Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks GNO for iPhone 8 $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 10, 2015
If you have a watch with a metal band with pins and need size adjustment, please get one of these - they pay for themselves in one use. I saved time and money by resizing my watches at home with this handy tool. It is quite easy and intuitive to use. Just place your watch band where there are pins on the blue plastic tool (as pictured in my photo), place the pin punch that fits (three are included to fit most watches) and gently tap it with the included hammer and pull out with your fingers on the other side when you get enough to grab it. I like to use the blue plastic side for less shock to the watch. And once you have taken away the links you want to get rid of, repeat the same steps but now with the pins inserting.

It is very easy once you actually do it. Now, friends even ask me to resize their watches sometimes.
review image
0Comment| 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2014
Not as advertised. Not the tools pictured. Tools sent are missing pieces and won't work. This is straight up lying and ridiculous. I would like to contact the seller but I can't find where to do that. So I will say it here... Dear seller- I really hope you are planning on sending the rest of the pictured kit to me. The adjustable back remover tool is really not usable. It doesn't even have the tips on it, or the main body part for that matter. It's supposed to be 3piece but as you can see it's 2piece, if you can call it that. See picture below. It's a pathetic substitute. Also, the tool used to pry the back off watches is shown with a nice big yellow handle, easy to hold onto, and a 3 sided blade-like tip for easy opening. Not the case. In the picture it's the red handled piece, like a mini butter knife. The watch holder in the picture is black with a screw adjustable place to keep the watch in place. As you can see in the picture, that yellow thing is supposed to take its place. It's light weight and doesn't adjust or screw at all to keep anything in place. This is false advertising and not worth the money. The most expensive piece is missing. So SELLER, I'd like you to own up to this deceit and send me the actual tools pictured.
review image
66 comments| 186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Having reviewed watches, and in particular bracelet-style watch bands for the Apple Watch, it became clear that it would make sense to invest in something like the SE JT6218 Watch Band Link Pin Tool Kit. In theory, a kit like this would allow me to skip the jeweler or mall watch kiosk and do the same thing myself for a fraction of what it would cost to get just one watch band sized correctly to my wrist by someone else.

Fortunately, the SE JT6218 Watch Band Link Pin Tool Kit delivered. I took the opportunity to do this during some downtime at a family Easter holiday visit and enlisted the help of my father. While you can do this by yourself, it's definitely good to have someone by your side to help you figure things out.

The kit comes with a dual-head hammer, with one metal side and one nylon side, a watch band holder, and three pin punches of various sizes. While I couldn't tell which pin punch was which, they're 0.8, 0.9, and 1.0 mm thickness; at least two of those sizes were definitely needed for the two watch bands I was doing.

The instructions are straightforward, but the actual process is dependent upon the watch band itself. Basically you place the band on the holder, select which link you want to remove, then hammer out the pin. You'll want to repeat the same process on the other side of the band, so the locking clip is centered on your wrist. In my case, I had to repeat the process on my two bands and remove two links each. After that, the sizing was spot on. Of course, putting the now separated links back together required some more thought - we didn't even use any of the tools to do that as they just sort of locked back into place themselves - but in the end, it all worked out great.

The only major issue that we ran into was the pins getting stuck on one of the watch bands. We grabbed a pair of pliers and pulled it the rest of the way out. Problem solved, but I suppose that's one other tool that could have probably been included, or at the very least maybe try and provide pin punches longer than 2 inches, which may have also resolved that particular issue.

My suggestion is to skip the trip out, get this kit, do it yourself, and pocket the extra money you would have otherwise spent. It's a rewarding experience once you figure it all out.
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 23, 2017
Great watch band link remover set! Comes with everything you need to take of the links at home. I ordered the 5 piece set and that is pretty much all you need. It comes with: a dual head hammer, watch band holder, and 3 pin punches. One of the pin punches was broken and it came off of the base but the other 2 were great.

For those who don't know how to remove the links it is very quite easy, following a youtube tutorial would probably do! Your watch should have arrows on the inside of the band. To remove links make sure the arrows are pointing down and place it in the watch band holder. You will use the pin puncher to hammer off the links that you don't want. To connect your watch together/ attach links turn your watch links around so the arrows face up and then hammer the pin back in place (again watch a youtube tutorial first before taking them off!)
on December 6, 2009
Good:

1) It has tools for:
i) Adjusting your metal watch strap. (which I found VERY useful)
ii) Replacing the pin on your metal or leather watch strap.
iii) Unscrewing the tiny screws that might be securing your watch battery to its movement.

2) It comes in a case and that's VERY useful in keeping all the tiny parts together.

3) It comes with a whole set of watch strap pins...which I found very useful.

4) The little loupe is very good, surprisingly good magnification.

Cons:

1) For adjusting your metal bracelet it has a blue plastic tool. This tool has metal pin. This metal pin works great for most brands like Citizen etc...but I found them not long enough for Tag and Omega.

