Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 10, 2015
If you have a watch with a metal band with pins and need size adjustment, please get one of these - they pay for themselves in one use. I saved time and money by resizing my watches at home with this handy tool. It is quite easy and intuitive to use. Just place your watch band where there are pins on the blue plastic tool (as pictured in my photo), place the pin punch that fits (three are included to fit most watches) and gently tap it with the included hammer and pull out with your fingers on the other side when you get enough to grab it. I like to use the blue plastic side for less shock to the watch. And once you have taken away the links you want to get rid of, repeat the same steps but now with the pins inserting.

It is very easy once you actually do it. Now, friends even ask me to resize their watches sometimes.
review image
0Comment| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 6, 2014
Not as advertised. Not the tools pictured. Tools sent are missing pieces and won't work. This is straight up lying and ridiculous. I would like to contact the seller but I can't find where to do that. So I will say it here... Dear seller- I really hope you are planning on sending the rest of the pictured kit to me. The adjustable back remover tool is really not usable. It doesn't even have the tips on it, or the main body part for that matter. It's supposed to be 3piece but as you can see it's 2piece, if you can call it that. See picture below. It's a pathetic substitute. Also, the tool used to pry the back off watches is shown with a nice big yellow handle, easy to hold onto, and a 3 sided blade-like tip for easy opening. Not the case. In the picture it's the red handled piece, like a mini butter knife. The watch holder in the picture is black with a screw adjustable place to keep the watch in place. As you can see in the picture, that yellow thing is supposed to take its place. It's light weight and doesn't adjust or screw at all to keep anything in place. This is false advertising and not worth the money. The most expensive piece is missing. So SELLER, I'd like you to own up to this deceit and send me the actual tools pictured.
review image
66 comments| 192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 23, 2017
Great watch band link remover set! Comes with everything you need to take of the links at home. I ordered the 5 piece set and that is pretty much all you need. It comes with: a dual head hammer, watch band holder, and 3 pin punches. One of the pin punches was broken and it came off of the base but the other 2 were great.

For those who don't know how to remove the links it is very quite easy, following a youtube tutorial would probably do! Your watch should have arrows on the inside of the band. To remove links make sure the arrows are pointing down and place it in the watch band holder. You will use the pin puncher to hammer off the links that you don't want. To connect your watch together/ attach links turn your watch links around so the arrows face up and then hammer the pin back in place (again watch a youtube tutorial first before taking them off!)
on December 6, 2009
Good:

1) It has tools for:
i) Adjusting your metal watch strap. (which I found VERY useful)
ii) Replacing the pin on your metal or leather watch strap.
iii) Unscrewing the tiny screws that might be securing your watch battery to its movement.

2) It comes in a case and that's VERY useful in keeping all the tiny parts together.

3) It comes with a whole set of watch strap pins...which I found very useful.

4) The little loupe is very good, surprisingly good magnification.

Cons:

1) For adjusting your metal bracelet it has a blue plastic tool. This tool has metal pin. This metal pin works great for most brands like Citizen etc...but I found them not long enough for Tag and Omega.

2) It comes with a rudimentary two prong case wrench and that is pretty useless. Invest in a Jaxa type three prong wrench which is also sold on Amazon if you have many of those types of cases.

3) The case and liner could have been better.

4) The little knife thing used to pry open watch cases is pretty wimpy, its already bent from one use.
11 comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 28, 2015
This is quite possibly the best $5.50 you will ever spend. This tool works like a charm. After getting quoted $20 by the local jeweler to remove links from a new watchband, I watched countless DIY Youtube videos about how to remove links from a watchband. None of those methods worked with my Citizens Ecodrive watch because it is a fine band with extremely small pins. As a last-ditch effort, I bought this tool. It WORKS. I mean, it works really, really well. I had low expectations, especially since this was the cheapest kit offered, but I was able to completely shorten the band in 10 minutes and even went back and removed another link to fine tune the fit. I will never take a watch to a jeweler to remove links again. This kit paid for itself three times over in a single use. It doens't include instructions, so watch a few of the DIY Youtube videos first, but in a nutshell, here are the steps:
1. Put the watch on your wrist and estimate how many links you'll need to remove (you can always adjust again if you guess wrong--it's tricky to get a good estimate because of the clasp)
2. Look at the inside of the band closest to the clasp and see the small arrow on each link--the arrow points in the direction in which you need to hammer out the pins
3. Place the band in the holder with the arrows pointing down and make sure the pin you want to hammer out is positioned over a hole.
4. Place one of the metal pin removers on top of the pin and hammer it with the metal end of the hammer. Tap gently at first and gradually increase pressure until you feel the pin give way and pop out. It should take two or maybe three strikes at most, once you get the hang of it.
5. Follow the same procedure to remove the pin closest to the clasp (make sure to hammer on a pin that has an arrow above it; some clasps have a link next to them that can't be removed)
6. Rejoin the links of the newly shortened band: Look at one of the pins and notice that one end is split and the other is not. Hold the band together and place the unsplit end into the link opposite the arrow (in other words, the side the pin fell out of). Tap gently with the metal end of the mallet until the pin is in place, and then hammer with the rubber end until the pin is flush with the band.
Voila!
VINE VOICEon November 14, 2015
I'd gotten a watch that was entirely too large and researched how to remove extra links. The techniques I learned from watching some videos - along with an eyeglass screwdriver and small hammer - worked very well. Then I got an Invicta watch that was similarly too large for me. I tried to employ those same methods and any number of different implements, including a tack, safety pin, paper clip, etc., but those pins just would not budge. I was sure that I'd have to take it in to a jeweler or watch shop just to get the links removed, when I happened upon this product listing. The pricetag was small and I thought I'd give it a try before admitting defeat, once and for all.

