|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||8.6 x 5.9 x 4.4 inches|
|Item model number||FL89030L|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Type of Bulb||LED|
|Number of Handles||1|
|Included Components||Desk Lamp|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
SE FL89030L 30-LED Battery Powered Desk Lamp
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
SE is proud to present our 30-LED Work Lamp, featuring 30 super bright LED lights and a three-stage switch.
First press: 10 LED lights On
Second press: 30 LED lights On
Third press: Off
The neck of this lamp pivots up and down, allowing you to customize the angle you want the light to project. Our lamp can be freestanding, handheld, or hung in place with the attached hook at the top of the lamp. Our lamp will operate for several hours on three D-cell batteries, which are not included.
Avoid getting counterfeit items. Genuine SE products come with our SE logo on the packaging.
SE products are quality items for extremely reasonable prices. SE is committed to providing the customer with the best source for value possible on the market. You will enjoy the quality, function and usefulness this 30-LED Work Lamp has to offer.
SE is a registered trademark protected by US Trademark Law.
Top customer reviews
I made the mistake of keeping it on a rickety wooden fence while I was hammering a nail into it. The lamp fell over the other side and broke where the base is glued to the neck. If the 2 wires inside had been longer, I probably would have been able to glue it back. Unfortunately, the wires separated from their contacts so repair was not possible. This lamp is so useful, I bought a second one to replace the first.
Because the 3 'D' Energizer batteries (not included) store so much energy, they last a long time. I can't remember the last time I replaced them and I use this lamp a lot. I use an old variable setting analog voltmeter to test the batteries for 1.5 volts. I purchased this lamp mainly because it uses LED lights and D batteries. It gives enough light to work with at night for most jobs. I only use the 30 LED lamp setting, not the 10. I decided not to buy a lamp which uses AAA or AA batteries because I would be constantly testing and changing the batteries.
If you are going to use the lamp for a long and have access to a power plug, you can use either a Hosa ACD-477 Universal Power Adaptor, Selectable up to 12 VDC 1200 mA or a Velleman PSSMV1USA 3-12Vdc Switching Power Supply. I have both. I bought the Hosa first and then the Velleman. Both seem to be about the same. The Velleman seems to have ultra low power usage when it is not being used. Disclaimer: neither the Hosa nor the Velleman are UL Listed. I checked other power supplies and none seem to be UL Listed.
The only improvements I would like to see are:
1. To change the hook from plastic to metal. I have never used the plastic hook because it looks cheap and could break off.
2. Update the LED's. The LED's are the old style. I would like to see an upgraded 3 'D' battery lamp with newer LED bulbs such as LED Replacement Bulb 30 Lumens - 2-Pack or Nite Ize High Power LED Upgrade Bulb for C/D Flashlights, 74 Lumen Bulb.
In summary, I recommend this 30 LED lamp for most jobs. I do not recommend it for use as a desk lamp.
I've concluded there is no such thing as a NON-disposable LED light & if the bulbs can't replaced, these are allll a waste of money.
I've had the hardest time finding a light that works in this price range and while not the perfect light, it has more pros than cons.
The first pro, is the obvious but crucial pro: it works where many others, the bulbs burn out!!!
- Very bright w/ the option of a less bright (10 LED) setting
- Can work as both a desk light and power outage lamp
- Is not too heavy w/ 3 D size batteries (not incl) in it.
- Can work w/ wall cord
- Has built-in hanger for workspace use
- Is easy clean material
It does have a few cons:
- The wall cord is not included and it doesn't fit every size. I was just fortunate to have a size that fit but that one needs to be plugged into something else so running it on batteries.
- It doesn't move with the full range of a gooseneck light so if you need a lot of light in a small area, you have to place the light very close for the extra brightness/works more like a very bright lamp than a booklight.(If you need a booklight, you won't like this as well even with the hanger)
- Cannot connect w/ a USB adapter.(the biggest disappointment about this one for me, though I knew before I purchased it that USB lights that last don't exist!)
Other than that, it looks a lot like the cheap ones found in some stores but is bigger and much, much brighter. Unless you want to see spots infront of your face & possibly damage your vision (and you can tell as soon you turn it on the high setting) you don't want to look into this!!!!!
It's not my last stop for a light but, because of it's brightness, cost and portability, it's a solid purchase.
I didn't notice that although it will take AC input, it does not come with an adapter. You need to have a 4.5 volt 1.5 Amp adapter.
After using it for 2 months, I love it. The batteries last forever, I have accidently left it on 3 days in a row and it is still working great. It has a great feel when held.
I orginally bought it to illuminate my personal area in a tent, but it is a directed light, so although it doesn't illuminate well an area around itself, it does an amazing job illuminating forward and out.