2) It comes with a rudimentary two prong case wrench and that is pretty useless. Invest in a Jaxa type three prong wrench which is also sold on Amazon if you have many of those types of cases.

3) The case and liner could have been better.

4) The little knife thing used to pry open watch cases is pretty wimpy, its already bent from one use.
11 comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2015
This is quite possibly the best $5.50 you will ever spend. This tool works like a charm. After getting quoted $20 by the local jeweler to remove links from a new watchband, I watched countless DIY Youtube videos about how to remove links from a watchband. None of those methods worked with my Citizens Ecodrive watch because it is a fine band with extremely small pins. As a last-ditch effort, I bought this tool. It WORKS. I mean, it works really, really well. I had low expectations, especially since this was the cheapest kit offered, but I was able to completely shorten the band in 10 minutes and even went back and removed another link to fine tune the fit. I will never take a watch to a jeweler to remove links again. This kit paid for itself three times over in a single use. It doens't include instructions, so watch a few of the DIY Youtube videos first, but in a nutshell, here are the steps:
1. Put the watch on your wrist and estimate how many links you'll need to remove (you can always adjust again if you guess wrong--it's tricky to get a good estimate because of the clasp)
2. Look at the inside of the band closest to the clasp and see the small arrow on each link--the arrow points in the direction in which you need to hammer out the pins
3. Place the band in the holder with the arrows pointing down and make sure the pin you want to hammer out is positioned over a hole.
4. Place one of the metal pin removers on top of the pin and hammer it with the metal end of the hammer. Tap gently at first and gradually increase pressure until you feel the pin give way and pop out. It should take two or maybe three strikes at most, once you get the hang of it.
5. Follow the same procedure to remove the pin closest to the clasp (make sure to hammer on a pin that has an arrow above it; some clasps have a link next to them that can't be removed)
6. Rejoin the links of the newly shortened band: Look at one of the pins and notice that one end is split and the other is not. Hold the band together and place the unsplit end into the link opposite the arrow (in other words, the side the pin fell out of). Tap gently with the metal end of the mallet until the pin is in place, and then hammer with the rubber end until the pin is flush with the band.
Voila!
on July 23, 2011
I recently paid $10 to have a few links removed from a Citizen watch and then the next day realized that the band was too tight. While observing the salesperson remove the links, I figured it couldn't be too difficult to do on my own with the proper tool. So rather than go back to the jewelry store to have it resized, I read a number of reviews and decided on the SE 5 piece watch bank link remover over the various punch type tools.

Since receiving the tool I have resized the Citizen watch as well as my new Orient Men's CEM65002D 'Blue Mako' Automatic Dive Watch. Both were really easy to size with a little practice. Previous reviewers have mentioned the lack of instructions, which are brief at best, but the tool is not tough to figure out. First, look at the back of the watch link and find the arrow which shows the direction the pin needs to be pushed. Place the watch band in the holder, finding a slot that keeps the watch band secure and make sure the pin is over a hole. Use the metal side of the hammer and the right size punch for the pin. Give it a few taps and the pin and link should be released. Repeat as needed to remove the desired number of links and then reverse the process to put the band back together using the plastic side of the hammer to avoid marring the surface of the band. Make sure that the pin is tapped and put back in the opposite direction of the arrow to reassemble the band. If you need a smaller adjustment after removing links, don't forget to look for the micro adjuster holes that are in a lot of watch clasps.

This is an easy to use, money saving tool that has already paid for itself! Highly recommended.
on November 13, 2014
Junk, DONT buy, I guess thats what you get for the money, but at least should be the same as the picture posted.
on August 28, 2016
I bought a Hamilton watch with a stainless bracelet and knew I'd need to remove the links cuz I have girl wrists.

Watched 2 instructional youtube videos, cracked open the tool, laid out a towel and after a mostly careful 10 minutes, I had removed 4 links and my new bling fit perfectly.

For < $6 I don't think you can go wrong.

Hot Tip: If you want to store the kit in a plastic ziploc bag after use and are worried about the fragile tips of the pin removers like I was, cut out the plastic packaging they're shipped in and leave 'em taped inside that so the ends aren't easily broken off.
on March 5, 2015
I dont have a clue what everyone else recieved but what I got was pitiful, There were no pins and the case was a cheap flimsy thing, no hard shell as pictured. The watch pin remover broke the first time I tried to use it. This thing I got was absolute junk! I wouldn't give this to anyone because it would be an embarrassment to anyone! I am going to return it in hopes that someone will try to make this right, If not I guess I'll just get a refund and try somewhere else. update #2 I just seen their $6.25 kit, that is what they sent me, I paid over 17for this trash. They must just grab it off their shelf and through whatever they want in the box. Sorry excuse for a company that amazon uses for these, Amazon should discontinue all of their products. Someone that doesn't take more pride in what they do ought to shut the doors instead of scaming people.