed after 20months of daily use.
Generally 3hrs per day without swap disabled. Read more
Put this in an A Dell Inspiron 11 2 in 1 notebook. Made a big difference. Just regretting not paying a little more and getting 250GB one as the drive space runs out fast and... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Bruce Homer
My desktop is happy and is humming along. So far have had no issues.Published 10 months ago by Sanjay