The product arrived, I put the watch in the holder, used the mallet to tap the pin tool into the appropriate spots, and..... those pins came out in mere seconds. The watch that I was sure that I'd have to take to a professional and pay to have those links taken out was fixed perfectly in a matter of - without exaggeration - 2 minutes.

I can't say enough about this product. It's amazingly effective for such a small amount of money. This is a kit that would come in handy for anyone who likes/wears/collects watches, and I highly recommend it.
on December 30, 2009
I bought this because it came with three punch sizes. My watch band has pins smaller than one mm. The others come with a number of punches, but don't say if they're different sizes or not. The descriptions just say they're spare punches.

I didn't get the one that worked like a press. I think using the small hammer and tapping gently gives more control than one of the press type tools. I like this because there's nothing to get out of alignment or jam. The only way to improve this would be to provide punch storage in the base.

It took me just a few minutes to remove two links from my watch band, one from each side of the clasp. The punches are 7/16" long, long enough to push the pins over half way out. The small hammer has a plastic face for driving the pins back in.

I also found a magnifying visor very helpful.

****

Addition to review. I've now used this to shorten three watch bands. The last was a women's watch that had pins that were very tight. I just kept tapping and the pins finally came out. Don't tap too hard, let the hammer do the work. The watch band holder has slots of different widths to handle different watch bands.

****

I just measured the pins I received with the SE JT6218 Watch Band Link Remover. They measured as follows:
0.031 inch = 0.79 mm
0.035 inch = 0.89 mm
0.038 inch = 0.965 mm

I used a Starrett 120A-6 dial caliper like this one, Starrett Dial Caliper, American Made, Inch
1010 comments| 200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 16, 2017
First of all, I hate these products that make one listing for multiple items so that the reviews are all mixed up. This review is for:
SE JT6218 5-Piece Watch Band Link Pin Tool Set
• (1) Dual head hammer: metal & nylon
• (1) Watch band holder, 2” x 2”
• (3) Pin punches: 0.8mm, 0.9mm, & 1.0mm
• Length of hammer: 8”
• Length of pin punches: 2”

I got a new steel band watch and watched the jeweler adjust it. After wearing it a couple of days, I wanted some further adjustments. The problem was I purchased the watch away from home so I would need to pay another jeweler to adjust it. I decided to buy this set since it looked very similar to what I saw the jeweler used to adjust my watch in the first place.

At first, this was a little intimidating, especially because my watch wasn't like what most of the instructions that I found online described. There were no arrows for the direction of the pin. And this watch used a pin and sleeve configuration vs just pin alone. Once I recognized this, it was super easy to start making changes. It ended up taking more than a handful of adjustments before I found what I liked. I'm very glad I was able to make these myself.

I now have to tool to make changes to my other watches as well. Which is great since my collection is continuing to grow. Overall, I'm very glad to have spent just over $5 to own the tool to DIY instead of paying more than $10 for one adjustment.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 11, 2017
This was VERY helpful in adjusting the links of my watches. Not sure if I wasn't using it the most efficient way possible, but I struggled a little getting my watch to sit still while working with it. Being able to stand the watch on it's side using that blue square thing (the watch band holder lol) was still super handy. With this item, removing the links took no time at all and it was very easy. The quality is basically what I expected for the amount I paid (so cheap, but it still works = happy me lol)

Er, I don't know what the heck some of these people were doing with their set to break all the pin punches (which are ALL the same size to my eye, the description claims 0.1 mm difference between each size up, but am I really going to see that? I can JUST BARELY identify between 0.5mm and 0.7mm lead refills for mech pencils...), but I had zero problems in that area. Here's some tips that should help to not break your pin punches: Make sure the punch is in the pin hole... hammer gently (seriously don't treat it like a nail going into drywall or something), make sure the punch is aligned/straight/NOT AT AN ANGLE, after pushing the pin out a sufficient amount (you don't need to go all the way, just enough to get a grip on) you can just grab it with your fingers (or very gently with pliers maybe?) and pull it out the rest of the way. The link will pretty much just fall off after the pin is gone.

Ah, I used it on the Fossil Q Wander Gen 2 Rose Gold-Tone Stainless Steel Touchscreen Smartwatch FTW2112 links, and Anne Klein Women's AK/1906RGRG Swarovski Crystal Accented Rose Gold-Tone Mesh Bracelet Watch
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon October 19, 2011
I recently purchased a new Seiko watch from Amazon. The last time I ordered a watch online was about 15 years ago. The band was way too large. Took the watch the local jeweler and paid him five dollars to adjust the band, took all of 5 min. This time I thought I would do it a little differently, and adjust the band myself. The easy way to do it is to order a kit specifically designed to adjust this kind of watchband. After reading the reviews, and perusing the prices, I settled on the SE watchband link remover set for $5.69, or about $.69 more than I paid the jeweler 15 years ago.

Received the new watch and the link adjuster set in the same box about two days later. Before I even set the time on the new watch. I thought I would adjust the band (I like playing with my new toys). Took me all of maybe 10 min. and the band was adjusted to perfection. Not a real complicated procedure. Now, if I have to replace a watch I already have the tools to adjust the band and don't have to shell out money to get the band adjusted.

So, anyone looking for a new watch with the kind of stainless steel band that Seiko and others uses, this would be a money-saving addition.

On the downside, this set seems a little chintzy. But what you expect for under six dollars, and besides who cares, it did the trick quite nicely. If I adjust one more watchband with it will have more than paid for itself. Another plus is the convenience. I arrived at home about eight o'clock the evening it arrived and everything was closed. No jewelry stores open to adjust it, and I was leaving again early in the morning before they opened and I wanted to begin using my new watch immediately. With this kit I was able to do so. All in all a good purchase.